Hi everyone,
    Which is the best and easiest way to put movies on to Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:55 AM
    USB, Windows PC and Windows File manager, Don't use BB Link it would take about a week

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and steve stein1 like this.
    10-07-13 05:10 AM
    Nice one thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:16 AM
    Hi,

Do you mean the best way to just copy them from your computer, or to convert from a DVD (or something)?
    To copy any files, I usually just connect to the Playbook via WiFi.
    Make sure WiFi sharing is turned on on your PlayBook.
    Go to 'Settings->General->Network' to get your PlayBooks IP Address.
    On your computer (must be connected to the same network as the PlayBook) type FILE://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (substitute all the x's with the address obtained in previous step.
    Select the 'Media' folder that should appear.
    Log in with (by default) username: playbook password: <whatever your's is set to>
    You can then navigate the playbook file system, and copy files onto it as if it was a local drive.

On my system at home, copying a ~1gb file takes about 10-15 minutes.

Hope this helps...

Chris,
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-07-13 05:19 AM
    Thanks a lot chris

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 06:01 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Which is the best and easiest way to put movies on to Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    The Kat is correct, you just drag and drop them into your video folder from pc to PB, either wifi, or usb.

I'm guessing that you already have them in a PB format, and if you want to throw some of your personal DVDs onto the PB, I use Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate (paid but workjs well, PB preset, and you can tweak to your hearts content), The are a couple of free ones Freemake, and Handbrake are a couple, but you have to play with it a bit to get the seet conversion, but once that is done you all set to go. Your preference.

To take care of the DVD security issue(s), I use DVD43, a dll plugin that works with just about ANY DVD conversion software.

c
    ChrisMay likes this.
    10-07-13 09:11 AM
    The Kat is correct, you just drag and drop them into your video folder from pc to PB, either wifi, or usb.

I'm guessing that you already have them in a PB format, and if you want to throw some of your personal DVDs onto the PB, I use Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate (paid but workjs well, PB preset, and you can tweak to your hearts content), The are a couple of free ones Freemake, and Handbrake are a couple, but you have to play with it a bit to get the seet conversion, but once that is done you all set to go. Your preference.

To take care of the DVD security issue(s), I use DVD43, a dll plugin that works with just about ANY DVD conversion software.

c
    I can recommend Freemake. That is what I use to convert my DVDs. It has a 'BlackBerry PlayBook' default setting, so all you normally need to do is select your DVD drive, set it to PlayBook output, and press 'Go'. I have had a couple of problems with newer DVDs, but nothing that I couldn't get round ('DVD Decryptor' has come in useful, and also on a very recent DVD, I had to use another little piece of software whose name escapes me for now, but I'll try and remember to update this post later, when I get home and have a look at the laptop...
    EDIT - It was 'RipIt4Me' - Thanks to Wongsky (see later post) for jogging my memory!

DVD43 sounds useful. I will check it out.

EDIT: Another cool thing I've found is the FilmON.TV website. You can use this to record films or TV shows from broadcast TV onto their server. You can then download the resultant file and play it on the PlayBook. Useful if, like me, you don't have a fancy PVR at home. It goes without saying that films recorded this way are for personal use only, and should be deleted once watched!!
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 10-07-13 at 10:40 AM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-07-13 09:34 AM
    I transfer using usb cable as suggested above as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:37 AM
    I can recommend Freemake. That is what I use to convert my DVDs. It has a 'BlackBerry PlayBook' default setting, so all you normally need to do is select your DVD drive, set it to PlayBook output, and press 'Go'. I have had a couple of problems with newer DVDs, but nothing that I couldn't get round ('DVD Decryptor' has come in useful, and also on a very recent DVD, I had to use another little piece of software whose name escapes me for now, but I'll try and remember to update this post later, when I get home and have a look at the laptop...
    DVD43 sounds useful. I will check it out.

EDIT: Another cool thing I've found is the FilmON.TV website. You can use this to record films or TV shows from broadcast TV onto their server. You can then download the resultant file and play it on the PlayBook. Useful if, like me, you don't have a fancy PVR at home. It goes without saying that films recorded this way are for personal use only, and should be deleted once watched!!
    I'd leave DVD43 consigned to the past.

The real DVD Decrypter, which was very effective, soon became victim to various schemes of copy protection that came in with DVDs after a certain point. It was augmented and given more life by things like ripit4me and fixvts, but they were hounded out of existence, as it was, really.

Best, IMO, is DVD Fab HD Decrypter - it's free, regularly updated, and probably the most reliable means of ripping a DVD for conversion. Freemake seems a reasonable choice for conversion - I've used it, and it seems a decent all-in-one.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-07-13 10:07 AM

The real DVD Decrypter, which was very effective, soon became victim to various schemes of copy protection that came in with DVDs after a certain point. It was augmented and given more life by things like ripit4me and fixvts, but they were hounded out of existence, as it was, really.

Best, IMO, is DVD Fab HD Decrypter - it's free, regularly updated, and probably the most reliable means of ripping a DVD for conversion. Freemake seems a reasonable choice for conversion - I've used it, and it seems a decent all-in-one.
    Ripit4me - that's it, that is the one I couldn't remember in my earlier post...
    'DVD Fab HD Decryptor' another one to add to my 'must check this out' list...!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-07-13 10:38 AM

DVD43 has kind of been retired, and they now just use a DLL file plugin that seems to work with a few of the DVD rippers Ive tried.

I have found that there are some newer releases that throw dvd43 into a headspin.

will try Ripit4me - that's it, that is the one I couldn't remember in my earlier post...
    'DVD Fab HD Decryptor' another one to add to my 'must check this out' list...!

Thx,

C
    10-07-13 11:27 AM