I may not be the most knowledgeable person regarding the playbook yet but i guess i will learn soon enough.

It has impressive specs but how can movies be loaded on to it? Is it going to be as complicated as getting movies onto a blackberry phone? Since you still will not be able to buy/rent movies from itunes and load them onto the playbook how can movies be put on to it? Still have to download and then convert? I hope I just don't get it? I travel a lot and want to load the playbook up with movies and tv shows and watch them.

All help is welcome and appreciated.
    03-23-11 06:32 PM
    buhhhh complicated on a torch? i convert to mp4 and load it on. i mean i got like 7 or 10 movies on my torch's sd card that hasn't been out of the phone since i put it in. i also do it the i guess hard way by manually copying them to my phones movie folder. But it should be about the same i think.
    03-23-11 06:56 PM
    I would like to see some kind of iTunes-like movie purchasing/renting app. I use Netflix, but that would be useless on a plane. Plus, I find it painful to download movies and convert them to MP4 to watch on my phone. Are there any iTunes competitors on the movie-front?
    03-23-11 07:06 PM
    I agree completely, I don't like having to convert movies; too much work. I want an itunes type thing. Simple and easy. I don't want to stream, too much data. the playbook seems to have great video but how do you get the movies on it? If you rent from itunes you can't convert and watch. Got to be a way to do it that makes sense to someone not computer savy. Either way i ordrered the playbook cuz i have to have it i just want to understand how to use it!
    abercedes likes this.
    03-23-11 07:43 PM
    I agree completely, I don't like having to convert movies; too much work. I want an itunes type thing. Simple and easy. I don't want to stream, too much data. the playbook seems to have great video but how do you get the movies on it? If you rent from itunes you can't convert and watch. Got to be a way to do it that makes sense to someone not computer savy. Either way i ordrered the playbook cuz i have to have it i just want to understand how to use it!
    itunes is littered with DRM policies, hence your issues. the defacto way to put media on the playbook is using media sync on desktop manager.
    03-23-11 07:47 PM
    I know how to sync but where do you get the movies to sync? Everything has to be converted first right? I want good quality movies and want the ease of itunes. how is it that nobody has created a similar thing for renting or buying for all the non apple products. i get the connect and drag and drop but where are we getting the movies to watch. perhaps i`m slow and not getting it which is possible but i must be missing something. everyone says its so simple but cant buy apple movies so where can i get a bunch of movies for a long trip and load them onto the playbook...when i get it of course.
    03-23-11 07:56 PM
    Doesn't amazon have a video download service?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 08:04 PM
    Not sure in canada, but that`s a great option.
    03-23-11 08:11 PM
    I agree with some of the above posters; it may be very easy for some to convert movies, but to me... It's a pain. And to be honest, not having the ability to clck from my device and download a movie may be a deal breaker.
    03-23-11 10:01 PM
    If you have your movies in your files already, then you will get them on onto the playbook via the desktop manager. The key is if the playbook will play avi. video without conversion, you know just like windows media player. Avi video is easy to use, but if conversion is needed, there are a couple of good programs that will do it for you, just Google video converters, there are some good free ones out there.
    03-23-11 10:31 PM
    First, I don't find it difficult to put movies on my BlackBerry. U have a few programs from SlySoft that I use to copy (legally) and convert.

For example. I have The Bourne Ultimatum copied and it is 7.8gb. I also have it converted to a mobile version, MP4 and it's 439mb.

On my 9700 the mobile version is fine. I'm not sure how it will look on the Playbook, but I'm sure it will be OK.

Keep in mind that the Playbook has a USB I/O for you want copy to and from it.
    03-24-11 06:41 AM
    I would like to see some kind of iTunes-like movie purchasing/renting app. I use Netflix, but that would be useless on a plane. Plus, I find it painful to download movies and convert them to MP4 to watch on my phone. Are there any iTunes competitors on the movie-front?
    If you want itunes get a darn ipad and then you and i stuff can be happy.
    03-24-11 07:01 AM
    03-24-11 12:53 PM
    I'm using Daniusoft Video Converter Ultimate, its a drag and drop. It will convert anything to any mobile device. It even has the Playbook listed, so just choose it and it will convert your movie to the perfect format for the Playbook. Drag your input file, click convert and you're done. Then drag the movie from the folder on your PC to the Video file on your Playbook and you're done.

I found a "cracked" copy (google is your friend) to check it out as it is expensive at $59.95. I've converted 14 movies, from .avi, mpeg4, dve ect. No problems and perfect results every time. Doesn't get any easier.

If you find an old copy of the software, say yes to the update so the Playbook option will be included. I had to do this before I saw it listed in the devices.
    05-12-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD