why is a keyboard so dang important. If i wanted a netbook I would have bought a netbook
    Ummm... because there are use-cases in which a physical keyboard makes using the tablet much easier. When I am at the library doing research, for example, having a physical keyboard to type a report or paper is considerably easier than either the virtual keyboard or even the venerable BlackBerry Bold QWERTY keyboard in bridged mode. When working in my home office sometimes I prefer to connect to BlackBerry PlayBook to the HDTV monitor and use the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse even though my notebook is already connected to the HDTV monitor and sits on a shelf under the desk. As with most things in life, having options is good. For me, a netbook computer would never suffice: it has less processing power than my notebook computer and less battery-life than my tablet. See we all have our own particular requirements and preferences.
    05-20-12 03:08 PM
    Actually.....after about 40 minutes of use the ipad can cook you pancakes,not sure if it gets hot enough to brew coffee though.
    Playbook has the Cooklet app, not sure if the App store has that one yet. I'm going to try Apple pancakes
    05-20-12 03:19 PM
    I bought my Playbook 64g nearly a year ago for full price. Since then I been waiting, and waiting, for anywhere near the functionality that I expected. In the meantime, I ditched my 9700 for an iPhone, reluctantly but not regrettably. I simply can't believe that BB would introduced a keyboard that makes the PB marginally more useful and then have it not be available for purchase a month after its intro. This company just seems remarkably inept, and I am thoroughly disgusted and disappointed. Almost seems like they WANT to go bankrupt!
    I would care less about pricy keyboard. if you did not ditch your 9700 you could just use bridge to confortably type. I do this with my 9810 every day and works perfectly well

Sent from Tapatalk for Playbook
    05-21-12 08:09 PM
    I bought my Playbook 64g nearly a year ago for full price. Since then I been waiting, and waiting, for anywhere near the functionality that I expected. In the meantime, I ditched my 9700 for an iPhone, reluctantly but not regrettably. I simply can't believe that BB would introduced a keyboard that makes the PB marginally more useful and then have it not be available for purchase a month after its intro. This company just seems remarkably inept, and I am thoroughly disgusted and disappointed. Almost seems like they WANT to go bankrupt!

I do not see reason why you started this thread in the first place. you do realize negative comments about rim products are not welcome here. same would be in imore forum if I was to leave negative comments about iphone. this will accomplish nothing. no one here will not switch to apple just because you do not like it. finally I would suggest trying 9810 or 9900. big improvement over 9700 and os6. imo these two phones are on par with iphone and in many ways are just better. unless you are app junky these phones have a lot to offer

05-21-12 08:23 PM
    Playbook has the Cooklet app, not sure if the App store has that one yet. I'm going to try Apple pancakes
    best use for ipad

05-21-12 08:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD