You know who you can blame for that. RIM!

They had a fire sale on PlayBooks. People like me snapped up what looked like a good deal on some great hardware. Now we want to use that hardware for stuff every el-cheap-o $99 tablet can do, but for some reason my overpowered PB can't.

We go to the only support forums we can find, and instead of being told when this will all be fixed, we catch from cultits who tell us we were wrong to want to these things in the first place, and that it's not "The BlackBerry Way".

This has been the most insanely defensive forum I've ever been on. You RIMjobs are the Scientologist's of Tech. You make Appleheads seem reasonable.

No! I am the almighty consumer. You don't give us what we want, and in 2 years max we will all be on something else while RIM gets eaten for what ever patent library they own.

That's reality.

Again, if you had done your research before putting out your hard earned money before hand you might not be so insanely mad at a web forum and company and you could have gotten a tablet that suited your needs better.
    Yes there are people here who don't want to help. But there are MANY here that will help (myself included) And if you'd ask a question like a grown up I'd be more than willing to try and help you if I can.
    But you come in here calling people names and slamming RIM and the users and you wonder why people get hostile? Its a RIM fan site. Maybe thats not you some people come here just to stir stuff up and I think thats why a lot of people are defensive. I usually ignore it but I dunno, I just had it today every thread I go into to read info has people just making fun of pb owners and starting flame wars.

Maybe you are really hurt because you didn't research the tablet before you bought it and have buyers remorse. I feel bad I do. I'd chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. But give some people here a chance and they'd be more than willing to help you. Theres some good people here.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 11:49 AM
    Right. Because impulse buying is what is killing RIM.
    I'm not sure how that comment is relevant.
    You can't possibly be upset with any anyone but yourself for an impulse buy that turned different then you hoped.
    04-03-12 11:57 AM

WHY come here just to trash RIM and make fun of blackberry fans

What do you get out of it? I'm very confused.

I know they're just trolling but this has to be co-ordinated or its a few people with multiple accounts.

I love this site but it's really starting to suck lately.
    Its simple they don't have a life and they are scared that we are going to come back strong

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Crackberry Forum App
    Last edited by DeonADB; 04-03-12 at 01:28 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 12:06 PM
    You can't possibly be upset with any anyone but yourself for an impulse buy that turned different then you hoped.
    Willard814 likes this.
    04-03-12 12:11 PM
    Rim deserves much of that criticism, I don't disagree. Never did. I just find it ridiculous that's its become some peoples missing on these boards to get this point across that they're unhappy with rim and how they've handled the playbook by bringing most threads to a screeching halt. How does that help anyone?
    04-03-12 08:12 PM
    EXCUSE ME
    This is my thread, and I'm just making sure that you all know that I'm completely on RIM's side. So if you think I'm one of these "RIM haters" then you're wrong. Read what the thread is called and my first post in this thread... I was saying how articles by some news channels or websites make it look like RIM is doing something dumb when they're actually not doing something dumb. I'm *on they're side* alright?
    04-03-12 08:18 PM
    EXCUSE ME
    This is my thread, and I'm just making sure that you all know that I'm completely on RIM's side. So if you think I'm one of these "RIM haters" then you're wrong. Read what the thread is called and my first post in this thread... I was saying how articles by some news channels or websites make it look like RIM is doing something dumb when they're actually not doing something dumb. I'm *on they're side* alright?
    If it came across that I took issue with your original thread and topic then I apologize. That wasn't what I was I was taking issue with.
    Last edited by SnoozerBold; 04-03-12 at 08:35 PM.
    04-03-12 08:32 PM
    I'm not sure how that comment is relevant.
    I think his point is that it should be safe to assume certain things. I don't research a toaster to see if it has a toast popper upper thingie, I thought they all did. If you go to the brand X toaster forum to find out how to get the toast out and everyone screams "JUST EAT IT IN THE TOASTER, FANBOI, WHY DIDN'T YOU RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT", it can be tough to accept.

Even if the forum regulars are JUST SO SICK of people asking about toast popper upping, like no one ever heard of tongs before!
    Ratteler likes this.
    04-03-12 08:40 PM
    I think his point is that it should be safe to assume certain things. I don't research a toaster to see if it has a toast popper upper thingie, I thought they all did. If you go to the brand X toaster forum to find out how to get the toast out and everyone screams "JUST EAT IT IN THE TOASTER, FANBOI, WHY DIDN'T YOU RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT", it can be tough to accept.

Even if the forum regulars are JUST SO SICK of people asking about toast popper upping, like no one ever heard of tongs before!
    Never assume anything.
    As long as we are comparing toasters to tablets:
    I bought an audi a few years ago. It was somewhat of an impulse buy. Had I searched a little harder I would have found there is a common problem with the engine that causes thousands in damages. In my case about 3000$. I assumed VAG could design an engine free of design flaws. I was wrong. Every other oil change I have to remove my fuel pump and replace a 50$ part. Does this bother me? Absolutely it does, but had I done my research I wouldn't be in this situation. Maybe I am just one to take responsibility for my own actions. No point in whining on their forums.
    04-04-12 08:50 AM
    My objection is to the mis-"information" that is being spread by enthusiastic users who refuse to face reality.
    What mis information have you seen spread by the enthusiastic users?
    04-04-12 08:57 AM
    Check this out. It's very misleading especially because it's been confirmed that RIM's plan is NOT to abandon its consumer market. This article makes it sound like their plan is to ditch the consumer market and return completely to its enterprise roots, which is (I'm pretty sure and HOPE) not true. That's like telling the kids in a school that they're being kicked out so that the teachers can learn instead.

Their plan isn't to abandon the consumer market, right??

Here's the article...

Does RIM's Enterprise Plan Herald More Shrinking? - NYTimes.com

i agree. rim should focus on making phones and outsource movie service to netflix, music service to sony etc.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    04-04-12 09:15 AM
    Never assume anything.
    As long as we are comparing toasters to tablets:
    I bought an audi a few years ago. It was somewhat of an impulse buy. Had I searched a little harder I would have found there is a common problem with the engine that causes thousands in damages. In my case about 3000$. I assumed VAG could design an engine free of design flaws. I was wrong. Every other oil change I have to remove my fuel pump and replace a 50$ part. Does this bother me? Absolutely it does, but had I done my research I wouldn't be in this situation. Maybe I am just one to take responsibility for my own actions. No point in whining on their forums.
    I guess there are subtle differences between making assumptions and having certain expectations.

The Audi example is good, but this is the reason that people were generally avoiding Audi or VW. The perception is their cars are generally less reliable than other german brands. First time buyers would have doubts about these general perceptions, so people still buy them. One of my colleague would never go near VW dealer after having owned V6 Jetta for 5 years. Another one of my colleague recently purchased Q5 fully loaded, and the engine overheated and stopped within 6 months due to water pump failure.

However, these are reliability issues that is difficult to research before hand.
    04-04-12 09:25 AM
    If you can afford to impulse buy a car, you can afford the lawyer to sue them for damages too.

I don't care about RIM at all. I have no emotion in this what so ever.
    To their credit, I haven't found an Android tablet that will replace my PB yet. The ASUS Me370T looked like a real contender till it was aborted by Asus. Although rumor mill has simular device with Google branding coming in July.

What I only object to is being told I'm wrong for wanting functionality that a $99 tablet can do.

I can deal with "we're working on it", but instead I get hate mail because I dared to peek behind the curtain of the great and mighty Oz at RIM.

You fanbois are doing RIM no favors by defending their mistakes.

Accepting criticism is a sign of maturity.

I got a really good deal. If RIM gets their head screwed on straight, stops trying to make the PB an expensive accessory to their phones, and encourages developers who matter... They could have a solid product.

No amount of fandom is going to make Kobo better than a Kindle app, or give me Amazon access to my cloud services, or let me access Skype.

My kindle came with crappy BING maps. So RIM obviously has some deal with M$. Sweeten is to get PB version of Skype.

It's common sense.
    04-09-12 11:56 AM
    I'm glad I missed this ******** thread.

Why on earth does the pathetic consumer NOTHING think that their terrible opinion matters? Honestly guys, bring it back to basics here. I'm going to question the credibility of some goons "opinion" because it's not even remotely factual. It never is. It's one thing to be misinformed but it's another to yammer on with NON-factual drivel and pretend that you're correct, informed, and a remotely reputable source.

I get that I brought this garbage thread to the top but my oh my, keep your sh*t opinion to yourself because it's worth absolutely NOTHING in the grand scheme of things - as much as it may "make sense" in your head.
    Last edited by joski; 04-09-12 at 01:41 PM.
    04-09-12 01:38 PM
    I'm glad I missed this ******** thread.

Why on earth does the pathetic consumer NOTHING think that their terrible opinion matters?
    I know! Right? Consumers with opinions? That's as crazy as the Democracy thing they keep yelling about.

Have you convinced your rich daddy to buy you a second porche 9900 so your caddy can look cool at the golf course too?

Elitist scum. I could take bullet to the brain today and die, and you could live to be 1000, and I would STILL always know more than you.
    Last edited by Ratteler; 04-10-12 at 07:15 AM.
    04-10-12 07:07 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD