on the PlayBook its projected to sell 6 million by year ends. That quite higher then early estimates.
    So what do you think.

warning link is from bgr very anti BlackBerry!

BlackBerry PlayBook sales could hit 6 million units in first year | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    01-25-11 08:57 AM
    RBC expects the Wi-Fi-only version of the BlackBerry PlayBook to launch in mid-March at a price point between $399 and $449
    interesting.
    01-25-11 09:33 AM
    interesting.
    Only speculation from a bank, although $399 for the base model would be fantastic. I could see it happening as the 3 and 4G models will still have to be priced competitively and the wifi only versions will have to be at least $50 cheaper than the equivalent 3/4G versions.
    Last edited by wayoung; 01-25-11 at 09:49 AM.
    01-25-11 09:45 AM
    the wifi only versions will have to be at least $50 cheaper than the equivalent 3/4G versions.
    3G versions are always cheaper, as they require a carrier agreement.
    01-25-11 10:28 AM
    3G versions are always cheaper, as they require a carrier agreement.
    No, the actual msrp is more expensive. You will only get it cheaper than the wifi version because you sign up for a 2 - 3 year data plan at the same time.
    01-25-11 10:37 AM
    No, the actual msrp is more expensive. You will only get it cheaper than the wifi version because you sign up for a 2 - 3 year data plan at the same time.
    You knew what I meant
    01-25-11 10:59 AM
    This comment made me lol..it's in response to 6 million projected sales vs iPad's 40 million projected..

"I agree! They need to stop targeting professionals and just do what Apple does and target effeminate men,12 year old girls, and the turtle-neck crowd"
    01-25-11 11:40 AM
    Oh that's harsh.

And my wife has an iPad, and she isn't 12. Any more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 11:47 AM
    Oh that's harsh.

And my wife has an iPad, and she isn't 12. Any more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Be careful. Don't make the mistake of even implying she is "mature, older", etc. Its like saying to your wife, "You look pretty today." And she responds with, "What was I - ugly yesterday"? That's dangerous territory.

My wife has an iPad, but I will get the Playbook. She is the perfect age. I got her the iPad because it was Christmas time and didn't think she would have much fun playing with a picture of a Playbook.
    01-25-11 12:05 PM
    I think the Playbook might do better than expected...because I do believe there is a market for the 7inch tablet. But 6million seems a bit high.

BTW...big fan of RBC...my investments with them did amazing last year
    01-25-11 12:12 PM
    I got her the iPad because it was Christmas time and didn't think she would have much fun playing with a picture of a Playbook.
    I got my wife one on Boxing Day as the netbook I got her for Christmas was such an utter useless piece of garbage it could barely load a web page on wifi (thanks to Windows 7).
    01-25-11 12:14 PM
    I got my wife one on Boxing Day as the netbook I got her for Christmas was such an utter useless piece of garbage it could barely load a web page on wifi (thanks to Windows 7).
    No. Thanks to your buyng a netbook instead of an 11.6" notebook that is almost as small and hardly heavier that was properly spec'd to run a desktop OS.

Or thanks to your inability to upgrade the RAM in the netbook, or buying one with the RAM soldered onto the MOBO.

Pick and choose which one.

But hey, can't resist those cheap deals, right?
    01-25-11 01:09 PM
    Or thanks to your inability to upgrade the RAM in the netbook, or buying one with the RAM soldered onto the MOBO.
    that's exactly what my dad did with my mom's HP Mini he got her. I just had to order the 2G ram from the 1GB he had in it
    01-25-11 01:21 PM
    No. Thanks to your buyng a netbook instead of an 11.6" notebook that is almost as small and hardly heavier that was properly spec'd to run a desktop OS.

Pick and choose which one.

But hey, can't resist those cheap deals, right?
    Wow! I always expect to buy something and upgrade it right out of the box to be able to use it! Glad there are "geniuses" on here to enlighten the heathens of the errors in their purchasing ways and belittle them in the process.
    01-25-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD