Is the playbook supposed to support
    mkv/mp4/all avi files?

Mine will display the video but audio doesn't work for some files---is there a different media player i can download ?
    09-24-11 11:26 PM
    mkv container is not supported. avi container is supported but you have to make sure audio and video formats inside the container are also supported, one of the missing ones is ac3 for audio. As far as other media players, I don't know of any that plays mkv.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp..._(English).pdf

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 11:31 PM
    RIM and Dolby settled their lawsuit recently.. I expect we'll get see the Dolby codecs (ac3, dts, ...) supported sometime soon.
    nievz likes this.
    09-25-11 12:08 AM
    Other than my HD iTunes purchases, mkv is the only format I know/can get in HD. Will (any Tablet) it ever get supported?
    09-25-11 12:13 AM
    have you tried changing the file extension to .AVI? after all, the player will just seek into the file and check the a/v codec and play the video.
    09-25-11 12:35 AM
    Other than my HD iTunes purchases, mkv is the only format I know/can get in HD. Will (any Tablet) it ever get supported?
    mp4 and avi can also hold the h.264 hd codec. You can convert mkv to mp4 without touching the video codec inside as well (so video quality is unchanged), however most mkv use ac3 which is not supported so audio has to be converted to mp3 etc.

Other option is to use orb or subsonic (? something like that) which will transcode mkv on the fly so you can watch your media without converting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 12:46 AM
    RIM and Dolby settled their lawsuit recently.. I expect we'll get see the Dolby codecs (ac3, dts, ...) supported sometime soon.
    DTS is not a Dolby format - they are Dolby's direct competitors, and have been since the beginning of digital audio's life.

TRJB
    03-15-12 01:20 PM
    You don't need to download other video player, only need to Google search one video, it can help you convert MKV movies. Such as MKV to mp4 converter. It can convert MKV on you mp4 player.
    01-25-13 12:07 AM
    Is the playbook supposed to support
    mkv/mp4/all avi files?

Mine will display the video but audio doesn't work for some files---is there a different media player i can download ?
    you need to download 'kalemsoft media player'. It will play every single format.
    01-25-13 04:07 AM
    App called "Watchmore" works great. Costs $1.99 and well worth it.
    01-25-13 08:29 AM
    Another vote for Kalemsoft Video Player. Plays MKV files no problem, even the large files. I did have a problem with large MKV files while using QMPlayer. The large MKV files sputtered and stalled. Also, with KSVP, if you hit "boxed" button, it plays wide angle without stretching to frame edges. All in all, a great product - well worth the $.
    01-25-13 02:55 PM
    Hola chica
    11-17-13 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD