Bought a new PB in Sept to replace one that went through the wash.(kudos for your detailed help, Tide PB is still working). Have used magnetic charging stand ever since. Wasn't until I went to do a backup to my computer last month and to download music that I discovered the problem. Bought it from Staples on ebay using paypal. I guess i have a defective PB! Any suggestions for help? I have tried many different usb cords. None will fit all the way in.
    01-11-14 11:27 AM
    Bought a new PB in Sept to replace one that went through the wash.(kudos for your detailed help, Tide PB is still working). Have used magnetic charging stand ever since. Wasn't until I went to do a backup to my computer last month and to download music that I discovered the problem. Bought it from Staples on ebay using paypal. I guess i have a defective PB! Any suggestions for help? I have tried many different usb cords. None will fit all the way in.
    First are you sure you're trying ti insert it the right way? If you have the cord that came with it the bb symbol faces the screen. I know mine was a tight fit but a little push and it snapped in.
    01-11-14 11:33 AM
    First make sure you are using the usb port and not the hdmi port.
    Second check to see if the little connector flap in the center of the usb port hasn't been bent upward or downward .
    My son bent his by accident when he tried to put the usb cable in upside down.
    If it is bent, you need to bend it back.
    01-11-14 12:40 PM
    Hopefully you mean the microUSB port, not Mini USB. There is a difference so make sure you are using the right cable.

Secondly, as others have said, make sureness it's the right port. The microUSB one and not the microHDMI Port.

Posted via CB10
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    01-11-14 12:54 PM
    When looking at the micro-usb cable, it is kind of a trapezoid. The narrower end should face up. As noted, if the connector board inside the port is bent or slanted GENTLY try leveling it.
    01-11-14 02:07 PM