Hi all,

just thought I would ask if anyone has seen the Mini Keyboard for a reasonable price in the UK?

�90 seems a bit much considering that you can buy a PB for less!

Cheers
    01-24-13 05:53 AM
    no not really. Had a look at the keyboard case and don't like the keyboard. You could try to get a cheap third party bluetooth keyboard
    01-24-13 02:29 PM
    Hi. I bought mine back in mid November last year after searching for many weeks for a decent price. I managed to buy one for �77.90 including delivery, which is very good. For your information the sellers ebay ID was a2z-solutions-uk and there were numerous quantities in stock at the time. I don't know about quantities now I'm sorry. You may wish to search the sellers details through ebay and contact the seller direct?

Additionally try searching with the product number of the mini keyboard appended to the end of the description which is ACC-41616-001 for better results.

Keep persevering though as its a wonderful addition to an already excellent tablet.

Mike.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-24-13 02:54 PM
    I agree, continue to search for the OEM BlackBerry PlayBook Mini Keyboard it a excellent accessory for the PlayBoook. CrackBerry should be due for a SALE any day now
    01-24-13 03:29 PM
    I agree, continue to search for the OEM BlackBerry PlayBook Mini Keyboard it a excellent accessory for the PlayBoook. CrackBerry should be due for a SALE any day now
    Crackberry is in US, so we'd probably have to pay custom charges or something or other.

The ebay seller has raised his price to �94.
    GENUINE BLACKBERRY PLABOOK KEYBOARD WITH CONVERTIBLE CASE COVER ACC-41616-001 | eBay
    01-24-13 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply's everyone.

I thought I may have to pay the premium seeing as RIM haven't released it in the UK officially yet.

I used a third party keyboard (i-Connex) but it's not designed for the PB experience and was bloody hard to type on!

I'll keep my eyes on eBay.

Thanks again!
    01-25-13 04:40 AM
    I agree that the problem with the official one is the price. That said, if I really was determined, maybe I'd splurge - I have found I can get a lot of extra value out of using a bluetooth keyboard with a tablet.

Problem I have, now, is that I wouldn't want to change the case I have - the case I use, now, is one of those 360 cases, where you can have your PlayBook in landscape, or portrait when on the stand, or upside down landscape (meaning it's really easy to plug in a charger (I used a 90 degree micro USB adapter when I used the original charger, but now I use the rmagnetic rapid travel charger). So I can orientate my PlayBook to charge whilst I'm using it on it's stand, or the correct way up for landscape so I can plug in headphones.

And I was very suprised at the quality of these 360 cases - my parents bought the official leather case / stand thing when they bought their PlayBook, and I showed them my 360 case, and in terms of how it looks, quality, and things like how robust the strap is, it appears to be better than the official similar case (the PlayBook snaps into the plastic outer, in a very similar way for both the official case, and the 360 one) - plus has the advantage of having a rear camera cutout on the back.

So I'd have to ditch using that case, if I was to buy the keyboard case, 'cos you woudn't spend around �80-�90 (UK pounds) for effectively just a keyboard alone. I have two Kensington keyfolio universal cases (for any 10" tablets) with bluetooth keyboars and whilst they pair OK with the PlayBook, I seem to have lock-ups if I type too quickly, or press 2 keys at once (although oddly they work perfectly with my Android tablets).

So I'm in the camp of trying to get a decent bluetooth keyboard for the PlayBook, that works well.
    01-25-13 08:41 AM