Agreed. They announced from day one that OS7 devices could not run BB10. Why say that the PB could run it? Thor pulled the plug, and we want to know why.
    I can think of 100,000 reasons from the last quarter alone why BB didn't fess up that BB10 couldn't run (acceptably well) on PB.

However now that all that pesky unsold PB inventory is off their hands, they can safely drop the bomb.

Well played Thor, very well played Sir! <really need a slow hand-clap icon to do this justice>
    imz, m1a1mg, jcbrunson and 5 others like this.
    06-29-13 11:53 AM
    At least one thing I think they should do is at least clarify or explain what was the problem and what they mean by supporting the Playbook.
    Many people maybe can be satisfied by knowing if they are going to receive BBM, new Android Run Time, apps like Skype, and new bridge functionalities with BB10 devices.
    A good and an important point.

I purchased apps on my Z10, these apps are Blackberry10 specific.

I wiped the dust off my Playbook, powered it on, and SOME of the same apps were available on my Playbook, although I did notice a dilution of performance on the Playbook compared to the Z10, nevertheless apps were running!

Now my playbook can play videos in "active" frames whilst browsing and doing Remote desktop whilst this n that etc etc, so its not THAT bad at doing multiple things at once.

Who knows
    06-29-13 11:53 AM
    I'll get ready for Windows 8 now. I have a daily driver 64g PB and its twin still in a sealed box on the shelf. By the time they're obsolete in their own right, W8 and the upcoming Surface tablets should be good to go.
    The BB10 phones offer me nothing I cant get from some other OS, which is nothing I want anyway, so I have no dog in this fight anymore. I just have to figure a way to get my downloaded music off the PB and I'm free!
    Last edited by Beakman; 06-29-13 at 12:11 PM. Reason: NYB
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 12:10 PM
    I can think of 100,000 reasons from the last quarter alone why BB didn't fess up that BB10 couldn't run (acceptably well) on PB.

However now that all that pesky unsold PB inventory is off their hands, they can safely drop the bomb.

Well played Thor, very well played Sir! <really need a slow hand-clap icon to do this justice>
    +1. What I don't get from the apologists is that the freaking CEO said it was coming. If you tell me something is going to happen, and it doesn't, I'm going to blame you. Too many freaking BBRY apologists.

It's not a sad day. It's an end to the question IMO. I'm still baffled as to what people expected for the PlayBook but whatever.
    What baffles me is your attitude. When people tell me they are going to do something, I expect them to do so. If they can't deliver, they shouldn't promise.
    jcbrunson, JeepBB, Nyrup and 4 others like this.
    06-29-13 12:13 PM
    That really makes sense. Thanks for replying to my post!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 01:04 PM
    So Umm yeah.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 05:10 PM
    Its a software update for a two year old tablet. Are you kidding me with this anger and hurt like you lost something that is real and lives. Its an inanimate object: a tablet and you are emotionally hurt by not getting a software update on this thing; Are you serious people?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-29-13 05:22 PM
    Its a software update for a two year old tablet. Are you kidding me with this anger and hurt like you lost something that is real and lives. Its an inanimate object: a tablet and you are emotionally hurt by not getting a software update on this thing; Are you serious people?

Your forgetting this 2 year old tablet was still on store shelves until not too long ago.. if anyone did a search up till Thursday, they'd find a Mr thorstein heinz saying bb10 is on its way. Don't judge

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 06:32 PM

What makes me wonder is why you care if other people care.

It isn't the PB that worries me. It's the same old same old from BBRY, despite the new leadership.

What should concern all the Z10 and Q10 owners when TH decides to be a software only company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 07:04 PM
    And just so there is no confusion, and more talk of 2 year old tablet, BBRY is still selling them:

BlackBerry PRD-38548-002 PlayBook 7" Touchscreen Tablet - Walmart.com
    06-29-13 07:06 PM
    Boooooo BlackBerry booooo

Liers

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:10 PM
    And just so there is no confusion, and more talk of 2 year old tablet, BBRY is still selling them:

At $159 it's overpriced.
    06-29-13 07:14 PM
    I will keep on using my Playbook. It works fine and does mostly what I want a tablet to do.

But what I will NOT do is purchase a new Blackberry phone. My old Curve is nearly dead and I have needed a new phone for the past couple of months. Essentially, my relationship with Blackberry is now officially ended. It would make little sense to me to continue supporting a company that is unwilling to communicate with its customers, and worse - keep its promises.

So I will keep using my Playbook until the wheels fall off, but no new Blackberry phones for me.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    06-29-13 07:18 PM

Myyyyy god!! They just ooooooze ripoff. And the story continues. I feel bad for anyone who actually gets suckered into buying one. Android tablets much much better are selling for less.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:13 PM
    Who cares if it is stil being sold. You buy things for the value they have now and what you need it for now. Not for a possible software update in the future. Then when it does not happen, you dont feel like you wasted money and if you do, then you were being unrealistic.
    06-29-13 09:08 PM
    What makes me wonder is why you care if other people care.

It isn't the PB that worries me. It's the same old same old from BBRY, despite the new leadership.

What should concern all the Z10 and Q10 owners when TH decides to be a software only company.
    Why are you being concerned with them being a software only company they just released 2 phones in five months with a new operating system, relax its not that serious I`m just hoping I am getting through to some people about the fact that it is not something you should worry about. I am guessing that the majority of people on this site are grown men, then get to your lives instead of concerning yourself over something that is out of your hands.
    06-29-13 09:11 PM
    Myyyyy god!! They just ooooooze ripoff. And the story continues. I feel bad for anyone who actually gets suckered into buying one. Android tablets much much better are selling for less.

Posted via CB10
    What makes it bad is that cowboom and ebay can have one for sub $100.
    06-29-13 09:12 PM
    But looking ahead, better will come- not just for those of us who only love phones. When it was repeatedly stated that 6 DEVICES would be released running the BlackBerry 10 platform,
    This statement came from the same people that said "RIM (as it was called then) is committed to the Playbook" and (2) BB10 would be coming to the playbook."

Those of us that learned our lesson with the Storm new Blackberry was dying a long time ago.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 09:39 PM
    The writing was on the wall a year ago when they were selling Playbooks at fire sale prices, just to get rid of them. It's clear the Playbook was a failure.
    06-29-13 09:48 PM
    LOL the forums are just RIFE with trolls today.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-29-13 09:59 PM
    It seems to me that the problem all goes back to the problem of not having enough native apps. When you have to run one operating system on top of another it takes an extra chunk of RAM and slows things down. Perhaps the need to go to an Android 4+ player from Android 2.3 made things worse. Then there is that bunch of PB LTE tabs with the need for all the phone stuff and still only one GB of RAM. So in a sense maybe BB did not lie. They perhaps did put BB10 on the PB but the operation was so bad that the OS was unreleasable. If this was the case we owe Thor some thanks for not dropping it on us just to say that a goal had been met. We should get a fuller explanation of situation and an idea as to what is coming. And it wouldn't hurt to get some sort of apology for dashing our hopes and failure to keep promises.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile ap
    06-29-13 10:25 PM
    So it's ok to listen to some customers regarding legacy OS? (I'm one those who admire the trackpad)

But to shaft the other customers screaming for bb10 on a tablet? (just want a better browser and keyboard)

Your logic is of that of BlackBerry management you should apply.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It is naive to think they can do both. I wasn't expecting them to this either but I can understand. How many legacy diehards out there compared to playbook owners in total? Who would you choose to **** off if you didn't have the resources for both? Tough decision. Stop being so **** hurt.
    06-30-13 10:22 AM
    LOL the forums are just RIFE with trolls today.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    Yes, they certainly are.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    06-30-13 10:27 AM
    Lol yupp ig not me tho

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:43 PM
    It's not a sad day. It's an end to the question IMO. I'm still baffled as to what people expected for the PlayBook but whatever.
    Yes, wonder why all those Playbook LTE owners with a less than 1yr old device expected any meaningful support for their product from Blackberry.

PS: I'm not sure, but I think what people expected for their device was the update the CEO of Blackberry promised them was coming soon. Perhaps they expected to be able to run apps designed for BB10...you know the whole 'computing platform' and 'ecosystem' BB has been parroting for a while? Or perhaps they expected native BBM on their playbook? What do you think?
    blacks66, FF22 and look_alive like this.
    06-30-13 12:48 PM
88 1234