hi,
    after taking my playbook on holiday & only 1 of the numerous movies i put on it (avi format) would work with sound i was wondering what i needed to do as i want to put some MP4 movies on too, to get them to play correctly.
    thanks
    10-11-12 08:51 AM
    Here is the .pdf for recommended formats.
    Attached Files
    jafobabe likes this.
    10-11-12 09:39 AM
    You have to be careful of the audio format. The playbook will not play AC3 audio. You need to have either AAC or MP3 audio. There are other formats but those are the most popular, I've found. I download most of my stuff from ilovetorrents and it's easy to see what format the audio is. Most times it's in the file description or it's in the details of the file. Once you know what you are looking for, it is easy to know if the movie will play or not.

You can also change the format of the audio. This No sound on your BlackBerry PlayBook videos? No problem! | CrackBerry.com works well, I've used it. There are also other programs/ways to convert your movies.

Good luck.
    10-11-12 09:46 AM
    Assuming you're not illegally downloading your videos, you should be able to easily choose a compatible format Chaddface's post and Rip to that format.
    10-11-12 09:57 AM
    Another option is to install the app Watch More. It will convert almost any format into a playbook friendly file. I have some old DVD rips that were not playbook friendly, it converted and plays them no problem. Excellent app!
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...09670/?lang=en
    10-11-12 11:14 AM
    Another option is to install the app Watch More. It will convert almost any format into a playbook friendly file. I have some old DVD rips that were not playbook friendly, it converted and plays them no problem. Excellent app!
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...09670/?lang=en
    I see some of the reviews for watch more say that it doesn't convert mkv files. Have you had any problems converting mkv's?

I would purchase it if it converted all mkv's, but I don't want to get it if it only works on some files.
    10-11-12 05:17 PM
    Not sure, but I'll try it for you! I'll rip a DVD tonight into .mkv format then throw it on the PB and see if it works. Give me a few hours and we will see.
    10-11-12 07:09 PM
    Turns out I did have a few .mkv's in my video vault. Converted two of them without issue.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    10-11-12 08:31 PM
    I guess a great thread with a great solution....I have been using the converter mentioned in the link and works great.....Best thing about it is that it does not mess with the video codecs therefore audio conversion is quick....BTW...I don't think Ipads support ac3 either...
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    10-11-12 08:51 PM
    The problem I have had with DVD rips is audio synch. The file format I used was avi. Any suggestions?
    10-11-12 09:31 PM
    I always rip to MP4 format and haven't had any voice sync issues at all.
    10-11-12 09:47 PM
    Cool guys. Thanks for checkin that out. I'm gonna buy it and try it and I'll blame you if I have ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER!!!! Haha
    Stump3r likes this.
    10-11-12 10:30 PM
    Cool guys. Thanks for checkin that out. I'm gonna buy it and try it and I'll blame you if I have ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER!!!! Haha
    LOL!!! Love it! The wife blames me for everything you can to
    adi_vastava likes this.
    10-11-12 10:54 PM
    I have used WatchMore to convert mkv, mp4 and avi files that would not play into a mp4 file that plays on the PlayBook. I have never been able to convert a wmv file. But some mkv and avi files couldn't be converted. For me, it was worth the cost.
    10-12-12 12:50 AM