I have put an app in the wrong folder and want to get it out.

Can only find threads relating to phones, so hopefully you guys can help me find a way for my playbook.

I'm sure its easy, my brain just isn't finding it.
    04-06-12 10:32 AM
    Select your App icon like you normally would to move it, and then drag it to the X in the top left corner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    crackberryjill likes this.
    04-06-12 10:51 AM
    I have put an app in the wrong folder and want to get it out.

Can only find threads relating to phones, so hopefully you guys can help me find a way for my playbook.

I'm sure its easy, my brain just isn't finding it.
    Go into the folder and drag the app up to the main apps (should be five of them listed: messages, calendar, etc.)

Then close the folder and open other folder, then drag the app from the main apps into the folder.

Sorry I don't know what they call the main apps area, but there are usually 5 apps there and room for a total of 6, so that is what will let you move the apps around between folders.
    04-06-12 11:00 AM
    Go into the folder and drag the app up to the main apps (should be five of them listed: messages, calendar, etc.)

Then close the folder and open other folder, then drag the app from the main apps into the folder.

Sorry I don't know what they call the main apps area, but there are usually 5 apps there and room for a total of 6, so that is what will let you move the apps around between folders.
    It's called the dock I beleive
    04-06-12 12:07 PM
    Another method: Drag the shortcut up to the top dock. Wait about 1 second (don't let go), the folder will close revealing the home page. Drag the shortcut to a new folder or directly to the home page and release.

When dragging to the top dock hold the shortcut in the space between two items.
    Last edited by farside33; 04-06-12 at 12:50 PM.
    04-06-12 12:46 PM
    Are people this stupid :|
    04-06-12 12:47 PM
    I needed some tips on how to work the folders, so let me express how guilty I feel that people such as you are forced to put up with someone as stupid as me.
    taylor96, FF22 and tramline like this.
    04-06-12 01:06 PM
    I don't know, but you're setting the bar pretty high with that example...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 04-06-12 at 02:25 PM.
    Chaddface, snarlybear and sputneek like this.
    04-06-12 02:03 PM
    Yes, and I'm a member of Mensa!
    04-06-12 05:24 PM
    Pretty much covered - use the system tray as an intermediate buffer between the two folders. If you have a bunch to move, empty the system tray first, move six at a time, and finally redo the tray. Doc Neutron
    04-06-12 06:15 PM
    just drag the app to the side, wait for the folder to adjust to opposite side to reveal the home page of playbook where you can put the app icon from folder
    04-06-12 06:46 PM
    just drag the app to the side, wait for the folder to adjust to opposite side to reveal the home page of playbook where you can put the app icon from folder
    Really?! Read the thread. :|
    04-06-12 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD