Hi all!

I was wondering the other day...

The minikeyboard connects to the Playbook by a Bluetooth connection so then...

We can get a "Bridge connection" with our Blackberry Smartphone meanwhile using the keyboard with the PB?

If i'm not wrong, just one bluetooth connection is allowed at once.

Can anyone say something about it?

Thanks!

Cheers from Barcelona
    03-15-12 06:10 AM
    I'm not sure how many bluetooth connections are allowed on the PlayBook at once, but I know it at least two, because I've had my phone and speaker connected at the same time on several occasions
    coverk likes this.
    03-15-12 06:18 AM
    The rim demo video showed the user using both the keyboard and a bbphone. Now I don't know if there was something that turned off one connection and enabled the other immediately or if they both JUST WORKED without any changes in connection????
    03-15-12 09:42 AM
    I have Bluetooth connection to my PB with my PC at the same time as PB has Bridge Connection to my BB Curve, so no issues. the only question is "how does the Software on PB OS 2.0 manage the multiple connections for sync and load balancing for calls and replies??"

Does the Bridge connection receive a "priority" status for it's Bluetooth connection or does some other Bluetooth connection?

Can the User set the configuration of "priority" with PB settings somehow?

Inquiring minds want to know....
    03-15-12 10:12 AM
    OK!

Thanks for all your answers. I've never had 2 devices connected at the same time on the PB.

Michael, when you have the PB bridged with the Smartphone and someone calls you, it appears on the PB display as a notification.

I think that it won't need any prioritys if both connection interact at same time.
    03-15-12 10:30 AM
    Thanks Biulet, I experimented recently with Bluetooth and the results were that a 8900 model BB curve with a Bluetooth headset connection pairing could also support the Bridge connection to the PB and wait.....yes wait, the PB was alsp bluetooth connected to the mini-Keyboard and still no issues - inbound tel calls still show on the PB as Dialog popup Notification until I tap the headset bluetooth then the Notice disappears once I am connected to the call. So I can continue typing an email reply on the mini-Keyboard with the bluetooth connection at the same time as handling the call.

Ain't LIFE just grand when stuff works like it should.....
    06-05-12 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD