The following is saying that Motorola plans to drop the price of the WiFi only Xoom to $599.

Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi is $599, Unofficially Up for Pre-Order - Techland - TIME.com

I guess their feeling the pressure.

Will RIM follow?
    03-15-11 03:51 PM
    The following is saying that Motorola plans to drop the price of the WiFi only Xoom to $599.

Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi is $599, Unofficially Up for Pre-Order - Techland - TIME.com

Will RIM follow?
    Oops forgot Xoom is 32GB, yeah i hope RIM announces soon haha. Annual earning calls in 9 days
    Last edited by dsquared2; 03-15-11 at 03:55 PM.
    03-15-11 03:52 PM
    How is it $500 if it is $599?

That price is FINE as it is a 32 gig tablet, comparable to the ipad. This is my second choice.
    03-15-11 03:54 PM

Will RIM follow?
    The wifi version was always going to be $599 wasn't it?
    03-15-11 03:55 PM
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...bUvbUpU6135016

There is the site. A large 10.1 inch 32 gig table for $599 is a fine price and I used the xoom, it is a nice device.
    03-15-11 03:56 PM
    Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi 10.1" Tablet 00001NARGNLX B&H Photo

There is the site. A large 10.1 inch 32 gig table for $599 is a fine price and I used the xoom, it is a nice device.
    Verizon stores are only selling a couple a day. I checked it out and it had some serious issues. Didn't buy it (I could have made that day's sales climb all the way to THREE, if I liked it better).
    03-15-11 04:06 PM
    How is it $500 if it is $599?

+1
    03-15-11 04:11 PM
    sams is going to be selling it for 539 but 599 would be the "standard" price i think
    03-15-11 04:12 PM
    Verizon stores are only selling a couple a day. I checked it out and it had some serious issues. Didn't buy it (I could have made that day's sales climb all the way to THREE, if I liked it better).
    What did you see as the "serious issues?" I'm not being snarky, I'm just curious.
    03-15-11 04:15 PM
    What did you see as the "serious issues?" I'm not being snarky, I'm just curious.
    Right off the bat (a BRAND NEW UNIT just put out on display) the volume control was wonky. either "on" or "off"--no way to adjust the volume as was depicted by the slider control. The UI is NOT as cool as I thought it would be. The speakers sucked nearly as bad (well not QUITE THAT BAD) as on the original iPad. The screen didn't impress me in the slightest--I actually liked the Sammy better. The camera functions were nothing to get jazzed about. Overall, it didn't even come within a football field's length of impressing me, and I went there to see it with full expectation that I'd be drooling over it. oh, and I felt like my finger was never really touching the display screen--i suspect the glass cover is thicker than what I'm used to, and I don't like that.
    03-15-11 04:42 PM
    If the Xoom goes down to $200 for the 32GB model, then I'll consider it... sorry, but my money is set on the PlayBook.
    03-15-11 04:54 PM
    If the Xoom goes down to $200 for the 32GB model, then I'll consider it... sorry, but my money is set on the PlayBook.
    if xoom goes down 3" i'll consider it haha
    03-15-11 04:55 PM
    Right off the bat (a BRAND NEW UNIT just put out on display) the volume control was wonky. either "on" or "off"--no way to adjust the volume as was depicted by the slider control. The UI is NOT as cool as I thought it would be. The speakers sucked nearly as bad (well not QUITE THAT BAD) as on the original iPad. The screen didn't impress me in the slightest--I actually liked the Sammy better. The camera functions were nothing to get jazzed about. Overall, it didn't even come within a football field's length of impressing me, and I went there to see it with full expectation that I'd be drooling over it. oh, and I felt like my finger was never really touching the display screen--i suspect the glass cover is thicker than what I'm used to, and I don't like that.
    I own one and it has none of those problems I can assure you. But to each his own. As far as a screen cover is concerned they are easily replaced and have nothing to do with the device at all.
    03-15-11 04:58 PM
    If I wasn't so set on the Playbook, I'd be buying the Xoom. I really like it from what I've seen in videos and the little time I've spent with it.
    03-15-11 05:02 PM
    Reports are that the OS is buggy and prone to crashing.

What I am wondering is how well the playbook is going to sell when the larger tablets are the same price.

There are those that want a 7" tablet, yea, I'm one of them, but John Q Public may simply see a 10.1" tablet as "getting more for their money."

If the Xoom goes down to $200 for the
    32GB model, then I'll consider it... sorry,
    but my money is set on the PlayBook.
    +1 but I'm just getting tired of the silence. I'm not one of the dreamers and "head in the clouds" fanbois that thinks its a planned conspiracy to build shock value or anticipation. I am convinced they don't have anything but youtube videos and nightclub parties to offer. This thing is way behind.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 03-15-11 at 05:08 PM.
    03-15-11 05:05 PM
    The XOOM demo unit I tried to use was locked up with a black screen and a message about the RSD or BSD or something...
    03-15-11 05:05 PM
    What I am wondering is how well the playbook is going to sell when the larger tablets are the same price.

There are those that want a 7" tablet, yea, I'm one of them, but John Q Public may simply see a 10.1" tablet as "getting more for their money."
    I personally would prefer the larger screen because most of the work I would do on a tablet is graphics based, so the larger screen would benefit me more. Of course, I would settle for a smaller screen if the device were better and I could get images straight from my camera to the tablet without the use of a computer. If I have to go to a computer first though, then the screen size won't matter and I'll be getting the playbook for its other superior qualities. I can't say that a larger screen does not appeal to me though.
    03-15-11 05:11 PM
    Reports are that the OS is buggy and prone to crashing.

+1 but I'm just getting tired of the silence. I'm not one of the dreamers and "head in the clouds" fanbois that thinks its a planned conspiracy to build shock value or anticipation. I am convinced they don't have anything but youtube videos and nightclub parties to offer. This thing is way behind.
    No OS crashes here at all. I like the idea of unlimited storage, otg usb and limitless customization and apps. I have had no problems with the hardware at all. It will only get better as the OS gets upgraded. (It was a known fact it wasn't a polished OS going in)
    03-15-11 05:21 PM
    No OS crashes here at all. I like the idea of unlimited storage, otg usb and limitless customization and apps. I have had no problems with the hardware at all. It will only get better as the OS gets upgraded. (It was a known fact it wasn't a polished OS going in)
    Okay so why the disappointing sales? The blogs are alive with reports of sales being in the duldrums and Motorola already contemplating cutting back on production. Odd. Time will tell though, reports and rumors in this industry often turn out wrong. Look at Superbowl Kevin and other bloggers.

We will know the truth when sales numbers come in.

03-15-11 05:24 PM
    Honeycomb was rushed too soon, I played with the SDK in the emulator and it froze on me 3 times in a single session. It's the only Android OS version in the emulator that has crashed.
    03-15-11 05:28 PM
    Okay so why the disappointing sales? The blogs are alive with reports of sales being in the duldrums and Motorola already contemplating cutting back on production. Odd. Time will tell though, reports and rumors in this industry often turn out wrong. Look at Superbowl Kevin and other bloggers.

We will know the truth when sales numbers come in.

No ldea about the sales, could be the price, I paid the wifi only price($599), with no contract after a little haggling. As far as the device itself, it is perfect for me and I have no regrets. The PB doesn't have all the features that I considered important.
    03-15-11 05:34 PM
    You haggled $200 bucks off? Where? Sh** I would do that now if I could.
    03-15-11 05:42 PM
    You haggled $200 bucks off? Where? Sh** I would do that now if I could.
    At a Verizon corp. store and dealed with the manager.
    03-15-11 05:54 PM
    No ldea about the sales, could be the price, I paid the wifi only price($599), with no contract after a little haggling. As far as the device itself, it is perfect for me and I have no regrets. The PB doesn't have all the features that I considered important.
    Why are you here then?
    03-15-11 05:55 PM
    Why are you here then?
    Why am I where?
    03-15-11 05:58 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD