I know I have been pretty negative on the PB from the start....I returned the first, bricked the second and subsequently brought it back to life with a hard reboot and new software build....but my recent find has me happy as a clam. I have a couple movies that always seem to make me laugh, no matter how many times I see them...Anchorman being my favorite. Anyway, with the use of DVD Decrypter and Handbrake, I finally was able to load them on on my PB. This may seem to be an easy concept to some that are more technically advanced, but damn did I have a smile on my face after loading them on. The quality was perfect and it was pretty easy after a little research and a few mouse clicks. I highly recommend it to anyone that has some of their DVD's they want to put on their PB.
    04-24-11 07:22 AM
    hear hear!

and that screen is *gorgeous*. I watched a couple of films in bed this weekend. so nice!
    04-24-11 07:37 AM
    I've watched several movies on my PB since getting it. And they are absolutely stunning!! I don't attempt to burn them and watch them on my Tv anymore because my PB is such better quality.
    04-24-11 07:42 AM
    I'm converting all my .avi to DivX format using Roxio Toast Titanium 9 (Mac)....getting good results....music videos are also fun
    04-24-11 07:44 AM
    i wish i knew how to work that handbrake thing lol,id lov to have a couple movies on my PB. maybe someone can do a fast rite up on how to use handbrake
    04-24-11 07:47 AM
    Being able to plug it up the big screen via hdmi is a great feature too.. bye bye dvd player
    04-24-11 07:49 AM
    Being able to plug it up the big screen via hdmi is a great feature too.. bye bye dvd player
    yeah it works amazingly well. i tried it yesterday. the only reason i still have a dvd player is my kids have several movies they enjoy watching from time to time, although as they approach their tweens and teens they should learn all the stuff to enable them to become media masters....

I'm watching most of my movies now on Apple TV or PS3
    04-24-11 07:51 AM
    I've been using handbrake and Slysoft Anydvd for a while. I've actually been making most of my movie collection digital, copying them to my Homeserver, then watching them on my 360. Last night I copied two movies over to see how they looked. I copied Tron Legacy and The Other Guys. My typical settings for handbrake are Normal. The quality looked great and the movies came in at 900mb (The Other Guys) and 1.6 (Tron). Normal works for most devices and the quality is still there. Handbrake is nice because it also keeps the chapters instead of one large video file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 08:47 AM
    Yep Hanbrake movies loaded on mine and look and sound great. Put on some music and it sounds great too. Will be putting on more of both soon.
    04-24-11 08:49 AM
    @mohawk rcer. You need to run DVD Decrypter first in order to get it into a format that Handbrake can see. Handbrake is pretty easy as well. Someone else already posted something about it earlier, but all I selected was "High Profile" and hit "Start". It then take about an hour and a half to do a full length movie. I then started up desktop manager and synced the folder that I exported the movie to. I know its not a detailed step by step instruction, but if you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to answer...

@bbmikebb....is there an difference between DivX and M4v quality?
    04-24-11 08:55 AM
    I'm almost kicking myself now that I didn't get the 32gb PB, though I guess its not a big deal to shuffle the movies back and forth as need be.
    04-24-11 08:57 AM
    i agree the quality is sick on the playbook, ive been able to download some music videos in 1080p right from youtube using KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more! its a great website and only takes a few minutes to convert to mp4 then you just drag it right on to the playbook
    04-24-11 09:02 AM
    i wish i knew how to work that handbrake thing lol,id lov to have a couple movies on my PB. maybe someone can do a fast rite up on how to use handbrake
    to convert a file:

1. open handbrake

2. click "source"

3. click "video file"

4. select the file to convert

5. wait a few seconds

6. name the output file (type it directly into the file text box, or click "browse"

7. press "start"

8. wait a while

9. check crackberry forums while you wait

10. half an hour to several hours later, your file is done!

for ripping DVDs (you need an extra program if you want to rip commercial DVDs, this only works with homemade or others with no copyright):

1. open handbrake

2. click "source"

3. click "folder"

4. navigate to your DVD drive

5. name file output (same as last time, but I'm too lazy to write it again)

6. press "start"

7. wait

8. wait

9. transfer your new file to your playbook!

there are many more things you can do with handbrake, but this is just the quickstart style instructions. Be sure to ask if you want to do something else with handbrake!
    tsells and uscfox like this.
    04-24-11 09:10 AM
    I am getting my playbook tomorow from the company but they only sprang for 16g version.

Does anyone know if you can store video files on the SD card in your blackberry and either copy them to playbook and run on playbook via the bridge or run them direct from the card via the bridge.
    04-24-11 09:19 AM
    Just curious folks, does handbrake support bluray? I've been an avid user of anydvd and clonedvd mobile from slysoft and have had great results but clonedvd mobile doesn't support bluray yet...

PG
    04-24-11 09:44 AM
    Use DVD Fab decrypter and rip the blu-ray to your hard drive. Output will be m2ts container with either an h.264 or VC-1 codec inside. You can probably remux the file to MP4 and play it on the PB but it will be between 20-30 gb file. I would assume this is too big. You can open the m2ts file in Handbreak and reduce the file size be either going into the video tab and reducing the bit-rate to 20 -25 or so, or be rencoding in 720p
    04-24-11 10:16 AM
    I'm upset that it doesn't play .mkv, I hope in the future network shares can be mapped
    04-24-11 10:51 AM
    can anybody post their setup when converting video using hand break like fps, height & width etc. does the videos came out 1024 x 600. thanks
    04-24-11 11:09 AM
    @mohawk rcer. You need to run DVD Decrypter first in order to get it into a format that Handbrake can see. Handbrake is pretty easy as well. Someone else already posted something about it earlier, but all I selected was "High Profile" and hit "Start". It then take about an hour and a half to do a full length movie. I then started up desktop manager and synced the folder that I exported the movie to. I know its not a detailed step by step instruction, but if you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to answer...

@bbmikebb....is there an difference between DivX and M4v quality?
    Ok dl handbrake. Only thing is now I have no movies on my pc to try it out lol.
    Where can I try and download some movies from? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 11:47 AM
    there are many more things you can do with handbrake, but this is just the quickstart style instructions. Be sure to ask if you want to do something else with handbrake!
    Thanks for taking the time to do those instructions. What file format should it be saved in to play on the playbook? And on the window that's on the left markd "presets", what should be highlighted? Thanks!
    04-25-11 01:22 PM
    I am getting my playbook tomorow from the company but they only sprang for 16g version.

Does anyone know if you can store video files on the SD card in your blackberry and either copy them to playbook and run on playbook via the bridge or run them direct from the card via the bridge.
    Not currently. The Bridge Files app seems to be limited to documents right now.
    04-25-11 01:56 PM
    not sure why you need to convert movies for the PB? I just imported a ripped bluray with no problems...its an MKV file, i also play 3gp, avi, and a few others with no issues...what file extensions are you having problems with?
    04-25-11 02:54 PM
    not sure why you need to convert movies for the PB? I just imported a ripped bluray with no problems...its an MKV file, i also play 3gp, avi, and a few others with no issues...what file extensions are you having problems with?
    I'm curious to know how exactly you got an mkv file to play in the Video app.
    04-25-11 03:00 PM
    big fans I see!
    04-25-11 03:06 PM
    i still have dvd shrink on my computer, i love the combination of that and dvd decrypter
    04-25-11 03:09 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD