This is what happens if you make a promise and break it

Morgan Stanley Said to Hold Off on BlackBerry 10 Upgrade - Bloomberg
    08-30-13 03:23 AM
    This is what happens if you make a promise and break it

Morgan Stanley Said to Hold Off on BlackBerry 10 Upgrade - Bloomberg
    This is a real concern for many companies. I know it's a concern for my agency. I wonder why you would have a happy face on your post?
    08-30-13 03:38 AM
    This is a real concern for many companies. I know it's a concern for my agency. I wonder why you would have a happy face on your post?
    "Revenge is a dish best served cold"
    If you treat your customers as badly as Blackberry have, then they deserve everything they get!
    08-30-13 04:58 AM
    I think this thread should be moved to http://forums.crackberry.com/news-rumors-f40/
    08-30-13 06:57 AM
    I think it should be left right here were all PlayBook owners can see and enjoy it! Is Blackberry getting Blackberryed?
    Send Again likes this.
    08-30-13 07:02 AM
    I imagine this will be common for firms that intend to buy large devices and keep them in use for years until BlackBerry gets more specific on what strategic direction they plan to take.

I'd love to know too. Could go all over the place, so I don't even want to hazard a guess of what will happen in the next 12-24 months.
    08-30-13 07:08 AM
    all I see is they are awaiting for some assurances before they release a mother of an order to BB for enterprise and devices.

Glass half full or half empty ....I'll leave it to you all to decide
    08-30-13 07:09 AM
    I wished I can say who I work for. It's a fortune 100 company. I am the BBRY Service leader. we have over 50,000 BES 5 devices. We have a BB10 Pilot now with over 1000 users. All I can say is I can't go live fast enough same with a few other peers of my at other enterprises. All I can say is because it is BlackBerry all the "who hasn't upgraded" will make the news. All the large firms like mine cannot publicly say what we are doing without our communication teams approval as this could affect stock pricing. Please believe there are a LOT of big companies rolling out BES 10. It just takes time due to new infrastructure being stood up. Plus BES 10 uses EAS, if you have another MDM in place like a Mobile Iron you have to architect around that. This will not be an overnight fix. Will take anywhere from 6-12 months. Lucky for my company I got a headstart. My end users are quite pleased based upon internal surveys.
    Last edited by MidnightSociety; 08-30-13 at 07:33 AM.
    08-30-13 07:18 AM
    I imagine this will be common for firms that intend to buy large devices and keep them in use for years until BlackBerry gets more specific on what strategic direction they plan to take.

I'd love to know too. Could go all over the place, so I don't even want to hazard a guess of what will happen in the next 12-24 months.
    An what if they pull a Playbook stunt? Ups...the devices cannot cope with the new version of the OS.

I mean, when B10 was announced for the PB it was done so by the CEO...publicly. The same one who changed his mind up after some months. So whatever they say apparently cannot be held against them.

The company I work for(fortune 100 also) is slowly migrating from BB to iOS devices.
    08-30-13 07:24 AM
    No formal press release by MS, so take it with a grain of salt.

All Canadian banks are 100% behind BB10, just very slow rolling it out. Expect the number of units sold to increase significantly this Fall and Winter into Spring 2014.

But realistically, it won't be like the good old days. BlackBerry had no competition in either consumer or enterprise markets. 2013 is different and the market has matured.

Posted via CB10
    MidnightSociety likes this.
    08-30-13 07:30 AM
    The best BBRY can do these days is announce a 2000 unit sale to Univision. 2000. Nothing else is said. No news. No information. Morgan Stanley is not the only company/agency holding off. Too much uncertainty. This is just one of the things that happens when you announce you are looking "Strategic Alternatives".
    08-30-13 07:41 AM
    An what if they pull a Playbook stunt? Ups...the devices cannot cope with the new version of the OS.
    To this day, I don't buy the technical excuse on PlayBook. It smacks of too much work for a product line that doesn't have a successor to try and make it happen vs. a technical impossibility.

They did also do this with BlackBerry 6 to 7 (due to the standard GPU addition across devices) and BlackBerry 7 to 10 (due to the need for dual core processors). PlayBook I'm convinced could have happened technically. If a buyer had said, "Hey BlackBerry ... we'll take 5 million PlayBooks at a profitable price to you and no chance of returns ... if you agree to get BlackBerry 10 running on it", they would have found a way. But this was unlikely, as sucky as it was for PlayBook owners.
    sad_old_man and ViBogdan like this.
    08-30-13 10:20 AM
    All the large firms like mine cannot publicly say what we are doing without our communication teams approval
    Yeah - that's a good point. In my experience historically, case studies are a pain because you need to get agreement, approval (often through many levels) and it's a big deal to get them done.

Our company has thousands of BlackBerry 10s in use now too
    08-30-13 10:22 AM
    08-30-13 08:03 PM