Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Would this work on our playbooks? I'm thinking it would and would work with a flashdrive for extra memory. I came across it while ordering some Beats by Jose (knockoff Beats by Dre) for $4.
    Last edited by randomact45; 04-18-12 at 11:34 PM.
    04-18-12 11:29 PM
    I think you need more of a gender type that matches or reverses the usb you find on your computer so that a usb-thumb-drive and plug in. I think someone posted a picture of one in the usb-ota thread that is fairly recent.

But, I don't think it is yet implemented on the pb.
    04-18-12 11:51 PM
    i don't think it would work since usb driver is not yet enable on the playbook. i hope that they enable it in future updates.
    04-18-12 11:53 PM
    Umm.. AFAIK, miniUSB to microUSB means a converter for miniUSB (used in Bold 9000, Curve 83xx, etc) to microUSB (latest BB after those)
    It's not the USB OTG adapter that u're looking for.
    And for the usage, please wait until it is enabled by RIM.
    Good news is, there is drivers for this USB OTG capabilities, but again, not yet enabled.
    Hold ur horses

EDIT:
    When it's enabled, this is what u will need though
    http://m.dealextreme.com/p/micro-usb...ter-pair-50774

cerone1970 and randomact45 like this.
    04-18-12 11:53 PM
    There wouldn't be anything wrong with getting one of these things, whether the drivers are enabled or not, if they're not - well, then you have one for when they are. Id try it anyway, and connect more storage, see what happens. If nothing happens, at least i got the gadget. If it works, sweet deals.

Hopped up.
    04-19-12 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD