Yeah. Isn't this better than the relentless "RIM is going under any day now, all its devices are duds, and you BB lovers are a bunch a schmucks" threads?
    much better. playbook in particular deserves much better press than it gets. these things are phenomenal (and I also have ipad and kindle fire)
    macbodock likes this.
    12-16-11 10:48 PM
    Yeah. Isn't this better than the relentless "RIM is going under any day now, all its devices are duds, and you BB lovers are a bunch a schmucks" threads?
    Yes way better, I have a Blackberry because I like Blackberry. Are their phones that are more tech savvy than a Blackberry ...Yes, but MY NEEDS ARE MET WITH MY PHONE/TABLET ......A BLACKBERRY
    macbodock likes this.
    12-16-11 10:56 PM
    Just a short stray story, since this is a nice welcoming thread and all... ;-)

Was at my daughter's school's Christmas thingy last night, and of course took the PlayBook to video some stuff, and record the choir (with my daughter in it) on audio. I was in the second row, on the centre aisle, behind a teacher who was helping the kiddies onstage with their lines when they needed it.

At the break, because she'd noticed me recording a few bits, she turned around and asked if it was an iPad. The random guy next to me piped up and said "No, that's the BlackBerry one, it's better!" I smiled and said "well, the iPad's pretty good, but this one definitely has better video and audio". I was popping open the video player, cranked the volume up a bit to be audible over the crowd, and found one from a few minutes earlier and played it, then handed her the PlayBook.

Her eyes lit up! She said "wow!" or something... impressed with the detail of the screen, I suspect, and the sound, which as you know is pretty stellar for this sort of thing... exceptional for recording school plays, conference speakers, and such even way across a room.

I thought with her iPad comment she knew nothing about tablets, but she said they'd just bought some iPads for the school and they were "pretty good" or something.

I guess the PlayBook handles the comparison pretty well for something like this. :-)
    macbodock likes this.
    12-16-11 11:24 PM
    Just a short stray story, since this is a nice welcoming thread and all... ;-)

Was at my daughter's school's Christmas thingy last night, and of course took the PlayBook to video some stuff, and record the choir (with my daughter in it) on audio. I was in the second row, on the centre aisle, behind a teacher who was helping the kiddies onstage with their lines when they needed it.

At the break, because she'd noticed me recording a few bits, she turned around and asked if it was an iPad. The random guy next to me piped up and said "No, that's the BlackBerry one, it's better!" I smiled and said "well, the iPad's pretty good, but this one definitely has better video and audio". I was popping open the video player, cranked the volume up a bit to be audible over the crowd, and found one from a few minutes earlier and played it, then handed her the PlayBook.

Her eyes lit up! She said "wow!" or something... impressed with the detail of the screen, I suspect, and the sound, which as you know is pretty stellar for this sort of thing... exceptional for recording school plays, conference speakers, and such even way across a room.

I thought with her iPad comment she knew nothing about tablets, but she said they'd just bought some iPads for the school and they were "pretty good" or something.

I guess the PlayBook handles the comparison pretty well for something like this. :-)
    LOVE your story!
    macbodock likes this.
    12-16-11 11:29 PM
    I understand the excitement, which will be justified when you fire up the device and start exploring it. What fun!!!

edit: congrats on the new gadget! Check out fruit ninja and sling golf in app world!
    Also check out Tofu2. Light Keeper. And a few others. If I had my Playbook with me. I'd tell you right now. But those 2 games are fun!
    macbodock likes this.
    12-17-11 12:04 AM
    I am loving my 32gb. Apps, what about them? Don't need them, I am an addict as it is!
    macbodock likes this.
    12-17-11 12:16 AM
    This is a great thread! I feel I can actually post again.

I love my PB+BB and enjoy it everyday the way it is now.... any updates are icing on the cake.
    12-17-11 12:47 AM
    i almost started a thread have you hugged your bb today? but figured it was corny. you know w all the bad stuff w rim
    You should have, it would have been way FUN! Thanks everyone for sharing in my excitement. It's time for xqzu to start the "have you hugged your bb today" thread! Time to go play with my PB!

Cheers!
    12-17-11 04:43 AM
    Can I resurrect this thread now that we are close to having PB 2.0??!!
    YEAH!!
    macbodock likes this.
    01-29-12 07:38 PM
    i will be like this when os 2 comes out
    01-29-12 07:43 PM
    Can I resurrect this thread now that we are close to having PB 2.0??!!
    YEAH!!
    Woo Hoo! You thought 1xxx was good.. Just wait till you get your hands on 2.0... I am so ready!!!! Got plenty of candy on hand... All we need now is 2.0 and we all are ready!!!!
    01-29-12 07:46 PM
    You are a patient person. I couldn't wait that long to get mine. In fact I took off to the store at lunch time the day it was released. I'm exciting for 2.0 because I want to try the remote feature. I hope you're having as much fun with your PlayBook as I have been.
    01-29-12 09:08 PM
    Welcome, grasshopper
    01-29-12 09:20 PM
    better see a cardiac cause if you so exited now you sure would miss couple of beats when you will hold it for the first time. its a wonderful thing.
    01-29-12 09:29 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD