I am frustrated beyond words with my PB. I bought mine on 4-21-11 and am just not getting to far. I pay for Wi-Fi service and am able to access the Internet 97 percent of the time. Aside from email, which is working out great, my other needs are simple, but not materializing.

Still waiting on Barnes and Noble -- Kobe is fair at best
    No Netflix really ticks me off

Can anyone recommend a way to watch TV or movies more current than You Tube. Not that I am sure that YouTube would work anyway...I am willing to pay for this. (HBO TOGO may or may not work, but I don't have HBO to begin with.)

Has anyone written a Playbook for Dummies?

Thanks to those of you with much more knowledge and patience than me!

Ellen
    07-07-11 10:06 PM
    Just go to the network websites sites for TV. They offer full episodes. e.g. goto abc.com and select full episodes at the top. Also check YouTube - ‪Movies‬‏ to watch current films.
    07-07-11 10:24 PM
    I have used Amazon.com's Instant Video section at times. It has worked very well for me. They have lots of new and old movies as well as current and some old TV shows. Amazon does charge, and you can rent or buy. If you want free TV shows, as Hooper said, check out the TV websites or your cable provider's website.
    07-07-11 11:23 PM
    As others have said, if you goto the websites of the Cable Providers, you can watch your episodes there. I've tried this with CTV, Discovery Channel, and CBC in Canada and it all works. I agree, it would be nice to a see a Netflix for the PB (wishful thinking quite frankly). But at least from what I watch, it's been good.

CNN is about the only thing I have difficulties viewing; I'm not sure if its because I am accessing it from Canada but it never seems to work smoothly for me. But I've started downloading the podcasts from CNN such as Anderson Cooper in case I miss the show and that is working well so it's alright for what I'm looking for.
    07-07-11 11:46 PM
    uverse subscribers can watch shows on the playbook by going to the uverse page.
    crackle.com works
    justin.tv
    amazon works from what people have said i personally can't confirm that.
    as someone else said going to a networks webpage works.
    I'll post more as I find some but those keep me busy.
    Hopefully a upnp player will be out soon and we can play netflix via playon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 11:55 PM
    try megavideo...
    07-08-11 12:01 AM
    Try Sidereel
    07-08-11 01:47 AM
    This is also my biggest complaint with the Playbook, why don't we have Netflix or Hulu? How do those companies benefit from blocking those sites? And why hasn't RIM addressed this or even mentioned it anywhere?

At least I would like to hear from RIM a time frame or if they will ever get those sites enabled...
    07-08-11 09:32 AM
    This is also my biggest complaint with the Playbook, why don't we have Netflix or Hulu? How do those companies benefit from blocking those sites? And why hasn't RIM addressed this or even mentioned it anywhere?

At least I would like to hear from RIM a time frame or if they will ever get those sites enabled...
    Netflix isn't blocked, they unfortunately use M$ Silverlight which isn't supported by the broswer yet. Hopefully Netflix and/or RIM and/or TI is working on a Netflix app, or Silverlight support (app would probably be best way). Hulu blocked access to the site shortly after the Playbook came out (worked great until they blocked it). They probably don't want to give to the Playbook or Android owners for free what iPad owners have to pay for a service through an app for (think it is $7.99 per month). Don't know if they are making an app yet but IMHO it doesn't make sense to block unless they are working on an app.
    07-08-11 10:08 AM
    I use Amazon Instant videos ( Prime membership required) and it works pretty well. they have a decent library of movies and TV shows and is good enough for now until new stuff comes in.
    07-08-11 12:16 PM
    crackle.com works great. dishonline.com has a few offerings, although much of its content comes through Hulu and is therefore blocked.

Hulu has licensing issues as well as a business model that is trying to find ways to drive people to Hulu Plus. A lot of the stuff they offer is available at the various network websites
    07-08-11 02:55 PM
    i use justin tv
    07-08-11 03:03 PM
    I have no idea why Hulu wouldn't allow people to enable play using Android and BB if they paid an additional fee associated with their login. They wouldn't have to write an app and could just flip a switch. Seems ******** to me. Hopefully someone or Rim will allow us to set the user agent on the browser, which would make it even more awesome.
    07-08-11 03:37 PM
    uverse subscribers can watch shows on the playbook by going to the uverse page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i'm guessing you are talking mainly about current content. Much of the older library is on HULU
    07-08-11 07:17 PM
    I didn't know Hulu was blocked on the iPad app without a subscription. Also seems kinda dumb since much of their content is free on their site.

RIM should make some sort of annoncement on some sort of Netflix app, the way I see it, Netflix is a biggie for a tablet, they have to get it. Not sure what the problem is, get on it!!!
    johnnybgalt likes this.
    07-08-11 08:23 PM

Well we have these silly little things calls laws and licenses.

There's only so much RIM can do on their own. It takes two to make these things happen. Try, oh I dunno, being patient and understanding how the business world works. Hulu apps take time. Netflix takes time. IIRC netlflix hasn't been available on Android until pretty recently. It. Takes. Time. Rest assured, there are people working on it. It will happen. .........eventually.
    07-09-11 12:10 AM
    i too am frustrated w the movie situation. i'm really upset about hbogo not working-I'm an hbo subscriber and was really excited about hbogo. Netflix, too, is disappointing. However, i have had good luck w both amazon and crackle.
    07-09-11 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD