Hi, I haven't figured out yet how to move the cursor around beside tapping the screen and hoping the last tap is at the right spot. If I touch and hold, it goes into selection mode and not cursor placement mode.

Anybody found how or is it one more feature RIM forgot to give us at launch?
    04-19-11 05:27 PM
    any response on this question ? I also have the same concern
    05-17-11 08:07 PM
    Use a mouse or guess work lol. Bluetooth mice work fab on the PB.
    05-17-11 08:27 PM
    Uh, it's a touch screen, so there is no cursor...
    05-17-11 08:29 PM
    Uh, it's a touch screen, so there is no cursor...
    lol...this thread is dumb.
    05-17-11 08:36 PM
    I'm going with my standard suggestion for rim which may use the idea. I've made this suggestion in a few other places where this topic comes up. Praying I hit the "sweet spot" for editing is a drag. Particularly in fields (browser address bar) where you cannot pinch/zoom to increase the size.

Another keyboard swipe from the lower right on a diagonal - open a cursor keypad with left/right/up/down, pageup/down/home/end.
    mmcpher likes this.
    05-17-11 09:00 PM
    Another keyboard swipe from the lower right on a diagonal - open a cursor keypad with left/right/up/down, pageup/down/home/end.
    That would be nice. Awsome in fact. I would even pay for that.
    05-17-11 09:21 PM
    When I'm in the browser, if I can't zero in on the exact spot after a few tries, I'll break down and zoom in. Other than that, something like f2's idea would definitely improve 'cursor movement'.
    05-17-11 10:01 PM
    I wish we could zoom the address bar in the browser but it does not zoom unless I've missed something.
    05-17-11 10:33 PM
    I'm going with my standard suggestion for rim which may use the idea. I've made this suggestion in a few other places where this topic comes up. Praying I hit the "sweet spot" for editing is a drag. Particularly in fields (browser address bar) where you cannot pinch/zoom to increase the size.

That sounds like a great idea! I was thinking of ways to get the whole cut and paste thing to work better by utilizing the touchscreen and bezel and this sounds like a very promising idea.
    05-17-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD