Just had a little chat with the folks at Monoprice. I've bought cases, chargers, cables, etc for all my other devices with them so I asked if they are going to be bringing on any Playbook accessories (especially with all the publicity and new found fame with all the PBs on on the market now). Their official answer was that they will not be supporting the Playbook nor do they have any plans to do so in the future.

Pity! At least in Canada, they were a great go to for quality after market cases and chargers and cables. For a few bucks, you could have a charger at work, in the bedroom, car, couple different case options, etc.
    02-09-12 12:30 PM
    Just had a little chat with the folks at Monoprice. I've bought cases, chargers, cables, etc for all my other devices with them so I asked if they are going to be bringing on any Playbook accessories (especially with all the publicity and new found fame with all the PBs on on the market now). Their official answer was that they will not be supporting the Playbook nor do they have any plans to do so in the future.

Pity! At least in Canada, they were a great go to for quality after market cases and chargers and cables. For a few bucks, you could have a charger at work, in the bedroom, car, couple different case options, etc.
    Sorry to hear that, but it makes sense. Very low margin products and a business model that is based on volume sales of the same low margin products means that it is not viable for them to carry a product that does not have market volume. As much as we think a lot of PBs are out there now (and a lot were sold in the last few months, that is absolutely true) the actual number of PBs in the market is still very low.
    02-09-12 12:42 PM
    try finding any accesories for non ipad tablets...only one with some accesories is kindle...but the original bb accesories are great
    02-09-12 01:42 PM
    Would be nice if they did, I bought a 15ft Micro HDMI cable from them for the playbook that works perfectly as well as one of their journal cases for the Samsung Tab, it's not 100% to fit but given the $4.50 cost it works really well, I'm not complaining and neither are the 2 other two Blackbook owners I picked it up for.
    02-09-12 03:30 PM
    At least they have micro-hdmi cables and playbook screen protectors :P. Got both for ~6 bucks.
    02-09-12 03:33 PM
    I've been waiting on the screen protectors to be stocked again, I see the matte just went back in stock but I've been waiting on the high transparency ones.
    02-09-12 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD