MOSTLY with you, Bla1ze, but it's hard to stay quite that casual about it. As you say, though, at least the question's settled.

Time to "Keep Moving".
    Oh yes, we were all so stupid! No tlike you who always said be patient it will come...

If BB10 cannot run on a device with less than 2 GB it is a complete failure for a new restarted OS or otherwise BB was nice enough to just show us their middle finger because they did not care! Seems a lot of BB fans here on the forum are the type of customers easily being told: 'this little plastic thing broke - we cannot repair that, better you buy a brand new machine'. Sorry, I do not want to insult anyone in person but this is just laughable and silly.

It could be really that this is the truth, but then good night BB...
    This might be a sad day guys- but get ready.-shockingtruth.jpg
    06-29-13 06:53 AM
    Symbian runs Qt and QML with... get this... 256 MB of RAM! And you can run a load of the latest memory-hungry QML apps before apps get closed down.

Cascades on BB10 uses the same build of Qt and QML but it needs 2GB of RAM. Guess who's incompetent here? Symbian was a very lean and fast RTOS, and it's to Nokia's credit that they managed to shoehorn mobile Qt into it while not requiring the latest hardware. QNX can run on PCs on a floppy but here comes BlackBerry, somehow adding more and more bloat until BB10 needs a few gig of RAM to run properly. Un-freaking-believable

The writing is on the wall for BBRY - BB10 devices are not selling well, BB7/BIS users are leaving for better deals, and corporate clients are waiting to see if BB10/BES10 is a worthwhile enterprise platform. I can see the company being sold in pieces by the end of the year. Thor Heins can eat his words... tablets will still be around in 5 years but BBRY won't.
    Enyigma likes this.
    06-29-13 07:39 AM
    Oh yes, we were all so stupid! No tlike you who always said be patient it will come...

If BB10 cannot run on a device with less than 2 GB it is a complete failure for a new restarted OS or otherwise BB was nice enough to just show us their middle finger because they did not care! Seems a lot of BB fans here on the forum are the type of customers easily being told: 'this little plastic thing broke - we cannot repair that, better you buy a brand new machine'. Sorry, I do not want to insult anyone in person but this is just laughable and silly.

It could be really that this is the truth, but then good night BB...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shockingtruth.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	177173
    I didn't actually say "be patient, it will come". When the PB got no mention at BlackBerry World it bothered me too. All I was saying was that it was better to wait until there was official word one way or another.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    06-29-13 07:40 AM
    Glass half empty or half full?

Maybe you're not a PB user and haven't been strung along by promise after broken promise. Hope you enjoy your Z10 considering BBRY could pull the same thing with BB10 if sales don't go well.
    06-29-13 07:45 AM
    Im still getting a playbook because it fits my needs for now and I don't have a problem with it. Then again people expected an OS that runs in hardware with 2GB of RAM to work on something with a 1GB of RAM. At that, do you people realize you are getting bent out of shape over a software update on a tablet? Life and tech moves on, looking forward to the other BB10 devices that come this year.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-29-13 07:49 AM
    Glass half empty or half full?

Maybe you're not a PB user and haven't been strung along by promise after broken promise. Hope you enjoy your Z10 considering BBRY could pull the same thing with BB10 if sales don't go well.
    Still use my PlayBook, still love my Z10. Nothing changed there.

As I say, this may be a case where business issues were as difficult as the technical ones. I'm already good with moving on.

eddy_berry likes this.
    06-29-13 07:54 AM
    BlackBerry did the right thing
    Not for sale anymore. Outdated hardware. He is cleaning up the mess he inherited and the playbook was part of it. You have to make hard decisions to survive and all too often you lose more money when you don't make them. There was nothing to gain for BlackBerry in keeping the playbook on life support

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-29-13 08:02 AM
    BlackBerry did the right thing
    Not for sale anymore. Outdated hardware. He is cleaning up the mess he inherited and the playbook was part of it. You have to make hard decisions to survive and all too often you lose more money when you don't make them. There was nothing to gain for BlackBerry in keeping the playbook on life support

Posted via CB10
    Hard decision?
    I have a team working on the tablet, BlackBerry 10 will be on the tablet this year.

Oh wait, no we decided the hardware isn't good enough, we forgot PlayBook only 1GB of ram.

Sounds indecisive to me.

Hard decision?
    Blackberry10 will power us for the next 10years.

Oh by the way we are spending millions on marketing bb10 but after all that we're going to give everyone some dejavu and bring out a new OS7 device.

Sounds like a lack of confidence in bb10.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-29-13 08:44 AM
    By all means, get it all out of your system...

06-29-13 08:56 AM
    I love my PlayBook and will keep using it daily.

But even the most devout PlayBook owners will be the first to admit that it has been an unmitigated debacle since Day One.

As awesome as they might be, I will not be purchasing any other BlackBerry devices. I won't risk my money on broken promises and non-existent communication.
    06-29-13 09:03 AM
    Hard decision?
    I have a team working on the tablet, BlackBerry 10 will be on the tablet this year.

Oh wait, no we decided the hardware isn't good enough, we forgot PlayBook only 1GB of ram.

Sounds indecisive to me.

Hard decision?
    Blackberry10 will power us for the next 10years.

Oh by the way we are spending millions on marketing bb10 but after all that we're going to give everyone some dejavu and bring out a new OS7 device.

Sounds like a lack of confidence in bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. A hard decision. It is a hard decision to make knowing so many customers are not going to like the news. But they can't keep spending cash on it. Investors didn't see it like that unfortunately.

A new OS7 device? Sounds like they have been listening to their customers. Have you not read forums on here. Some people want track pads, back buttons, BIS and compressed data. So they listen to customers and get slagged for it too? Damned if you do I guess huh? I have confidence in BB10. It is good. It needs much more time and money pumped into it, but I guess I have the patience for it and the lower expectation that comes with being the underdog phone company.
    06-29-13 09:22 AM
    I think you guys are underestimating just how damaging the earnings call was. Development for the PB is finished. But the bigger message was that BB's hardware business as a whole is not long for this earth. BB is tiny compared to Huawei, ZTE and Sony, let alone Apple and Samsung.

I expect BB to sell off its hardware business entirely by the end of this year. Look at the ridiculous prices they sell the Q10 and Z10 at...more than the S4 and HTC One in some foreign markets. That's unsustainable, especially as the market doesn't see any thing in BB10 that other established platforms don't already offer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    FF22, dannykavs and look_alive like this.
    06-29-13 09:31 AM
    Geeze people.. do your research! All you have to do is search youtube for playbook running bb10. It does run fine, there's ports and developer copies out there. BlackBerry was close with it, and it runs way better then any of you excuse makers think. Stop making excuses for BlackBerry, let blackberry tell us why they stopped it.

This is just all horse sh!t and lies... Playbook was symbolic, blackberry will not recover from this bad press

Posted via CB10
    FF22, kraschute and Cynycl like this.
    06-29-13 09:45 AM
    Yes. A hard decision. It is a hard decision to make knowing so many customers are not going to like the news. But they can't keep spending cash on it. Investors didn't see it like that unfortunately.

A new OS7 device? Sounds like they have been listening to their customers. Have you not read forums on here. Some people want track pads, back buttons, BIS and compressed data. So they listen to customers and get slagged for it too? Damned if you do I guess huh? I have confidence in BB10. It is good. It needs much more time and money pumped into it, but I guess I have the patience for it and the lower expectation that comes with being the underdog phone company.
    So it's ok to listen to some customers regarding legacy OS? (I'm one those who admire the trackpad)

But to shaft the other customers screaming for bb10 on a tablet? (just want a better browser and keyboard)

Your logic is of that of BlackBerry management you should apply.

Posted via CB10
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    06-29-13 10:30 AM
    Geeze people.. do your research! All you have to do is search youtube for playbook running bb10. It does run fine, there's ports and developer copies out there. BlackBerry was close with it, and it runs way better then any of you excuse makers think. Stop making excuses for BlackBerry, let blackberry tell us why they stopped it.

This is just all horse sh!t and lies... Playbook was symbolic, blackberry will not recover from this bad press

Posted via CB10
    I must say, I also believe there are more reasons and this decision really stinks! They decided to blame it on BB10 not running on sub 2GB devices and that makes BB the greatest bloadtware of all mobile OS. Blind BB defenders here on the forum do not understand it but advertising such an inefficient OS raises even more concerns about the future if this company! It's like wanting to save a car company by repainting the oldtimer car in the garage with new fancy colors and a number 10 on it so it looks like a racing car!
    06-29-13 10:44 AM

I agree. This move by Thor (I believe he made the call ultimately to shut it down) has alienated the loyalists. Anyone who still thinks the PB will receive a future update needs a trip to the psych ward. Thor is moving on, and without people like me at his back. I'll keep using my 9810 knowing it ticks him off...
    kraschute and victorshikhman like this.
    06-29-13 10:51 AM
    If they would have said from the beginning that BB10 wasn't coming to the Playbook it wouldn't be a big deal since no one would have been expecting it. IMO they should have never even considered BB10 for PB since they had already given up on it. Instead they kept saying it's coming to PB and then without warning announced it's not.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    06-29-13 10:52 AM
    If they would have said from the beginning that BB10 wasn't coming to the Playbook it wouldn't be a big deal since no one would have been expecting it. IMO they should have never even considered BB10 for PB since they had already given up on it. Instead they kept saying it's coming to PB and then without warning announced it's not.
    Agreed. They announced from day one that OS7 devices could not run BB10. Why say that the PB could run it? Thor pulled the plug, and we want to know why.
    06-29-13 10:56 AM
    Just look at his! My current phone, Nokia N9 with 33 apps running parallel! (1GHz and 1GB) Their excuse is so redicilous!
    Last edited by kraschute; 06-29-13 at 05:31 PM.
    06-29-13 11:12 AM
    Just look at his! My current phone, Nokia N9 with 33 apps running parallel! (1GHz and 1GB) excuse is so redicilous!
    The video didn't work. Try again.
    kraschute likes this.
    06-29-13 11:33 AM
    Exactly this. But what would you "expect" a Crackberry employee to say?
    Everyone with the exception of a few that were praying knew the truth. Once they were 99 bucks it was game over..except for a few bb holdouts...
    Hopefully you now found better devices.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-29-13 11:36 AM
    It's not a sad day. It's an end to the question IMO. I'm still baffled as to what people expected for the PlayBook but whatever.
    I think we expected what was promised. No one on this forum mods or otherwise said anything to make anyone in here believe that BB10 wasn't coming to the playbook.
    JeepBB and victorshikhman like this.
    06-29-13 11:38 AM
    Totally agree on that. I'm very disapointed with this, but as you said s**t happens and theres nothing we can really do about that.

At least one thing I think they should do is at least clarify or explain what was the problem and what they mean by supporting the Playbook.
    Many people maybe can be satisfied by knowing if they are going to receive BBM, new Android Run Time, apps like Skype, and new bridge functionalities with BB10 devices.

Let's see what happens next, I'been supporting BB for many years, and I know many of Playbook owners are people that trusted in this company, so I think they must at least continue development on Playbook OS to add some new features, not just giving support.
    06-29-13 11:43 AM
    I think we expected what was promised. No one on this forum mods or otherwise said anything to make anyone in here believe that BB10 wasn't coming to the playbook.
    Find my posts. Ive been saying it since I got here. I must be psychic

06-29-13 11:45 AM
    Find my posts. Ive been saying it since I got here. I must be psychic

Lol no I understand that there have been doubters like yourself but anytime someone dared question whether it was coming or not people would attack and call people trolls for daring to think that BB was lying to its customers.
    06-29-13 11:49 AM
88 1234