I've recently enjoyed seeing how users have modified existing accessories for their PBs. I have a few myself...

I have a DODOcase... it's awesome, but it's so snugly fitting that I had trouble removing the PB out of it... UNTIL I put a ribbon behind the playbook. Now it looks like a bookmark you get in nice books, and I can safely lift the playbook out by grasping each end of the ribbon.

Then, I needed to suspend my playbook to record tarot card readings. I saw the spidery clamp accessory that was available and thought I could do that cheaper. I picked up an adjustable lamp at home depot, and then some electrical wire, and then got some organizer shelf rubberized ends. I put the whole thing together and ended up with an adjustable PB suspension unit that works awesomely.

I would "love" to see what others have done... with pix please!!
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    02-04-12 12:49 PM
    one more pic... weird, the Tour I took the pix with named two pix with the same name so I couldn't upload them together...
    02-04-12 12:54 PM
    Both good ideas.
    Can I ask about the wire you used. Specifically the Guage.
    Looks to be 6-8 guage solid. The shelf ends make it look good.
    Thanks for sharing.
    modine likes this.
    02-04-12 01:24 PM
    About the gauge, I have no idea. I was in Home Depot and I had the guy spin the motorized wire thingy stopping him to test each gauge until I found something that would hold a shape well enough to support the weight of the PB - until I found the one that made me happy. Here in Canada it is a pink/fushia-wrapped wire. I do believe there are 2 copper wires inside. Sorry, no help with anything technical... I'm a girl... I just know what I want and get what I want
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-04-12 01:29 PM
    Pardon me, not just 2, there are 4 wires inside...
    02-04-12 01:36 PM
    I will go to home depot and have a look.
    I was thinking four of them secured in a wooden base would be cool as a stand. Stripping most of the casing off except the very end that comes in contact with the PB.
    02-04-12 01:41 PM
    That sounds great... how do you propose securing them in a wooden base? I can visualize what you propose... Sux that the only wire I found suitable was pink... I hope you find something suitable and preferably not pink
    02-04-12 01:47 PM
    I know there is thick solid copper wire around. Used for grounding wire among other things. To secure you could drill holes the right size for the wire extend through the base then split and secure. Having a full wood shop in the basement expands my options.
    I may give it a try sometime this coming week.

Or copper plumbing pipe for a base. Now I'm getting excited.
    modine likes this.
    02-04-12 02:09 PM
    My avatar is from an earlier, "emergency mod" that I needed to make...see it at this thread, PB McGuyver
    02-04-12 02:29 PM
    I made two speaker tables out of 1/2 inch copper pipe and joints. I've always liked the modern, copper look.

PB on a copper stand could be interesting. Do remember that copper will tarnish.
    02-04-12 03:24 PM
    I made two speaker tables out of 1/2 inch copper pipe and joints. I've always liked the modern, copper look.

PB on a copper stand could be interesting. Do remember that copper will tarnish.
    I like it.
    There is something appealing about tarnished copper although it my be better on gutters then rubbing off on the PB. My neighbor is a coppersmith and he does something to keep it from tarnishing. I have something he made for me years ago and it's still sparkling. I'll ask him.
    02-04-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD