Hi All

I have spotted an oddity having owned my BBP 32GB something like 10 months.

I transfered various tutorial videos using the Desktop software and found that the built in videos folder app does not respect the sub folders so had to try and settle on a suitbable file/folder handling app and after trying a few settled on AIR Browser, that is the background to where I am now.

I finally got myself an HDMI cable so I could watch on room TV and the connection worked 'out of the box' so to speak ~ well pleased until I realised there was something wrong. I could not get the video to show just on the TV and use the BBP for other things, which I understood was a function?

So looked very hard to see why the missing tablet controls were not there and discovered that when using AIR Browser to find my chosen video ther player controls where all present & correct but the HDMI display 'switch' and the return to the root folder controls were not visible on the tablet screen but if I usd the BBP video app where all the videos are shown as thumbnails and selected one to play the video player opened fine with the normal play controls plus the HDMI switch and the return to the root.

As I say in both instances the player looked and worked as one would expect for playing, pausing etc of the video file but in the case(s) described above a couple of controls were mising depedning on what route I used to open the file. Now to me that makes no sense and surely needs a fix......................either the BBP should natively respect folder/sub folder structure or the opening of the video file player by any method should mean all the controls are present including the HDMI and return to root folder ones.

I hope all that makes sense and that you other guys can throw some light on this???

TIA
    12-23-12 09:37 AM
    Not sure if I fully understand what you are saying/asking, but I do know that when I use the hdmi....whatever is on the PlayBook screen is what is on the TV. It's simply a mirror and nothing else.
    12-23-12 05:02 PM
    It seems that you're on to something. If you want to view videos in showcase mode you have to launch the videos from within the Videos app.
    12-23-12 05:24 PM
    Hi both

You are both right but pacoman has spotted what I think I was trying to describe..............................in that the HDMI setting is indeed for "mirroring" but as I somewhat longwindedly was trying to explain is if you open the video file via the BBP video app there is on the BBP screen when you tap it to show the player controls what I now know is a control in the top right hand corner of the screen that switches the showcase mode on or off, this mode allows you to multitask as the video shows on the TV but the BBP allows you to do other things as far as I can tell not just scroll through the other available videos. But if I open a video using a file browser program like AIR Browser the showcase control is missing from the player controls.

I hope that makes more sense as to what I have found but also as regards the oddity it makes no sense at all to me that it is happening!!!!

PS So having identified such an oddity do RIM guys frequent this forum and learn what we users have found by way of bugs & issues and then go fix them in a soon to be released update ???
    Last edited by Routefinder; 12-23-12 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added more text
    12-23-12 06:19 PM
    I may have the term wrong but is that what Presentation Mode is all about - being able to show one thing through the hdmi-out while doing another - say, reading the narrative or taking some notes.
    12-23-12 06:35 PM
    yeah. Presentation mode is what I meant.
    12-23-12 07:48 PM
    Hi All

Looks like I may the only one who has seen this odd behaviour.....................would be nice to think RIM can sort this annoying 'bug' out in a soon'ish update
    12-28-12 05:41 PM