i actually think that print to go will be a pretty handy feature especially for the corporate world. as for myself for now the only usage i can see for it is when i have to print plane tickets/confirmation. but i see this as a feature that will become handy once u use it and figure out new ways to use it. at that point it could be an indispemsiblw feature.
    01-19-12 09:02 AM
    i actually think that print to go will be a pretty handy feature especially for the corporate world. as for myself for now the only usage i can see for it is when i have to print plane tickets/confirmation. but i see this as a feature that will become handy once u use it and figure out new ways to use it. at that point it could be an indispemsiblw feature.
    Plane tickets will be a no go

Most airports wont accept the PlayBook with a ticket on it, Phones, no problem, playbooks they look at you like you have 2 heads
    01-19-12 09:15 AM
    Plane tickets will be a no go

Most airports wont accept the PlayBook with a ticket on it, Phones, no problem, playbooks they look at you like you have 2 heads
    seriously??? thats kind of stupid because i've used my bb phone before and they had no problem with it. what difference would it be if i show them the playbook?
    01-19-12 09:32 AM
    seriously??? thats kind of stupid because i've used my bb phone before and they had no problem with it. what difference would it be if i show them the playbook?
    Their scanner wont take the playbook,
    NOW that said I was doing this back in April when the Playbook was brand new, maybe they have evolved, but Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary all wouldn't accept the PlayBook, but would accept my BlackBerry BESIDE my PlayBook
    01-19-12 09:34 AM
    So OP where should priority go? To the whiners who want netflix and skype, the ones who want more functionality, the ones who want business apps, the ones that want more games etc?
    01-19-12 09:51 AM
    Wow so bbm is what people want. I don't even use it. You can have mine.
    Dear Brother - I agree. I've never used it. I guess between bbm and Facebook I have NO friends!!!
    kbz1960 and lotuslanderz like this.
    01-19-12 11:01 AM
    It's all a matter of what's important to you I guess. I have family spread out all over the western US. We'd be lost without it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-19-12 05:15 PM
    And I could not see my Mom in Germany without Skype and such.
    01-19-12 05:27 PM
    A lot of the core features should have been there day one. Better late than never I guess. The co-CEO's have a history of doing what they "think" the end user wants and mixing up priority, they were like that back in the day when I had my old 8130, still are too this day. The only reason email and such were not on the PB day one besides poor timing is they wanted to sell phones.

Cripple the functionality of the Playbook to sell phones with Bridge to get what most consumers would expect to be a give-in when they buy a tablet, which blew up in their faces or they wouldn't be considering adding them natively. I wasn't worried about it when I got mine as my phone has all the features that they are releasing in 2.0. I dont know what else I would want in this tablet aside from some key apps in the store. It's already a media powerhouse, best browser I have had the chance to play with on a tab or phone (IMO as close as you can get to a desktop browser) seamless WiFi sync without proprietary software, allows me to read my ebooks and in a crunch I can tether it too my Focus if I needed too. Maybe I am easily amused but where it stands right now I am quite satisfied.
    01-19-12 05:33 PM
    with Print2Go
    ANYONE with Print2Go can print to my PlayBook via my BBID credentials which means my office admin can send me the iterary directly to my PlayBook from another country.
    the Steps involved are
    - Print using Print2Go
    -- Send using ANY Internet connection via BBID
    ...or, your office admin could email it to you as an attatchment.

So much for that. Again I say its much to do about nothing.
    01-19-12 07:28 PM
    ...or, your office admin could email it to you as an attatchment.

So much for that. Again I say its much to do about nothing.
    Office admin would have to do the Print to PDF steps then
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-19-12 07:42 PM
    So OP where should priority go? To the whiners who want netflix and skype, the ones who want more functionality, the ones who want business apps, the ones that want more games etc?
    It's quite simple, just the things that he (translation = we) want the PlayBook to do...

"If they pursued a path that I don't approve of, then they lacked focus and were wasting time doing what THEY want, since I know what I (we) want but they intentionally didn't give it to me (us). This couldn't be the majority's view, because it conflicts with mine..."

Yawn
    01-20-12 01:32 AM
    It's quite simple, just the things that he (translation = we) want the PlayBook to do...

"If they pursued a path that I don't approve of, then they lacked focus and were wasting time doing what THEY want, since I know what I (we) want but they intentionally didn't give it to me (us). This couldn't be the majority's view, because it conflicts with mine..."

Yawn
    lol I thought CES and 2.0 were quite clear on what most users wanted. Print to Go? icing on the cake for those that get use out of it. OP besides email and calendar what were you thinking of?
    01-20-12 01:54 AM
    Print To Go sounds nice as does Blackberry Remote. But what about core tablet functionality - Netflix, Kindle, PDF Reader (the current one is hopeless), Print to PDF (from Docs To Go), Skype? It is quite worrying that RIM seems out of touch and fiddling.
    Last edited by klinton; 01-20-12 at 06:11 AM.
    01-20-12 06:09 AM
    Print To Go will be a huge help for me as I am always printing financial statements and other important financial docs to PDF and storing them in my shared folder for SungarSync.

I do this, as clients are always calling or mailing me for copies. With Print To Go I could just print it to my PlayBook and have it nicely organised in the app for future requests.

Can't wait to start using the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-12 07:07 AM
    Better real apps like Netflix, Skype that the remote control function being hyped by RIM...
    01-20-12 07:33 AM
    Print to go is a great one for me too, as a preacher/teacher and someone who jots down notes a lot, looks like i'll be going paperless, the process time for converting to pdf and transferring to my pb will be cut down completely.

I think if people really want to complain about features or lack thereof, they should state exactly what they would like to see, looks like RIM seems to be listening to people these days. People complained about games, lack of native email and calendar and RIM responded by doing just that in OS2 and we've seen some popular games surface of recent.

I can imagine that developers developing apps and games for a whole new platform like QNX which has a relatively low distribution of users would consider their time and effort a big risk. People probably just imagine that writing these programs is as easy as writing a letter or something, anything new will always have teething problems, we ought to cut them some slack and let them know what we want. I'm not a fanboy of anything, i will use whatever works for me, and this PlayBook as it is now already works for me!
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-20-12 09:22 AM
    I am sure there is a market for the Go To Print feature. My hope is that the upgraded Docs to go suite I've heard about coming will include a radical new feature called "print" in a drop down menu, like it should. I can't imagine they would make this app and not have thought about the repercussions of not having a print feature, too. But I remain hopeful it will be included!

Later,
    Brian
    01-20-12 11:46 AM
    Print To Go sounds nice as does Blackberry Remote. But what about core tablet functionality - Netflix, Kindle, PDF Reader (the current one is hopeless), Print to PDF (from Docs To Go), Skype? It is quite worrying that RIM seems out of touch and fiddling.

I'm sorry but what makes Netflix, Kindle, Skype "Core tablet functions"?

They are great consumer functions but Netflix is only available in the US, Canada, and soon the UK, PlayBook is available in far more markets, Kindle is just a Brand, Kobo is similar so they already have eBook functonality, Skype is a Brand, they have Video Chat, a few different ones and even then what is the % of time spent using video chat vs the countless other things people use a tablet for.

RIM's Target and KEY market remains business/Enterprise, and This function, as well as others are just as useful, if not more so in terms of reasons to have a tablet, than those listed. I do agree with the Print to PDF, and the PDF reader needing drastic improvements from the Tablet, THOSE are core functions of a Business tablet
    cntrydncr223 and AggreX like this.
    01-20-12 02:47 PM
    If you ask most people what they want they will probably list features on iPads or Android tablets. I think RIM is really innovating my doing things that have value that others have not done.

This adds more differentiation vis-a-vis the iPad.
    01-20-12 06:14 PM
    I think although a little misguided and jaded RIM is starting to get things right when it comes to core functionality. Things like Netflix, Kindle and Skype are out of their hands really and are not CORE functionality. They are apps produced by people other than RIM. If people want these things on their PB they need to s**t or get off the pot and start talking to the companies that make them or invest in a tablet/phone that has them. If the customer base is not interested about these apps and not vocal about wanting them how much effort do you think they are going to put into producing the app?

The folks at RIM can talk till they are blue in the face with Netflix/Skype/Amazon blah blah blah about how they want the apps but they dont care if RIM wants it, they want to know if the install base wants it.
    01-20-12 06:31 PM
    To me, core functionality is usb 2 go, support for AC3, flac, fully working bluetooth, better browser - the one we have is not great and i get better results from simple browser, better pdf viewer, utilize the bezel for scrolling, better swipe vs click interpretation, text reflow, etc

i am sure everyone has their own list and print 2 go wasn,t on it for most if not all for sure, as nice as this may be...

This is stuff app developers are unlikely or can,t address. Hmmm, can,t, i, why couldn,t they fix that a while ago. Core functionality.
    01-20-12 11:11 PM
    ps some people including myself think some apps are core functionality, i understand windows is paying developers, so should blackberry. Add Skype and Netflix to my list. bb triumphs angry birds, well pay for skype and netflix. there really is only a matter of semantics when you think of core functionality.

i here sonos is working on an app... another core function for me... but this is a niche. skype and netflix are mainstream. how can i recommend the tablet without them and other core functionality?

ps add a better keyboard - although i think that is coming. and better copy paste... grabbing text is an exercise in futility many times. better stop, i am getting on a roll...
    01-20-12 11:19 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD