As the OP is saying... a video libary of WHAT?

Most video today has some form of DRM protection. It is possible to strip DRM protection, or to download torrents, or to rip your own DVD/Blue-ray collection to digital files. But this can be tricking, time consuming and with torrents a good way to get your ISP to send you a letter or throttle you.

The problem is for people that want to play within the rules, there aren't many options with the PlayBook. And that is BlackBerry's fault - at the launch of the PlayBook and then again at the launch of BB10.

Plenty of die hard fans here will say they can do so much with their PlayBooks, but the big things people use a tablet for - READING, BROWSING and WATCHING, the PlayBook fails at miserable.
    There are legal means of removing DRM. It shouldn't be there in the first place but until greed is vanquished we have to work around their restrictions.
    06-17-14 08:55 PM
    As the OP is saying... a video libary of WHAT?

Most video today has some form of DRM protection. It is possible to strip DRM protection, or to download torrents, or to rip your own DVD/Blue-ray collection to digital files. But this can be tricking, time consuming and with torrents a good way to get your ISP to send you a letter or throttle you.

The problem is for people that want to play within the rules, there aren't many options with the PlayBook. And that is BlackBerry's fault - at the launch of the PlayBook and then again at the launch of BB10.

Plenty of die hard fans here will say they can do so much with their PlayBooks, but the big things people use a tablet for - READING, BROWSING and WATCHING, the PlayBook fails at miserable.
    In Canada we don't have to worry about the ISP letters for the time being. But if that is a problem for you, get a VPN service that way it's hard to track your downloading. There some good VPN services out there and then you can just download the movies off torrents sites and copy them to the PlayBook to watch. That's what I do.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z10
    06-17-14 10:28 PM
27 12