I used to be the only one with a PlayBook.

Now I know six people who own a PlayBook and they all love it! Even the die-hard Apple and Android fans love it and are pleasantly surprised by the OS. It's only going to get better with the onslaught of new apps/games and the upcoming OS2!

Do you feel the momentum building?
    peter9477 and shrinkbbuser like this.
    01-13-12 09:24 AM
    Yes, its definitely building! But it would be cool to get some hard numbers... like PBs sold during sale, international sales figures, number of popular apps sold (cut the birds or whatever), etc.....
    01-13-12 09:32 AM
    People are starting to realize the obvious, superior OS and portability.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-12 09:35 AM
    Same here, many friends who are average consumers have now purchased a playbook.
    I believe BlackBerry Bridge (especially new features in 2.0) will encourage those owners into purchasing BlackBerry smartphones as well.
    Last edited by soul2k; 01-13-12 at 09:47 AM. Reason: grammar
    01-13-12 09:37 AM
    Even the die-hard Apple and Android fans love it and are pleasantly surprised by the OS.
    Well I am not sure about how true that is.But if it is true then Google would be worried more than Apple since Android has a much larger smartphone base and hence more likely to see some dumping android for QNX phones.
    01-13-12 09:41 AM

Now I know six people who own a PlayBook and they all love it! Even the die-hard Apple and Android fans love it and are pleasantly surprised by the OS. It's only going to get better with the onslaught of new apps/games and the upcoming OS2!

I was the first in my workplace to get one during the boxing week blowout. 4 people educated about tech gadgets a.k.a. geeks checked mine out and all 4 bought within a week, 2 of whom are iPhone users
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 01-13-12 at 09:44 AM.
    01-13-12 09:42 AM
    Same here, I was the first at my workplace to get one, and since i bought mine in early December, another 3 co-workers that I know of also got one, and two of my close friends also got one.
    01-13-12 09:47 AM

I think the numbers were at 850,000 at the end of November, so I would think around a million would be safe to say...
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-13-12 09:48 AM
    Well I am not sure about how true that is.But if it is true then Google would be worried more than Apple since Android has a much larger smartphone base and hence more likely to see some dumping android for QNX phones.
    I had the impression when he said that he was talking about his own friends, not the world at large...
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    01-13-12 11:06 AM
    I had the impression when he said that he was talking about his own friends, not the world at large...
    You're absolutely correct. I did not conduct a large-scale worldwide survey.

I can, however, say that I don't know anyone (again, I'm talking about my friends) with an Android-based tablet.
    01-13-12 12:35 PM
    I don't think the PB will ever compete (or ever get close to competing) with the iPad because the Apple brand is so strong and the majority of people are stupid and lazy when it comes to making retail choices.

However in the UK the BB image is a bit of a mystery to me. Last summer the hoodies were coordinating riots using BB phones, & my 11 year old daughter and her mates all want BB phones (or cheapo clones) because of the QWERTY keyboard.
    01-13-12 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD