OK so I got a playbook which instantly upgraded to the latest OS when I switched it on. The first thing I noticed was that it was missing the much hyped video chat icon. I was not able to fully recover from the shock when I found out I also don't have the blackberry news and blackberry podcast apps on my playbook

So I'm just trying to voice out to all you good guys if you can help me get these apps (atleast bb news and bb podcast)

P. S. I have looked for them on appworld and for some reason can't find them over there.........

Please help
    03-16-12 11:49 AM
    Swipe from side to side on your home screen. It could be that those will be on page 2 of the Home Icon Screen.

03-16-12 11:58 AM
    It would help if we knew what country you're in. Some apps don't appear on PB's in certain countries.
    03-16-12 12:04 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion but ihave posted here after exhausting all means of finding them. They are not on playbook and I also can't see in appworld.
    Can I separate ota's for these apps from anywhere????
    03-16-12 12:05 PM
    It would help if we knew what country you're in. Some apps don't appear on PB's in certain countries.
    Alas that was the question I was trying to avoid, I am from middleast and yes apparantly these apps are not available in this region.

So is it possible to get them from another means????
    03-16-12 12:08 PM
    Alas that was the question I was trying to avoid, I am from middleast and yes apparantly these apps are not available in this region.

So is it possible to get them from another means????
    Fly to a part of the world where you don't have the restrictions of your region, download the apps you want and fly back home
    03-16-12 12:10 PM
    Or you could try using a proxy! Pretty sure it works? Go to your wifi tab, click saved networks from the drop down. Scroll down, you will see "use http proxy" unchecked. Check it, Google a US or Canadian proxy, type info in, and check for updates and cross your fingers!
    03-16-12 12:22 PM
    I don't know if faking using a proxy works from your region. There are threads on trying to use Proxy settings and someone posted a youtube on how to do it. Good luck (and don't get caught!)
    03-16-12 12:24 PM
    If you use a US proxy, you can get all the OS apps installed.

AppWorld may or may not be fooled thou.
    03-16-12 12:28 PM
    I couldn't fool App world:/ Oh and if you suddenly do have issues with Apple world after using the proxy. Just delete your network and re-added it. I had some issues when I had finished using the proxy and not being able to download apps. That fixed it.
    03-16-12 12:37 PM
    The proxy thingy helped quite a bit, as i was able to get the news app, but still cant find the podcast app.... plus the connection becomes very slow on proxy (i am using Hotspot shield)
    any ideas or suggestions?????
    03-16-12 04:26 PM
    If it helps ive used a Proxy a couple of times to get Apps from Elsewhere. most recently getting Uno and Nova2 for free by using a columbian Proxy. so it does work, and it does fool app world.

However... Videochat is non deletable. unlike News. so i think its unlikely to show up in app world for download.
    03-16-12 04:48 PM
    If it helps ive used a Proxy a couple of times to get Apps from Elsewhere. most recently getting Uno and Nova2 for free by using a columbian Proxy. so it does work, and it does fool app world.

However... Videochat is non deletable. unlike News. so i think its unlikely to show up in app world for download.
    Hi Tomcat,
    Can you share your proxy settings with me (pm me) also I was trying to look for a list of all apps which are only available in the US region, any ideas????

If apps like video chat can't be downloaded then what is the preferred way to get them???
    03-16-12 11:23 PM
    also I was trying to look for a list of all apps which are only available in the US region, any ideas????
    here you go

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com

for some reason rim blocked access to the site however google cached it so here is the list of default apps per country
    03-17-12 12:03 AM
    Hi Tomcat,
    Can you share your proxy settings with me (pm me) also I was trying to look for a list of all apps which are only available in the US region, any ideas????

If apps like video chat can't be downloaded then what is the preferred way to get them???
    While in Proxy, did you check to see if Options/SoftwareUpdate might fill in missing pieces? Otherwise you may have to try being on proxy while using the Debrick procedure so it thinks you are initially in the US. If that is possible????
    03-17-12 12:06 AM
    While in Proxy, did you check to see if Options/SoftwareUpdate might fill in missing pieces? Otherwise you may have to try being on proxy while using the Debrick procedure so it thinks you are initially in the US. If that is possible????
    No i didnt but i can surely give it a try, the only thing is while on proxy the internet becomes annoyingly slow... and thats why i was looking for a better proxy server.
    03-17-12 12:17 AM
    here you go

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com

for some reason rim blocked access to the site however google cached it so here is the list of default apps per country
    Nice sharing mate, great work.
    03-17-12 12:19 AM
    Im in US and news app is gone as well.
    savestheday611 likes this.
    10-05-12 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD