type Project Free TV into Google
    ErnieH likes this.
    08-31-11 06:24 PM
    Anyone have the 411 on viewing movies on PB?

Not recorded videos or TV connection, but actual movies i.e. Transformers.

Thank you for your time.
    09-01-11 01:03 AM
    09-01-11 01:06 AM
    I use this website to watch the latest movies online in my playbook

http://www.onlinewatchmovies.net/category/english
    09-01-11 01:16 AM
    My father asked me the same question, he uses itunes with the iPad 1 and was looking at the PB for his second home, and well couldnt answer this question, Rim do not have an alternative for media. Tv Shows, Movies, anything I have found is just too hard!

His getting a iPad2...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 01:32 AM
    09-01-11 01:38 AM
    My father asked me the same question, he uses itunes with the iPad 1 and was looking at the PB for his second home, and well couldnt answer this question, Rim do not have an alternative for media. Tv Shows, Movies, anything I have found is just too hard!

His getting a iPad2...

So, if steve...errr.... Tim Cook isn't spoon feeding u through iTunes, then u (or ur dad) are not interested? Sheesh. Because it is just sooooo hard to watch Amazin in Demand, or YouTube Movies, or any of the countless other sites huh?

09-01-11 02:09 AM
    I live in Australia, none of the services you mention are available here... sheesh!

Fyi, I have a PB and iPad, I'm fine with converting movies, try explaining the need to someone not tech minded and is use to iTunes, its not easy!

09-01-11 03:42 AM
    Anyone have the 411 on viewing movies on PB?

Not recorded videos or TV connection, but actual movies i.e. Transformers.

Thank you for your time.
    Amazon video on demand, crackle.com and there's a few others out there. Just finished watching the dark knight on amazon again, great flick!

09-01-11 05:54 AM
    converting? really? i download copy-paste via wifi and play. thats it.
    09-01-11 08:21 AM
    I didn't even know youtube had a movie page!
    09-01-11 08:37 AM
    So, Amazon and Youtube work well on PB? And, EpixHD only works after the trial, if your cable provider is listed..
    09-01-11 09:13 AM
    If you guys don't mind downloading movies then check this link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/movies-...ovides-564516/

Just watched Planet of Apes, Cowboys vs aliens, Super 8 on my Playbook
    Detective M Downs likes this.
    09-01-11 02:04 PM
    check out imovielounge.com its quick, not too expensive, latest movies in mp4 format. not hd quality or anything but easy to download.
    09-01-11 05:05 PM
    If you guys don't mind downloading movies then check this link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/movies-...ovides-564516/

Just watched Planet of Apes, Cowboys vs aliens, Super 8 on my Playbook
    Thanks for link; but 2 questions, he/she provides 2 links. What is the password link for? And, are the movies PB format?
    Last edited by Detective M Downs; 09-01-11 at 05:40 PM.
    09-01-11 05:20 PM
    Sheesh. Because it is just sooooo hard to watch Amazin in Demand, or YouTube Movies, or any of the countless other sites huh?
    Actually, it IS hard using a web browser to view movies.

iTunes is an APPLICATION and it's the center of Apple's iEcosystem.

RIM needs some kind of Media Center in order to compete. Microsoft has their xBox which they will be exploiting.
    09-01-11 05:43 PM
    Actually, it IS hard using a web browser to view movies.

iTunes is an APPLICATION and it's the center of Apple's iEcosystem.

RIM needs some kind of Media Center in order to compete. Microsoft has their xBox which they will be exploiting.
    Considering RIM will be launching the Cyclone media box this fall, I doubt you will have to wait very long for that need to be fulfilled. Bbm music and bb music store is very close to launch with the "video store" not far behind.

09-01-11 10:25 PM
    Thanks for link; but 2 questions, he/she provides 2 links. What is the password link for? And, are the movies PB format?
    The movie is compressed and password protected, so when you extract the movie using WinRar, it will ask you for a password, use the password from password link. The movie extraction must be done in your computer, as playbook does'nt have a app which can extract compressed file. Yes the movies are in Mp4 format and works in PB.

I've attached some screen shots
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 09-02-11 at 06:55 AM.
    09-02-11 01:19 AM
    So you extract the movie using WinRar... 'let me put my noob hat on' What is WinRar? Is it an App I download?

Rim needs to make it easy. The music store is easy. Where is the movie store?

I wonder if Rim have ever looked over the fence and experienced what other platforms do and how easy they make renting or purchasing movies!

Its so frustrating...Luckily i have multiple tablets.... Only one I can recommend to non-geeks though...

09-02-11 03:35 AM
    I didn't even know youtube had a movie page!
    It's actually pretty good.
    09-02-11 06:37 AM
    winrar is NOT an app, at least, not for the pb. It is a computer program. So you run the downloaded files, password and video, through winrar (or something similar) and then use the password to decrypt the video.
    09-02-11 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD