***Problem Solved***

Has anyone successfully paired the Motorola Wireless Keyboard with the Playbook? The box claims that the keyboard is compatible with HID Bluetooth devices, and my PB detects the keyboard, only to stop on a screen saying "Waiting for Motorola Bluetooth Wireless Keybo." I've dutifully searched the forums for the answer and couldn't find one, so any help would be appreciated.

(Never mind. Just had to reboot the PB.)
    Last edited by sickbird; 06-20-11 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
    06-19-11 10:31 PM
    How did you do it???

I tried rebooting, but my Playbook still "fails to connect" to my brand new Motorola wireless keyboard.

A few more failed tries and I may be forced to (gag!) purchase an Apple keyboard. It will be a sad day when I put a penny in Steve's pocket.

Any help appreciated!
    06-24-11 11:43 AM
    I too would like to know if the Motorola BT keyboard is compatible and has been setup and working with the PB without problems.
    06-24-11 01:42 PM
    wow, this question is still unanswered? im having the same problem!!!
    08-06-11 12:00 PM
    wow, this question is still unanswered? im having the same problem!!!
    It's not unanswered, the OP clearly states in his edited first post that he solved it himself.
    08-06-11 12:06 PM
    I wound up taking my Motorola BT keyboard back. I tried and tried and even rebooted as the previous post said. The difference for me was I never got the "waiting on" message - mine looked like it was connecting and than I got the "Motorla Bluetooth Keyboard Connection Failed" and that was it.
    08-19-11 09:05 PM
    I was having the same issues as listed above.

I went and checked out the following PDF at Motorola's website:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...83UGk5bEJEaw==

When you power up the keyboard, hold V A R keys down. Then search for it in bluetooth settings.

It will find and pair it. It will then give you a code that you have to type on the keyboard. Type it and press enter. You are now connected!!!

Dan
    MrBugMan, iknight83 and Wndyscot like this.
    09-08-11 02:20 PM
    This works. Use the instructions in the box for pairing to a computer.
    11-05-11 05:10 PM
    01-01-12 03:18 PM
    I had this keyboard and returned it.. As mentioned, hold down the V,A,R keys when you power on to get it to pair; OS 1.0.X is flaky with this keyboard: loses connection randomly (keyboard will auto-reconnect, but this takes a few seconds, and the disconnects even happen *while* you're typing- *VERY* annoying); if you type too quickly, you get crap coming up on the screen.. On OS 2.0.X, the keyboard is much better behaved: no disconnects, but you still get crap if you type too fast..

Surprisingly, the best Bluetooth mouse/keyboard that works 100% reliably with both OS 1.0.X and 2.0.X, are the Apple wireless keyboard and their mice (scrolling using multitouch on the new magic mouse does not work, but the older version with the trackball works fine to scroll)..
    01-01-12 07:24 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for clarifying how to pair and it worked 110%...

Now the only thing really works is the typing, I can't navigate the menu with the keyboard. Anyway of work around? I have the Motorola Wireless Keyboard model #MOTMZ600KBRD.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks
    04-08-12 09:43 AM
    My BT headphones not connecting with PB, any solution?????
    DudeJaat likes this.
    04-08-12 10:13 AM
    My BT headphones not connecting with PB, any solution?????
    Have you tried the process like the others are posting... should be the same process i think
    04-08-12 10:22 AM
    darbeau - thank for reminder on VAR

Did you figure how to get the motorola mouse working - it seems to pair and communicate but doesn't move a pointer/cursor as Kevin showed with the apple keyboard? Be sweet if I could get it to work
    01-07-13 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD