Would anybody use a MIDI sequencer on a PlayBook? I mean, instead of a laptop, just slap a PB on a music stand and a little USB MIDI interface and you're in business. And ya CAN'T do that with an iPad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 06:05 PM
    Heck yeah I would and you can do midi on the ipad.
    I use this on my iphone. I wish they would port it to different platfomrs
    Music Studio - Overview

There is even a portable studio set up and I will admit it's tempting me to get an iPad
    StudioDock Pro Audio Dock For iPad

I'd like something like a dumb down cubase, heck I'd even take something like FL Studio that would be my dream app for a device..
    01-19-11 10:06 PM
    I'm talking about running external gear via MIDI - iPad doesn't have a USB port (yet), so I don't think it woud do it, unless there's another way for it to communicate with external hardware that I'm not aware of. Oh, I see - the StudioDock would definitely do that. I stand corrected! But you don't need a whole lot of horsepower - my first MIDI rig ran off a Packard Bell PC with a whopping 4 mhz 8086 processor. Of course that was in the MS-DOS days...

Anyway - I've seen virtually zero discussion on MIDI and tablets. Just wondering if there's any other interest out there. It would appear that there is!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 10:43 AM
    Ohh ok I got ya

Someone said that the StudioDock may be $199 if that's true that's a pretty reasonable price.

I would like to see music software for other devices. I looked and didn't really see anything on Android.

That Music Studio is a nice App though. I did a song in it. It allows you to export the song as a wav or solo each track and export them separately or export a midi file which you can import into whatever DAW you're using and really get it nice with some VST instruments and effects.
    01-20-11 11:01 AM
    like my Yamaha keyboard accessory does, you can run MIDI into any computer and transfer digital music files to the keyboard. This is one thing I hope to do with my Playbook. Now if they'd just release the damn thing!
    01-20-11 11:38 AM
    Sleepngbear what MIDI software works on Playbook please? Dying to know and hoping there actually is one or some that does
    02-11-12 07:57 AM
    Just wondered if there was keyboards/expanders working over BlueTooth ?
    02-11-12 08:19 AM
    I wouldn't use a full blown MIDI sequencer, but I'd like the ability to trigger simple MIDI sounds. I can't seem to find an API that will do that under AIR or QNX for the Playbook. Maybe it's supported natively - and maybe with an HTML5 application.
    03-11-12 02:39 PM
    Midi and a multirack recorder would be great.
    03-11-12 07:27 PM
    I think we need to talk to the developer on Zquence studio for android. May be he can do one for us.
    09-14-12 12:39 AM