Hi everyone most probably heard this a million times, which is the easiest way to download movies on to a Playbook and watch them off line. Had Playbook for ages and still haven't used it to its full potential. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 11:02 AM
    for me it has been to download the movie/show and simply drag and drop in the video folder when connected to your PC. There are a few other ways that just seemed a bit to techy for me. hope this helps!
    finallybb and bambinoitaliano like this.
    06-06-13 11:09 AM
    Use drag and drop wireless.

Posted via CB10
    finallybb likes this.
    06-06-13 11:11 AM
    06-06-13 11:15 AM
    Pretty much drag and drop or copy and paste. Either hard wired or wireless. Both work.

If your video has ac3 audio, it won't work on the PlayBook . You will need to convert. I use an app called Watch More which will convert for you. The app is in BlackBerry World.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    06-06-13 11:16 AM
    You can also download movies directly to your PB from the net from various sites that allow you to download movies. Most of these sites are illegal, and linking to them here is generally frowned upon- though some have been linked to and discussed in this forum previously. One site that seems legal, in that they have movies available that are in the public domain {their copyrights have expired} is PublicDomainFlicks.com - Free Public Domain Movie Downloads . To download a movie, simply tap and hold on a download link, then select "save link as". You can also purchase or rent flicks from the Blackberry Video Store.
    06-06-13 12:22 PM
    If you are talking about movies/dvds that you own, you can use Aimersoft video converter or Freemake, they both have settings for the Playbook, you just pop it into your cd drive and convert away, then drag and drop though Windows Explorer. Yes, you can also do it of wifi, but if there is an RF glitch from some outside source, it can corrupt the download. Hardwire is the most reliable.

Nowdays, alot of DVDs and Bray disk come with a digital copy, again, pop into cd drive and drag/drop the digital copy and you are good(proviso no AC3 audio codec, no workie.

If you are looking to download from "torrent" sites or like some one who posts here once in a while with links to the "newest movies", BEWARE, virus and more than likely illegal.

Google Freemake, and Aimersoft Video Converter. They also look good when plugged into the big screen.....

C
    06-06-13 02:46 PM
    There's a new app that let's you just about play any formatt movie think its called kale soft media player
    06-06-13 05:21 PM
    Aimersoft is great.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:48 PM
    Pretty much drag and drop or copy and paste. Either hard wired or wireless. Both work.

If your video has ac3 audio, it won't work on the PlayBook . You will need to convert. I use an app called Watch More which will convert for you. The app is in BlackBerry World.

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    Or just purchase the app KalemSoft. Play just about every format. Well worth the money .
    06-06-13 07:42 PM
    If you download movies to your pc using a file sharing sites, you can download to your PlayBook.
    06-06-13 10:49 PM
    I wouldn't transfer them by wifi....it takes to long...drag and drop from pc. playbook to date has played every movie i've tried. and i've tried a lot....
    06-07-13 12:17 PM