So I turn on my playbook and turn on the keyboard but the keyboard doesn't show a light of any sort when I turn it on. I press the ctrl key to try and conect but no go. I go to options on my playbook and try to connect from the blutooth there and no go again. The only way I get it to go is if I give it a boost with my playbook charger. Plug it in then plug it right out and it will connect. I would think its out f battery but when I leave the charger on, it shows a solid green light indicating that the keyboard is full??

Its weird it was working fine last week. Anyone have issues like this?

**EDIT: so now my keyboard only connects when it is plugged in...an shows a sold green light. When I unplug it, it loses connection...
    Last edited by chuckkdaduck; 03-29-12 at 12:14 PM.
    03-29-12 11:29 AM
    Just tried mine and it is working fine. Hooked up in seconds. Sorry yours is not working.
    03-29-12 01:08 PM
    The light flashes when you're charging it and fully charged. When it's operating there's no light, on or off. So just use it as is with power switch in "ON" position.
    03-29-12 02:17 PM
    Try deleting the pairing profile on the PlayBook and the keyboard, and reconnecting it. To remove the profiles on the keyboard, hold the CTRL key and the Backspace key for 6 seconds, then turn the On/Off switch off and on.

I had a similar problem and this fixed it. Has been working great ever since.
    Last edited by andrewmcwhirter; 03-29-12 at 02:31 PM.
    03-29-12 02:25 PM
    The light flashes when you're charging it and fully charged. When it's operating there's no light, on or off. So just use it as is with power switch in "ON" position.
    Won't seem to work when it is on. I turn it off then back on again and no flashing lights even blink and it's not working still. It will occasionally work if I put the chartering then stops working again. So frustrated. I'm trying to type out some notes but been doing this all morning to get it work.

Anyone know the line I can call at RIM for replacement or can I just go to the source for anexchange?
    03-29-12 02:25 PM
    Try deleting the pairing profile on the PlayBook and the keyboard, and reconnecting it. To remove the profiles on the keyboard, hold the CTRL key and the Backspace key for 6 seconds, then turn the On/Off switch off and on.

I tried this also but when it connects I lose connection again or when I turn it off and on again it won't connect. It always finds a way to lose the connection
    03-29-12 02:34 PM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    03-29-12 02:56 PM
    I'm having problems with mine too. It connected fine but after a few minutes use it disconnects and I have to switch it off on to get it working. On top of that it won't hold a charge, it goes from fully charged (solid green) to flashing red in about 30 seconds. I called and tried to get it replaced and was sent round the houses for over an hour before being told that it won't hold a charge until it's been plugged in for 24 hours! Total BS. I have been promised an RMA in the next 24-48hrs, so I better get one! I know from the time that I was able to use it that I'll be happier without it, so it has to go back.

All in all a singularly unpleasant experience!
    03-29-12 03:18 PM
    I eagerly waited fro the BB mini keyboard...now i wish i had passed. I have to do all sorts of contortions to connect it to tablet - every time i start or wake up my tablet. I think I may be giving up on BB, which is the last thing i want to do. I may just bring it back to The Source and forget about it.
    03-29-12 05:23 PM
    Delete the profile in the blue tooth section of the setup.

Put the keyboard into pairing mode by switching it on at the same time holding down the ctrl key.

Go into the bluetooth section of the setup and add a new device. The keyboard should pair after entering in the code on the keyboard and pressing enter.

The keyboard should be connected and ready to go.

If the keyboard loses it's connection or goes to sleep, hold your finger down on the blue sym key. That reconnects or wakes it up for me.

Typing this out on my BB mini bt keyboard
    Canuck671 and keefrto like this.
    03-29-12 08:09 PM
    Those methods won't also work...anyone else have a say onhow this is happening. My last resort is to call rim to get it replaced
    03-29-12 08:32 PM
    so i called playbook support and they said they couldnt help me out and that they only did playbook support?!?! they couldnt even connect me to another line cause they had no clue who to go for keyboard support and just told me to try and exchange it at the source. Anyone know if I can exchange it at the source or if there is a number i can contact for keyboard support??
    04-04-12 12:11 AM
    Here's the user guide for the mini keyboard...

http://www.hitfar.com/assets/downloa...and-Tricks.pdf
    Canuck671 likes this.
    04-04-12 12:25 AM
    Mine works fine, might be a technical glitch, try to restart your PB
    04-04-12 12:30 AM
    Delete the profile in the blue tooth section of the setup.

Put the keyboard into pairing mode by switching it on at the same time holding down the ctrl key.

Go into the bluetooth section of the setup and add a new device. The keyboard should pair after entering in the code on the keyboard and pressing enter.

The keyboard should be connected and ready to go.

If the keyboard loses it's connection or goes to sleep, hold your finger down on the blue sym key. That reconnects or wakes it up for me.

Typing this out on my BB mini bt keyboard
    Thank you for the tip, it solved my connectivity problem. Where might I obtain other key combinations for the mini keyboard, such as that which you provided for bluetooth paring?
    wavebb likes this.
    05-03-12 08:59 AM

Awesome advice!! Worked for me too.
    06-18-12 07:16 PM

andrewmcwhirter....thanks for the keyboard tip....was having a really bad tech day....got my phone wet....then the keyboard wouldn't pair after wiping playbook and reinstalling os....but found your tip and am much happier....;-)
    07-01-12 12:30 AM
    Worked like a charm. Thanks
    zaxin likes this.
    12-20-12 12:56 AM
    ctrl and back keys, worked! thank you...
    04-14-14 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD