06-25-13 05:42 PM
36 12
tools
    I bought my playbook for 3 simple things:

1) Email

2) Surf the Net

3) Watch movies when flying

In this thread alone there are 5 or 6 different ways to load movies some requiring more than one program. Does it really have to be that hard?

I tried Handbrake, FreeMake... Don't know what I did but I had Caddyshack in spanish and I no habla...

Isn't there a simple way for us non techies?
    06-25-12 10:45 PM
    Well dvdfab would be the easiest. Insert dvd, select mobile setting and select ipod or whatever works for ya I don't use that program anymore but my dad was able to use it easy and he can't even rename a bookmark lol.
    06-26-12 05:39 AM
    This isn't free but it's what I've used for all my devices for years now. I like it a lot.
    However, you do get I think it was 5 free uses of the software to try it out. So then you know if it's worth it to you or not.
    Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-26-12 at 08:04 AM.
    06-26-12 08:02 AM
    I have over 100 DVD and in the past have tried almost all of the 'free' rippers and converters and though most of them do the job, quality and inabibility to rip/convert couple off DVD's does differ.
    I decided to rather spend some money so I can preserve all my DVD's in digital format. Please note my goal was to have a digital image I could portal around on tablet or computer. My intention was not to have such a quality image I could stream to my 42" HDTV. If I want to watch it on TV, I still prefer the original DVD.
    I bought both WinX DVD Ripper Platinum & WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe (there are free versions of these available) and did not experience one problem.
    I also converted all of them in H264 mpeg4 format between 1000 - 1200 Kbps video. I am very happy and have found this format and size can be played on my PB, iPad and Xoom. I also use the Converter to convert any other format (avi, flv, mkv...) file to mpeg4. This perfectly suits anyone needed to have DVD digital image for tablets.
    On average, you can work a 90 min movie to be 1Gig.
    My 2cents.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    06-26-12 03:04 PM
    I use DVDDecrypter to unlock the contents of a dvd, then use HandBrake or Freemake to turn the contents into a usable file for my PB.

For backup purposes only...
    06-26-12 04:39 PM
    Is it safe to say there is no single process application available?
    06-26-12 06:06 PM
    Is it safe to say there is no single process application available?
    Lo, that's what I was thinking too .....
    06-26-12 07:13 PM
    I think it gets into a legality grey area when one piece of software is doing both functions. DVD decrypter is designed to make a backup of your DVD. Handbrake is designed to convert unencrypted video. On their own, it is different than together...
    06-26-12 09:38 PM
    I downloaded Freemake and converted the dvd then transferred it to my Blackberry. I thought I was all set but it converted the French verson. I've gone back in but I can't seem to find the english version. Any thoughts?
    06-25-13 04:44 PM
    I don't recall but think there's a way to select which sound track or subtitle to rip with the dvd copying.
    06-25-13 05:17 PM
    I downloaded Freemake and converted the dvd then transferred it to my Blackberry. I thought I was all set but it converted the French verson. I've gone back in but I can't seem to find the english version. Any thoughts?
    When you add the video, to the right of the thumbnail it should have the name of the video file and below that there should be a flag with a drop down arrow and you should be able to click that and select another language.

If there isn't an option for English there, you may not have ripped the DVD correctly. Assuming you used DVD decrypter in IFO mode, make sure in the "stream processing" tab you have at least English audio ticked.
    06-25-13 05:42 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD