Dear, Monopoly Developer....plz drop Monopoly price for new member and old member....using playbook...=)
    bbfan1040 and teeuwen like this.
    01-14-12 07:49 AM
    EA Games doesn't listen to it's public. They never do. If they did, they'd stop buying great studios and killing great games. They'd also know that 10 bucks for a PB game is absurd. But since Monopoly has been at 10 bucks for 2 months now, they simply don't get it.
    01-14-12 10:14 AM
    just wanna say it dude.....maybe...next time we can get just $ 0.99 for promotion..if still $9.99 after OS2.0 release i thinks to prefer play on9 on playbook....ha ha.....
    01-14-12 10:33 AM
    haha
    Madden 12 is out for Android at .99$!!!

I wish EA dropped their prices. Yes buying apps are good to "support" the developers....but I feel company's should support consumers! not the other way around.
    Last edited by patpatiar; 01-14-12 at 10:52 AM. Reason: grammar/syntax
    01-14-12 10:52 AM
    i picked up the game of life, but am waiting on monopoly to hit the $5 dollar mark, you can buy the real game for $15, and i already do own it! can't justify $10 for the digital version.
    01-14-12 11:05 AM
    When monoploy was released it was $4.99 ... then they raised the prices after about a week.
    01-14-12 11:15 AM
    IT always seems to be more expensive to buy apps on appworld, monopoly bought through apples app store is 0.69, bought through android market it's 2.99 & bought through app world is 10.
    it's the same situation with dead space and angry birds, developers need to realise that a lot of the customers for their products use more than 1 platform, personally i feel that a game that costs me 69 pence for my ipod shouldn't cost me 10 for my playbook, i feel the developer is trying to rip me off
    01-14-12 11:24 AM
    Supply and demand... I don't think they are trying to rip people off.
    01-14-12 11:28 AM
    supply and demand is all fair and well but the balance has to be right or the demand will drop off.
    01-14-12 11:35 AM
    I dont see a balance with EA prices.
    01-14-12 11:55 AM
    Supply and demand... I don't think they are trying to rip people off.
    must be just us in the uk then
    01-14-12 12:05 PM
    I don't see 10$ for a game is expensive lol, here a PC or PS3 game would cost me 80$ lolz
    01-14-12 01:29 PM
    supply and demand is all fair and well but the balance has to be right or the demand will drop off.
    Demand is a secondary consideration in a normal market. At $0.99, the demand could be staggering but profit could be lower than EA would like. They will set the price at exactly the right level to maximize profits. If demand drops a bit as a result it is of no consequence.

This rule does not apply (yet) to niche apps like mine. If I raise prices at all, my profits fall precipitously. For me, the magic number is not "demand" or "price" but number of PB users. If the number of potential customers continues to rise (and I do like what I'm seeing right now) , I can hope to be in EA's position where I can raise my price a bit without worrying about how many people actually purchase my app.
    01-14-12 02:01 PM
    I felt bad about paying $5 for the Angry Birds app and I play that everyday-I would only play Monopoly once in a while and there is no way I can justify spending $10 on that.
    01-14-12 02:26 PM
    Make sure you are compairing apples to apples across platforms. For example Angry Birds HD for the ipad is priced similar to angry birds for the playbook, as it is HD. It is not correct to compair ipod apps and pricing to the HD version on the playbook. Take a look angry birds HD is 4.99 in the apple store: Angry Birds HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

The same goes for Monopoly HD, price is the same as the playbook HD (9.99):http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/monop...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Where the playbooks app seem to more is false, the apple store simply has two versions HD and standard. The app store only has the HD option as the playbook only is HD.
    Last edited by pinkert11; 01-14-12 at 02:31 PM.
    defiantpunk likes this.
    01-14-12 02:26 PM
    10 bucks for a tablet board game. no wonder people pirate these games all the time, not worth it.
    01-14-12 02:37 PM
    Im still kicking myself after not buying it when it was first released at the on sale price. A few weeks later I had a chance to download it via Amazons free app of the day. Great time waster but i'd love to play it on a 7" screen rather then 4". Oh well, maybe the next holiday they will have it on sale again as I can't afford to spend money on apps right now.
    01-14-12 02:50 PM
    Why isn't this thread in the Playbook Apps section?

At any rate, I too will not spend that much money on an App, but I did buy Machinarium @ $4.99 and love it!
    01-14-12 04:05 PM
    10 doallars is far better than the 500 kevin paid for his clock wallpaper for his white 9900!
    now thats spendy!
    01-14-12 04:48 PM
    You guys can get it for a lot cheaper by following the link in my sig
    Totally legit too.
    01-14-12 04:57 PM
    Sooooo, paying $ 9.99 for Monopoly HD is a no go, but paying $4.99 for Angry Birds is ok?

You guys... I bought Dead Space with no promotions and it was worth it. Just be sure your money is well spent (unlike some site foinder who bought an exclusive app in Vegas ).
    01-14-12 05:04 PM
    I paid $10 for it and I though it's pricey. The quality graphics and sound is great and all but I still don't think it's worth $10.

I think one of the reason why this app is expensive is because EA is paying license fees to Hasbro. Both companies gotta make profit somehow.
    01-14-12 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD