08-04-12 06:54 PM
134 ... 23456
tools
    For me they don't. I haven't tried facebook though. I assume those that mentioned it are talking about the full FB site in the browser.
    Yea sure they don't

Try tmz.com, checkers all over the place, and if you say no checkers i'll know you're lying or don't have flash or java enabled or not trying hard enough to make them appear. I've had mine since day 1, they have always been present.
    08-02-12 04:47 PM
    Are there any "bugs" fixed or system improvement on this "minor" update?

Or it just only to "calm down" those who are desperately waiting for OS2.1...

I noticed in contacts that if it is a work contact it tells you that, not sure if that was there before or not?
    08-02-12 04:47 PM
    Here a screen shot from my PB. Also the Page is loaded.

08-02-12 04:49 PM

Click to view quoted image
    I thought to myself dam that checkerboard is taking forever to clear when I scrolled down the page past the header of your post, lul.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-02-12 04:55 PM

Lets be clear Rosebud I totally beleive you I just can't recreate the checkerboards on my device. Maybe it has something to do with the browser setting.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-02-12 05:16 PM

Oh snizzap! After all the hot debate, proof!! No blue line, fully loaded, nothin' but checkaaaaaazz! I've never had em that bad before. I think someone owes someone a big apology. HUGE. Do it.
    08-02-12 05:23 PM
    I'm new to the Playbook but I wanted to ask if I upgrade the OS will I loose the ability to sideload android apps? Also I wanted to ask if I upgrade to OS 2.1 can you sideload Android apps?
    08-02-12 05:30 PM
    Oh snizzap! After all the hot debate, proof!! No blue line, fully loaded, nothin' but checkaaaaaazz! I've never had em that bad before. I think someone owes someone a big apology. HUGE. Do it.
    Why would I owe her an apology? I never called her a liar. I also state that, and I quote "I totally beleive you I just can't recreate the checkerboards on my device." If anything you owe me an apology dude!
    08-02-12 05:38 PM
    I'm new to the Playbook but I wanted to ask if I upgrade the OS will I loose the ability to sideload android apps? Also I wanted to ask if I upgrade to OS 2.1 can you sideload Android apps?
    No you will not lose the ability the sideload! Have fun!
    08-02-12 05:39 PM
    Lets be clear Rosebud I totally beleive you I just can't recreate the checkerboards on my device. Maybe it has something to do with the browser setting.
    Only happen when you scroll fast. If you go slow then I don't get it & I have notice that since the new update its not as bad as it use to be..I'll check my browser settings....
    Willard814 likes this.
    08-02-12 05:41 PM
    No Browser problems here, its dependent on how fast your data connection is and when mine is ok the Browser works find.

The only thing that bugs me is that there are a few apps I need to use that work through the Android player, which is as unstable as ... freezes, crashes... I guess its worth having just in case you really need an app that blackberry don't do but it would be fantastic if I could just never use Android app as its far from secure.
    08-02-12 05:43 PM
    Why would I owe her an apology? I never called her a liar. I also state that, and I quote "I totally beleive you I just can't recreate the checkerboards on my device." If anything you owe me an apology dude!
    No there no need for any apology, Willard and I have no issues, just a discussion thats all.

Oh & just for the record I'm a dude not a gal...
    Willard814 likes this.
    08-02-12 05:46 PM
    I thought you were a sled.
    08-02-12 05:58 PM
    I'm sorry. I don't know why, but I am. And I'm sorry the girl you were trying to convince wasn't seeing checkers on her own PlayBook is a guy. And I'm glad sideloading hasn't been affected.
    08-02-12 06:01 PM
    It appears to be mostly PIM and communication updates, email, calendar etc.... mine was 319Mb.
    Mine is the same.
    Version 2.0.668, Size 319MB
    wondering why there are differences in size?
    loth and Slepejs like this.
    08-02-12 06:05 PM
    Yea sure they don't

Try tmz.com, checkers all over the place, and if you say no checkers i'll know you're lying or don't have flash or java enabled or not trying hard enough to make them appear. I've had mine since day 1, they have always been present.
    Ick, after viewing that site's 'content' I think I prefer the checkerboard.

That, and they have about a billion ads, pop-ups and the page is a single super long scroller, but hey, can't have any wait times now
    08-02-12 06:27 PM
    I'm sorry. I don't know why, but I am. And I'm sorry the girl you were trying to convince wasn't seeing checkers on her own PlayBook is a guy. And I'm glad sideloading hasn't been affected.
    lmao I'm sorry that you are sorry for being sorry! lmao
    08-02-12 06:33 PM
    I thought you were a sled.
    Finally!! LMAO. Well done!!!
    08-02-12 06:37 PM
    Hi guys. So we all downloaded 319mb of stuff. Nobody knows what's in it and RIM doesn't think that we need to know.

Do y,all feel a little bit p,d off?
    08-02-12 07:10 PM
    I downloaded it as well, nothing much in newness, could this be a trial release for the real thing? They haven't released much of anything in a while they might just want to test their infrastructure.
    08-02-12 07:14 PM
    I did clear my cache and alot of the checkerboarding went away.
    08-02-12 07:20 PM
    Not personally a lemming when it comes to updates, so waiting for a features listing and subsequent rebut' !
    08-02-12 07:26 PM
    amazing what 3 little mb's can do. All the beta bugs seem to be gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    08-02-12 07:36 PM
    Ick, after viewing that site's 'content' I think I prefer the checkerboard.

That, and they have about a billion ads, pop-ups and the page is a single super long scroller, but hey, can't have any wait times now
    I never said it was any good!!!!!!!
    08-02-12 07:39 PM
    Hi guys. So we all downloaded 319mb of stuff. Nobody knows what's in it and RIM doesn't think that we need to know.

Do y,all feel a little bit p,d off?
    I'm not p'od about this particular update; rather, I am annoyed that developers continue to push through updates without telling us what, specifically, has been changed, adjusted, filed, indexed, punched, labelled, categorized, adjusted, tweeked, omitted, deleted, and revised.

I don't know what the big secret is and I don't appreciate having stuff done to my devices behind my back.
    JayR2010 likes this.
    08-02-12 07:40 PM
134 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD