Had inspections today at our facility by a government agency. Two inspectors show up, one with the standard issue ThinkPad and the other with a guess what, yep, PB. He said he loved it so far and it was much more productive than carrying the laptop through the facility, which normally he would leave in an office and do everything on a notepad, transferring it to the laptop later. Anything larger wouldn't be any different than carrying the little ThinkPad. They're popping up all over.
    01-12-12 07:05 PM
    Awesome-ness!!!!!
    01-12-12 07:07 PM
    Yeah looking at the BlackBerry Balance stuff in OS 2, I think this will really be big in appeal. Fusion will manage all kinds of devices at some point. But the management will work best with PlayBooks in the long run I feel. RIM's doing something that is larger in scope than just getting a tablet out there. It is looking like they will have had time to pull it off.
    01-12-12 07:09 PM
    And I hope they can expand on getting more PB's in police cars.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-12-12 07:17 PM
    Sorry, but I dont want the police to have a reliable, rugged, and versatile machine...

Just kidding
    jafobabe, hpjrt, iDoWell4 and 3 others like this.
    01-12-12 07:24 PM
    I presume email/calendar/contacts integration shown at CES is really going to interest government/business users.

This is the type of stuff they really want and it looks like RIM will deliver
    01-12-12 07:47 PM
    There's an article coming out in a Canadian police trade magazine next month which will discuss the PlayBook police car and the companies behind it. (I'll try to remember to drop a line here about it.)
    01-12-12 07:56 PM
    I presume email/calendar/contacts integration shown at CES is really going to interest government/business users.

Agreed, but email/calendar/contacts/social media/etc. integration makes things easy and efficient! Are you insinuating that government might be interested in that?

I kid I kid.... LOL

Disclaimer: I am neither an elephant nor a donkey.
    Last edited by fj_cruiser; 01-12-12 at 08:01 PM.
    01-12-12 07:58 PM
    There's an article coming out in a Canadian police trade magazine next month which will discuss the PlayBook police car and the companies behind it. (I'll try to remember to drop a line here about it.)
    Please excuse my earlier comment; I guess you are a cop. But am glad you are in Canada!
    01-12-12 08:18 PM

That wouldn't be sarcasm dripping from those pearly whites now would it?
    01-12-12 08:31 PM
    I have a Thinkpad and a PB. Have to agree with the last statement - if I am carrying something bigger I rather bring the Thinkpad than a 10" tablet. If I want mobile, then PB it is. They both make a great combo.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-12-12 08:31 PM
    That wouldn't be sarcasm dripping from those pearly whites now would it?

Not sarcasm...glad that it looks like OS2 will be a strong upgrade
    Last edited by anthogag; 01-12-12 at 09:04 PM.
    01-12-12 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD