A minute passed. Then another. Then, another minute. Then... another minute passed. Then another minute passed. And another. A further minute passed quickly, followed by another minute, when suddenly, a different minute passed, followed by another different minute. And another. And yet another further different minute. A minute passed. I glanced at my watch. It was a minute past. This was it. A minute passed. After a moment, another minute passed. I waited a minute while a minute passed quickly past. And then, a minute which seemed to last an hour but was only a minute... passed.
    07-29-12 11:45 AM
    I laughed. I cried. I checked my watch.
    rupam95, andyJH and louzer like this.
    07-29-12 12:16 PM
    I got over my checking obsession. There are obvious days it wasn't coming out, like today. I also know that the PB will show me an Update Notification. But mainly, I know that CB will explode with activity when it does come out.

I will do an occasional check late on Monday nights sometimes, JIC...
    jafobabe, louzer, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    07-29-12 12:24 PM
    I check appworld on my 9930, looking for the bridge update. Bridge is updated before the PB. I will be checking for the bridge update tomorrow, since the 4G Playbook is rumored to be released 7/31.
    07-29-12 12:34 PM
    The check for updates button needs a lockout feature. Say 4 times in one hour and the button gets greyed out and the text changes to P**S OFF SEEK HELP
    FF22, snarlybear and jafobabe like this.
    07-29-12 12:41 PM
    A minute passed and I checked the update, a month had passed. And I checked the updated, a year has passed and I bought a nexus 7.
    FF22 and rcm1301 like this.
    07-29-12 01:19 PM
    Its not releasing on the 31st (PB 4G). But it should be releasing "soon". In around next few weeks.

--- That's what I got from several of my RIM contacts last week. The date was a leaked draft document from a carrier preparing for 4G using a bestguess date (I've assumed this part).

The update should come before the 4G Playbooks though (pending a few things) but they are not mutually exclusive to eachother from what I have been told. So if 4G is delayed or viseversa they should not impact eachother.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    07-29-12 01:33 PM
    A minute passed and I checked the update, a month had passed. And I checked the updated, a year has passed and I bought a nexus 7.
    Good luck with that. We may be waiting for updates but at least we will get them
    eventually
    07-29-12 01:37 PM
    I even heard a story about someone who pressed the 'update button' so much, that the screen got cracked :P

OS update; checkout BB10 Beta @ Crackberry Tablet OS forum part
    07-29-12 02:06 PM
    I got over my checking obsession. There are obvious days it wasn't coming out, like today. I also know that the PB will show me an Update Notification. But mainly, I know that CB will explode with activity when it does come out.

I will do an occasional check late on Monday nights sometimes, JIC...
    THIS!

(10 characters)
    07-29-12 03:49 PM
    THIS!

(10 characters)
    Me too. I count on Crackberry Forums for my update news. THAT I check several times a day. It is so hard to wait, so I read!
    07-29-12 03:54 PM
    I don't check any more. I just log in here and figure when it finally happens, there will be more than one thread started about it. No need in wearing my fingertips out over it.
    07-29-12 04:40 PM
    is this a Photoshop image or really rim did that?
    07-29-12 04:48 PM
    is this a Photoshop image or really rim did that?
    Majestic Lion and cylaer like this.
    07-29-12 04:54 PM
    If we dedicated software Update checkers don't do our job how will crackberry know there is an update? I have installed a "Do not touch the update button" warning on the update button.....still no update.
    07-29-12 05:23 PM
    This is the developer beta - the official version has not been released yet
    07-30-12 12:44 AM
    Jeez guys, what is it we're waiting for again?
    07-30-12 10:24 AM
    Jeez guys, what is it we're waiting for again?
    By now I'm waiting for 2.2!
    sputneek likes this.
    07-30-12 11:21 AM
    Ok so the OP posted this on Sunday... when RIM NEVER does updates on a Sunday, and we are still waiting for the BlackBerry Bridge to update which we know is coming, and the Bridge Update ALWAYS comes before the PB update so that we have the new features like this one will have SMS.

So chill on the PB update button, you will get the Bridge update first
    07-30-12 02:34 PM
    Ok so the OP posted this on Sunday... when RIM NEVER does updates on a Sunday, and we are still waiting for the BlackBerry Bridge to update which we know is coming, and the Bridge Update ALWAYS comes before the PB update so that we have the new features like this one will have SMS.

So chill on the PB update button, you will get the Bridge update first
    Thats right, but I still love the find just epic that they've added that feature :lol:
    07-30-12 02:37 PM
    This post made me check for updates.
    07-30-12 03:03 PM
    This post made me check for updates.
    And .......................................
    07-30-12 03:25 PM
    I just got off the phone with tech support and I was told by 2 different agents that the 2.1 update will be available tomorrow.

It better be true as the update is the only solution they gave me to resolve my problem. I just want to complete a backup without crashing mid-way. Getting an update is an added bonus
    07-30-12 03:40 PM
    I lol'd mostly because i actually read the post
    07-30-12 10:56 PM
    Love the Python reference OP.
    07-30-12 11:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD