08-04-12 06:54 PM
134 ... 3456
tools
    Hi guys. So we all downloaded 319mb of stuff. Nobody knows what's in it and RIM doesn't think that we need to know.

Do y,all feel a little bit p,d off?
    No why would I be? I might be if the update killed it.
    hpjrt and jafobabe like this.
    08-02-12 08:01 PM
    Wow, my update was 469MB. Wonder why, I'm in the USA.
    08-02-12 08:22 PM
    Hi guys. So we all downloaded 319mb of stuff. Nobody knows what's in it and RIM doesn't think that we need to know.

Do y,all feel a little bit p,d off?
    I'm not sure what's in it, but it fixed the music player playlist bug that 2.0 introduced and fixed whatever was in the version of Runtime that came out with 2.0.1 and rendered the NY Times Android app suddenly inoperable.
    08-02-12 08:24 PM
    amazing what 3 little mb's can do. All the beta bugs seem to be gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    Except the one where Kobo Books can't change the font size
    08-02-12 08:28 PM
    Outlook.com email can now be added to native email app, didn't work before update.
    It worked for me.
    jononku likes this.
    08-02-12 08:48 PM
    Does it fix the USB connection? OTG USB?
    Can we now access external memory devices using the USB port?
    Last edited by bnrnortel; 08-02-12 at 09:42 PM.
    08-02-12 09:16 PM
    Well, it did managed to break the browser on my tablet. Most sites now just wont load. The progress bar is loaded up to about a third and that's it. That includes sites like google, amazon or bing. Funnily enough, the rest of the apps seem to get access to the net. The messages app is working, so are app world and the facebook app. Even more funny, I can actually access facebook on the browser and it will work perfectly but most of the other sites won't.
    08-02-12 09:44 PM
    Still can't log into capitalone.ca. I could with the original 2.0 update but haven't been able to since. Would be nice to be able to when travelling.
    08-02-12 10:10 PM
    For all browser issuers, clean cache and cookies then reboot.
    08-02-12 10:36 PM
    Great update. playbook feels faster overall. browser is ultra fast

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-12 10:53 PM
    Yea sure they don't

Try tmz.com, checkers all over the place, and if you say no checkers i'll know you're lying or don't have flash or java enabled ornot trying hard enough to make them appear. I've had mine since day 1, they have always been present.
    You're right I should try harder to find faults. That's fun.

I just went to tmz for the first and last time. I see the checker boarding when scrolling fast. None of the sites I visit, including this one, have that issue.
    08-02-12 11:03 PM
    About storage:

I seem to have misplaced 2.2GB of storage. Have any of you guys seen it? They where there last night before the update...

EDIT: tmz? Really? You deserve all the checkerboards you're getting...
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-02-12 at 11:13 PM.
    masqueofhastur and Willard814 like this.
    08-02-12 11:08 PM
    After trying many times finally playbook was able to connect to the update server. A minor update to 2.01.668 and with a size 319mb? That's a huge minor update!
    The update was a full operating system payload, rather than a differential patch, pushed to the tablet. This was something we were promised would not happen because we were only supposed to receive differential patches. Oh well, at least we got something after waiting and enduring much abuse. I doubt 2.1.x will be released before 2013 unless they decide to give us a Christmas gift in December.
    08-02-12 11:16 PM
    For all browser issuers, clean cache and cookies then reboot.
    Tried that twice, to no avail Funny thing is that I found somebody reporting similar problems on a blog and saying that it fixed "by itself" after a few days, which is weird, because other than divine intervention the only thing that could have changed after a few days would be the cache/cookies expiring.

I should add that after the reboot the browser seemed to be back to normal but it quickly regained its bad behavior after visiting two or three pages.
    08-03-12 01:35 AM
    Great update. playbook feels faster overall. browser is ultra fast

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    hmm for me everything seems faster overall but I wouldn't call the browser ultra fast. for me it's about the same...
    08-03-12 01:50 AM
    Wow, I just looked and realized that there are only 4 wifi bars, not 5... What else don't I know..
    08-03-12 02:08 AM
    Things feel faster in general; the AIR based apps seem to be using less RAM and are working better. Pretty good for a maintenance update. Really looking forward to 2.1...
    08-03-12 02:43 AM
    Hw big is d update ? Its showing 465MB.. I had 2.0.1.358..
    08-03-12 02:53 AM
    i played around with my apps after the latest update...can't really see any changes.

about the same speed loading browser pages, same formatting, same memory usage.

the few android apps i do use loaded with no problems, perhaps even a bit faster than before. No hang ups that occasionally required force closing. So perhaps, android player was patched up...

the small difference I did notice - after closing an app (including the android ones) my PB's RAM memory gets released quicker and more completely.

that is, if i started after a fresh reboot with 580 MB free memory and proceeded to play with various apps, free memory prior to the update would sink to 450 or so even if i closed those apps..., now it seems memory does not 'stick' and gets released when an app is closed.

Did anyone notice the same or am i just imagining ?
    08-03-12 03:20 AM
    Anyone have the list of what .668 update was all about? Updated already, but didnt noticed anything. Gmail mail setup is still crap. Sigh!!
    bbobruns likes this.
    08-03-12 03:28 AM
    I managed to find a place on CrackBerry.com where my PlayBook checkers. It should be noted aswell that I ran this experiment from my home Bell wi-fi, which is disgustingly slow. This checkering occurred from reading one of teh main page articles that had a long list of comments. One of the big differences between the comments and the forum proper, is that the forum gets separated into pages, whereas the comments just keep on piling up on the same page, and the page, just like Leon, simply gets larger.
    08-03-12 07:45 AM
    Since the 3 mb upgrade, the swipes on the screen don't seem to work as well. Takes numerous swipe ups to change programs.

The email body jiggles like jelly when I try to press the delete icon. And it take numerous attempts to delete the email.

Programs open on their own without touching the screen. A video started to play last night after I had gone to sleep. This morning, as I type, the file manager wants to consistently open and I'm not touching the screen. You can watch the icon go light in colour and the program open.

It is like the screen is non responsive.

Have rebooted the tablet several times.
    08-03-12 08:37 AM
    Since the 3 mb upgrade, the swipes on the screen don't seem to work as well. Takes numerous swipe ups to change programs.

The email body jiggles like jelly when I try to press the delete icon. And it take numerous attempts to delete the email.

Programs open on their own without touching the screen. A video started to play last night after I had gone to sleep. This morning, as I type, the file manager wants to consistently open and I'm not touching the screen. You can watch the icon go light in colour and the program open.

Creeps-ville. Wait, isn't this how the The Ring 3 starts?
    08-03-12 08:43 AM

Weird. I would backup and wipe and try again.
    08-03-12 08:53 AM
    Weird. I would backup and wipe and try again.
    Doing a shut down and let it sit and recharge. I'll power up later and see what happens.
    08-03-12 10:51 AM
134 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD