Today I went to Joann Fabrics and bought a strip of elastic, to modify my case so it stays closed when not in use. I took the case and elastic strip to a boot repair man to have it installed. The reason I did this was because I got tired of the flap sitting halfway open. Take a look a the pics and tell me what you think.

BSFA2008, farskija and alekza like this.
    09-26-11 10:54 PM
    Thats pretty awesome, I might have to copy it! I have that same case and its a good case. I wish it had a sleep function on it like what my oem berry pouch have.
    09-26-11 10:59 PM
    Nicely done... I was thinking of attaching little magnets, but your solution seems.... cleaner.
    09-26-11 11:09 PM
    This is essentially like the strap that came on on my HP Slate 500 case. Holds very securely and looks good. Just wish the HP and PB had a 90 degree power cable adapter to allow you to power the tablet while in the case.

One mod I did to my OEM PB case was cut a little rectangle in the spine so i could plug in the power adapter while the case is closed. Sucks that it was right at the Blackberry embossed label, but I prefer function to looks in this case. Quick work with a razor knife and it looks fine. Little things like this should be thought out by thr OEM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 11:14 PM
    My cut didnt turn out so good. Im gonna take it to a professional to clean it up.
    09-26-11 11:29 PM
    looks really nice.. and it doesnt really add much bulk.. i was hesistant about this.. but after seeing yours.. i'm definitely going to copy your idea..
    loth and rleo25 like this.
    09-27-11 12:01 AM
    It works so well I was suprised that it didnt come like this in the first place.
    09-27-11 07:38 AM
    I like the acase I got. It has curved pieces at the top to hold it shut.
    09-27-11 08:40 AM
    I think it should of come like this but great job on the oem case looks like a pro now.

09-27-11 12:12 PM
    Too bad they don't have a magnetic version.

09-28-11 11:22 PM
    Today I was able to do a good mod on the case to put a charging hole. Had a sloppy one already but now its nice and durable. Again the solution was taking it to a boot repair shop. I highly recommend going forward with all mods you want to do, but take it to a pro, they are cheap anyways.
    10-01-11 06:32 PM
    Nicely done... I was thinking of attaching little magnets, but your solution seems.... cleaner.
    hehehe alekza... magnets as in the Ipad ? Not a bad idea... will try to figure it out...
    10-01-11 07:36 PM
    Here is the picture of the port hole I had put in for access while it is closed.

10-03-11 10:24 PM
    Done.. did the same as you did.. almost... THANKS A LOT!
    10-13-11 06:36 PM
    HERE's the DO IT YOURSELF VIDEO.. AUDIO SUX, IT WAS RAINING.. BUT I HOPE IT HELPS YOU!

NursingNinja likes this.
    10-13-11 07:44 PM
    Excellent, I like your fix better and will do that next time when my case wears out. How simple!!
    02-04-12 11:48 AM
    The stand cases from Targus has a loop like that and the case allows you to access the charging ports and all the other ports when closed. Gives good cushioning too.
    02-04-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD