0. Top of device is lock/power button, media controls (as seen on the Pearl 3G), then the blackberry menu which will pop up the menu or you hold down to switch to home/app switcher (is combined). there is no back button, but if you hit the blackberry button you should be able to hit te exit button easily, or the application will have a back button when needed.

1. top right of the top bar is the Cobalt's info, while to the left is the blackberry's status

2. centre left is the application switcher (sorry about the bad widgets, had a hard time finding ones that would work and ended up giving up). in reality the widget would be much smaller but include basic controls for the app (such as play/pause controls for Pandora or whatever), and tapping the title bar will switch to that app. so basically the home screen and the app switcher are combined

3. centre right is the today screen

4. to the bottom is the application menu as seen on Blackberry 6. you will be able to adjust the number of rows the same was as on Blackberry 6.

5. the ports to the right are: headphone jack, USB-to-go (reversible USB port - to connect to cameras or accessories such as keyboards), video out (we can dream, right), standard SD card slot.

And attatched is the Sketchup 3d file if you want to take a look.
    yeah I did't do the battery door latch or some other things, but I feel this is the most logical mockup.
    I may do a video walkthrough, but I haven't been feeling that great lately

thoughts?
    and before you start saying how bad of a job this is, it's my first real photoshop/3d project
    Last edited by grahamf; 06-09-10 at 10:39 PM.
    06-09-10 10:35 PM
    That looks cool grahamf. Nice job.
    06-09-10 11:42 PM
    is this supposed to be the BB tablet?
    06-10-10 01:22 AM
    Looks sweet. Nice job. I hope its nothing serious, and you start feeling better soon pal.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-10-10 01:45 AM
    Holy god why. lol.

I rather carry a 7in laptop and a phone in my pocket.

Although I want RIM to invent new things, this is not one of them. Let Apple create an over sized iPod, RIM does not need to follow.
    06-10-10 02:01 AM
    what i feel this to be most is essentially a true extension to the Blackberry.
    so If you recieve a large picture in your email you can more easily view it on the Cobalt's screen, and well not a whol lot comes to mind now.
    My mom uses a book about the size on the ipad for her daily to-do lists and everything, and she manages fione with the size. she doesn't bring it everywhere with her, but she always has it when she needs it.
    06-10-10 12:45 PM
    I think the design is pretty darn cool. I *really* like the UI you dreamed up. That is freakin awesome! Maybe someone can create a theme for the upcoming slider or storm models that emulates that.
    06-26-10 07:46 AM
    I think the design is pretty darn cool. I *really* like the UI you dreamed up. That is freakin awesome! Maybe someone can create a theme for the upcoming slider or storm models that emulates that.
    That'd actually be pretty awesome. have little widgets for most common apps built in and maybe plugins for additional ones.
    06-26-10 10:20 AM
    Give it 3-6 weeks, and someone is going to post these as leaked pictures of the rumored bb tablet.

Every 4-8 weeks, they will again be posted as leaked photos of a bb tablet.

I love this place.
    06-26-10 07:16 PM
    I think it looks pretty awesome, with a fe changes I would buy it and show it off lol. That's a good sketch up. What program did you use?

06-26-10 10:08 PM
    The idea of this keeps growing on me. I'm now hoping they release one soon.
    06-27-10 08:38 AM
    This is actually pretty cool. It'd have to be fast enough to replace a small laptop/non-windows netbook around the house though.
    06-27-10 02:09 PM
    I like it, Hopefully you dont want it to be as big as the evo because we still want phone size phones lol
    06-29-10 12:57 AM
    Ew. Why do we want a POS chevy cobalt as a wallpaper? riced out nonetheless? otherwise nice sketch
    06-29-10 02:10 AM
    Ew. Why do we want a POS chevy cobalt as a wallpaper? riced out nonetheless? otherwise nice sketch
    its not riced out its the SEMA concept from the cobalt was originally released.... And I assume it was only done to flow with the proposed name of the tablet....

06-29-10 07:25 AM
    Dang you beat me to it.

And yes. Cobalts come riced out, so that one is definitely more riced out. SEMA or not.
    06-29-10 08:46 AM
    well, I COULD put a Mazda MX-5 into there, but Cobalt != Miata

I like it, Hopefully you dont want it to be as big as the evo because we still want phone size phones lol

it's a Tablet so I imagine it being about the size of the iPad.

The one downfall to this device is I can't imagine a KB that would be comportable for use for a long time. A possibility though is if this came with a capacitive stylus so you could write shorthand.
    Last edited by grahamf; 06-29-10 at 11:08 AM.
    06-29-10 11:02 AM
    That looks interesting
    06-29-10 01:43 PM
    I'm thinking I should re-do the widgets from scratch to make them match the UI. thoughts?
    07-07-10 09:44 AM
    I'm thinking I should re-do the widgets from scratch to make them match the UI. thoughts?
    Just out of curiosity... why? Are you hoping to influence RIM?
    07-07-10 10:30 AM
    actually, yes. there's two or three times where a product came out where I'm absolutely POSITIVE I described before (and I have evidence for one - can't find it though ), so i feel it is very likely.

and also I want to give a more clear idea of the Way the Widgets Would Work
    07-07-10 11:57 PM
    actually, yes. there's two or three times where a product came out where I'm absolutely POSITIVE I described before (and I have evidence for one - can't find it though ), so i feel it is very likely.

and also I want to give a more clear idea of the Way the Widgets Would Work
    No ****! Well, blow me down......
    07-08-10 12:10 AM
    And I have no evidence and/or I may be remembering this wrong, but I THINK that when the S1 came out, I described using sensors like in a Thinkpad's point navigator thingy in each of the four corners, and the S2 was pretty much that.
    but again, don't quote me on that because I've searched and I can't remember where those posts were made, and it may have just been me hearing a rumour and forgetting about it.
    07-08-10 12:19 AM
    And I have no evidence and/or I may be remembering this wrong, but I THINK that when the S1 came out, I described using sensors like in a Thinkpad's point navigator thingy in each of the four corners, and the S2 was pretty much that.
    but again, don't quote me on that because I've searched and I can't remember where those posts were made, and it may have just been me hearing a rumour and forgetting about it.
    07-08-10 12:20 AM
    Maybe it was Deja Vu ?
    07-08-10 05:34 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD