Hello all.

I am new to Crackberry.

I have changed from a 16gb playbook to the 64gb playbook.

Does any one have any ideas of how I transfer my apps to my new device? i have registered my app world id to my new device incl e-mail address. However my apps from the 16gb playbook have not appeared on my new 64gb playbook.

Any ideas please.

Percy21
    06-24-12 12:21 PM
    Hummm, I thought that was all needed. Have you clicked refresh on the new unit in app world?
    06-24-12 12:28 PM
    Hi yes I clicked refresh list but nothing has happened? also while I am here on the video chat when i try to call some one it says the contact is unavailable? even when they are in the same room and with the playbook in hand? I gave my wife my old play book which is 10 days old and I upgraded, should have bought the 64 before?

Thanks
    06-24-12 12:33 PM
    I've also read that video chat will not work with 2 pb using the same ID. I've also read it does if you use the PIN instead of the other option. I can't say as I've never tried to use video chat as my sister is the only one I know with a pb and she is tech challenged and I don't think she has even used the thing yet.
    06-24-12 12:35 PM
    Did the apps show in the uninstalled list?
    06-24-12 12:36 PM
    Did the apps show in the uninstalled list?
    The apps won't automatically reinstall. Check your uninstalled list for them and then click reinstall.
    06-24-12 12:38 PM
    Hi they don't appear in the uninstall list at all on the new pb. I dont have many apps to move over so it is not a huge thing if I have to buy them again.

Also on my wife's pb i changed all the details and it is registered to her with a new mail id, perhaps I am doing something wrong?
    06-24-12 12:52 PM
    Restart the pb and then check UNinstalled in appworld. I moved from a 32 to a 64 and my apps did show up in UNinstalled as long as you keep the same bbid.
    06-24-12 02:31 PM
    I think the problem is that I changed my bb id for my new device and left the original id on the 16gb for my wife so that it was ready to go for her etc.. also because of this my bank card is registered with this id and I can't purchase either?
    06-24-12 03:44 PM
    If you get a PlayBook to replace one leave BB sign in and email same. The PlayBook will ask if the new PlayBook is associated with the old one. Check yes and all prepaid for apps will be avaliable. Otherwise do a wipe on the new one and change login info back to original then it will work. Hope this helps.
    06-24-12 07:44 PM
    hi

i tried this but it says that the id is already taken and wont change? so how do i wipe the new book please.
    06-25-12 12:31 AM
    Gear, security, security wipe.
    06-25-12 05:26 AM
    Thanks for that, i did it and hey presto all done and my old apps are now sitting on my new 64gb-except that the pictures and videos are empty, I had no pics or vids personally just the pre installed stuff is empty? any ideas please.

06-25-12 03:05 PM
    Thanks for that, i did it and hey presto all done and my old apps are now sitting on my new 64gb-except that the pictures and videos are empty, I had no pics or vids personally just the pre installed stuff is empty? any ideas please.

Well if you want to search I think they are posted somewhere on here or if you're up to it you can debrick it by shutting it off, make sure it is off, open DM and plug the playbook in while off, select update and or repair. You'll have to download all of your apps again, I'm unsure if DM or which version of backs up apps as I just download them when needed.
    06-25-12 03:43 PM
    Thanks to all I have sorted the issue, I have decided to leave the empty apps alone for now. When I reinstalled. My email accounts for some reason only the calendars and contacts loaded onto the pb and not the yahoo email mail itself? I loaded my Gmail with no problems.

Any ideas anyone please.
    06-28-12 02:35 PM
    Is yahoo set to only get new emails? Have you sent an email to or from that account?
    06-28-12 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD