i can access my office email at mail.mycompanyname.com/exchange with no problem. but whenever i create a new message and hit send, it sends it a dozen times! only happens from my playbook, never from any other computer ...any ideas? i've tried a few times, careful to hit send only once....until we get native email on the pb this is a nuisance

oh, and this does not happen with my yahoo or gmail accounts
    04-20-11 08:27 PM
    yo, anyone?
    04-21-11 06:24 AM
    bumping this...still wondering if anyone has had a similar problem
    04-23-11 03:09 PM
    so using webmail corporate exchange server - to an email address outside of the firm and to an email address inside the firm. only one outgoing email sent in each case.
    04-23-11 03:54 PM
    so using webmail corporate exchange server - to an email address outside of the firm and to an email address inside the firm. only one outgoing email sent in each case.
    hmm...tried again and it sent 11 times...when you hit send, does the page change? in other words, I hit send once, and nothing visual happens on my screen...but if I check my yahoo account, there's the email 11 times and it's in my corporate sent box 11 times
    04-23-11 04:00 PM
    Ouch! Please keep us updated on this one. I could see some amazing backlash for PB here but i suspect it's your provider.

I just tried through rackspace's exchange webmail (Office Outlook Web Access) on top of BES and it works as it should.
    04-23-11 04:22 PM
    Page does not change. Count in draft folder goes to 1 and stays "1" even tho the sent email is immediately received, and only one is received.

The count of "1" in the draft folder goes away if anything is selected on the page like opening a msg in the inbox.
    04-23-11 04:26 PM
    ok thanks pcar and nycspaces -- I'll chat with my office IT monday...at least if I know it works for others then it's something that we need to fix internally from the sound of it
    04-23-11 04:29 PM
    you might need to increase the time the for the 'server connection time out'. If the time (in seconds) is short, Exchange keeps trying to send the msg until it connects. I have mine set at 300 seconds. I forget what the default is - maybe 30 secs. That may solve the issue.

Log onto your corporate email from your laptop/desktop. Under Tools/Account settings, select your email account and then select 'Change'.

On the next panel, select "More Settings". On the General Tab, at the bottom what is the timeout set to? You'll see where you can set the timeout in seconds. See if that works.
    04-23-11 04:44 PM
    you might need to increase the time the for the 'server connection time out'. If the time (in seconds) is short, Exchange keeps trying to send the msg until it connects. I have mine set at 300 seconds. I forget what the default is - maybe 30 secs. That may solve the issue.

Log onto your corporate email from your laptop/desktop. Under Tools/Account settings, select your email account and then select 'Change'.

On the next panel, select "More Settings". On the General Tab, at the bottom what is the timeout set to? You'll see where you can set the timeout in seconds. See if that works.
    bummer, sounded logical but no luck...thanks though! I'll get it figured out Monday hopefully
    04-23-11 05:01 PM
    I just tried it on Outlook Web Access, and it worked fine.
    Don't have the exchange version to test it on.
    04-23-11 06:08 PM
    BUMPING this to the top wondering if anyone has had this problem too and has a solution? No luck here...
    09-22-11 08:08 AM
    as a note mail.XXXX.com/exchange is Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2000-2003

Exchange 2007-2010 changed the URL to mal.XXXX.com/owa

Same thing just different urls and Exchange versions.

Playbook works fine for me using my Exchange 2007 OWA running on a Win 2k8x64 box and BESx 5.
    09-22-11 08:19 AM
    right on, thanks

we're actually getting a new server within the next couple weeks that will be running exchange 2010 so hopefully I won't have a problem after that
    09-22-11 08:37 AM
    i can access my office email at mail.mycompanyname.com/exchange with no problem. but whenever i create a new message and hit send, it sends it a dozen times! only happens from my playbook, never from any other computer ...any ideas? i've tried a few times, careful to hit send only once....until we get native email on the pb this is a nuisance

may I ask you the setting that you use to setup your office email in playbook, I tried my office account 'microsoft exchange server email account' but no luck.
    02-21-12 08:54 PM

remove the "/exchange" i had mine set up with mail.mycompany.com/owa and it did multi sends, when i removed the OWA from the server address in setting on the playbook it work beautifully.
    02-21-12 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD