The checkerboard happened when scrolling either up or down after the page is loaded.
    This has been an knew issue after OS 2.0 update.
    Funny I don't see checkerboards here and the page is fully loaded! Here is proof:
    08-02-12 12:18 PM
    The checkerboard happened when scrolling either up or down after the page is loaded.
    This has been an knew issue after OS 2.0 update.
    Not known to me. That would explain why I didn't understand what people where talking about. Sorry you're having troubles but I don't see any checkerboard after pages load.
    08-02-12 12:32 PM
    I definitely see checkerboards on certain more information heavy sites when scrolling up and down on them too quickly even after the page is loaded. Facebook for example, pulls posts up in kind of a new floating window, and when I scroll it up or down, even the static background goes partially checkered again.
    08-02-12 12:41 PM
    Here's an example. After having scrolled down the posts in the foreground really far, I then quickly scrolled back to the top. The background doesn't move, but still gets reloaded as the foreground does.
    jonty12 and RoseBud68 like this.
    08-02-12 12:46 PM
    So.... anyone know what have been change in 2.0.1.688 ?
    08-02-12 12:50 PM
    Here's an example. After having scrolled down the posts in the foreground really far, I then quickly scrolled back to the top. The background doesn't move, but still gets reloaded as the foreground does.
    Clearly the page isn't finish load and with FB there is a constant perpetual loading of contect like ads, comments and such. Try that with a normal website and I'll bet the farm there are no checkerboards. I have already post a picture above as proof.
    08-02-12 01:13 PM
    So.... anyone know what have been change in 2.0.1.688 ?
    Maintenence releases are not supposed to change or add anything... This is just a bunch of patches and fixes as far as we can tell.
    08-02-12 01:15 PM
    No checkerboarding here after page has FULLY loaded. Maybe I just have a GREAT BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
    Last edited by spencerdl; 08-02-12 at 01:30 PM.
    08-02-12 01:18 PM
    My experience with checker boarding has been if you attempt to scroll down the page before the blue line at the top has moved all the way to the right, you get checker boarding. This has been consistently true since the beginning and I have had the PB since it first came out. Since the blue line indicates what % of the page has loaded you just have to be patient. Some pages have a lot more content than others.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-02-12 01:21 PM
    Yeah I never have any checkerboard after the Page is loaded...maybe your just special
    08-02-12 01:23 PM
    Caldav access through Accounts into a OS X Lion server still does not work...
    08-02-12 01:24 PM
    Just to be clear, there is no checkerboard when loading the page, it when you page or scrolling up or down that it happens. @kidcaboose picture shows the checkerborad issue & as you can well see the page is fully loaded as there is no Blue line.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 08-02-12 at 01:51 PM.
    08-02-12 01:49 PM
    Clearly the page isn't finish load and with FB there is a constant perpetual loading of contect like ads, comments and such. Try that with a normal website and I'll bet the farm there are no checkerboards. I have already post a picture above as proof.
    @Willard look at kidcaboose picture again. The page is clearly loaded there is no Blue bar that show when a page is loading.
    08-02-12 01:51 PM
    Are my eyes playing tricks, or have the icons for folders changed slightly in .668?
    08-02-12 01:52 PM
    @Willard look at kidcaboose picture again. The page is clearly loaded there is no Blue bar that show when a page is loading.
    Facebook actually never really finishes loading because the content like ads and such are consantly changing. I should know I am a avid FB user. Other than that this is a non-issue.
    08-02-12 01:57 PM
    313mb here in Portugal...

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    stesyl likes this.
    08-02-12 02:05 PM
    I'm not disagreeing with you, and what you're saying makes sense. I don't remember getting checkering on the Crackberry forums, and I scroll like a viking through them. You're picture, mind you, looks simply like proof of what happens once you've reached the end of a page, and then tried to make it scroll further where there's nothing to load. And you should be careful when doing that. If someone smacks you on the back, your screen will lock.

I'm imagining aswell that this checkering issue may get worse. I'm definitely noticing more and more sites with rotating ads, or pages that are constantly in a state of updating info. It's interesting that there are people who have never seen the checkering though, maybe it has something to do with the quality of the internet connection.

PS. Sometimes I try to see how far i can pull the page up by using two or three fingers. Then I look around to see if anyone is watching me.

PPS. Then I wonder what would have happened if I'd succeeded. Would it have torn the page, or yanked parts of my PlayBook through the screen.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 08-02-12 at 03:07 PM.
    08-02-12 02:59 PM
    Facebook actually never really finishes loading because the content like ads and such are consantly changing. I should know I am a avid FB user. Other than that this is a non-issue.
    Regardless, the issue is there & has been since OS 2.0 this is nothing new with many thread about it. I don't use facebook but i'm on this forum & I always get the checkerboard when scrolling.
    08-02-12 03:06 PM
    Regardless, the issue is there & has been since OS 2.0 this is nothing new with many thread about it. I don't use facebook but i'm on this forum & I always get the checkerboard when scrolling.
    I'm on CB with my PB and I still can't recreate the issue. I can see it happening on FB but definitely not here on CB. Here is more proof:
    08-02-12 03:20 PM
    Are there any "bugs" fixed or system improvement on this "minor" update?

Or it just only to "calm down" those who are desperately waiting for OS2.1...
    08-02-12 03:26 PM
    I'm on CB with my PB and I still can't recreate the issue. I can see it happening on FB but definitely not here on CB. Here is more proof:
    How are any of your pictures proof of anything????????? Checker boarding happens, it's a known fact. Heavy pages will checker even after loading.
    08-02-12 03:27 PM
    Checker boarding happens, it's a known fact. Heavy pages will checker even after loading.
    For me they don't. I haven't tried facebook though. I assume those that mentioned it are talking about the full FB site in the browser.
    Willard814 likes this.
    08-02-12 03:31 PM
    How are any of your pictures proof of anything????????? Checker boarding happens, it's a known fact. Heavy pages will checker even after loading.
    If that is the case then the page isn't really loaded then! Wow!
    08-02-12 03:33 PM
    Are there any "bugs" fixed or system improvement on this "minor" update?...
    I removed and reinstalled an outlook exchange native email account. It loaded the last 30 days messages and they all were read as they should have been (not unread). I don't recall that previously being fixed, but not sure.
    08-02-12 03:42 PM
    My pb checkerboards as well. I see it when I scroll down a web page quickly. I think we can all agree the playbook is great but the browser is not
    Willard814 likes this.
    08-02-12 03:44 PM
134 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD