I am very curious if you have Activesync configured on a PlayBook and then have the PlayBook bridged to a BB phone, is this essentially the same as having the phone on a BES? In other words, does the PlayBook's mail and calendar sync click completely with a paired BlackBerry smartphone?
    09-10-12 03:39 AM
    I think you may be confusing things here....

ActiveSync on the Playbook allows you to sync your email with the native mail, contacts and calendar on the Playbook (Calendar and Contacts dependent on what email system is in use).

Bridging your phone to your playbook allows you to see your phones inbox, calendar, contacts, tasks and memos on the playbook in the Bridge apps.

The two are not linked in anyway (except using the data connection from the phone on the playbook to check your emails in the native applications on the playbook).
    09-10-12 06:44 AM
    Based on your response I feel that I should of reworded my question. I'm fully aware of what Activesync does. What I should of asked if its a one way connection from the phone to the PlayBook or if its a two-way sync. If I'm reading you correctly, you are stating the email travels over the bridge from the phone to the tablet only. This answers my question. Thanks
    melander likes this.
    09-10-12 08:21 AM
    Yes, Bridge is in effect a remote viewer for PIM data on your phone
    09-10-12 08:22 AM
    It's worth noting that the native client doesn't work over the bridge...
    09-10-12 09:27 AM
    It's worth noting that the native client doesn't work over the bridge...
    What do you mean "doesn't work"? Are you saying that I can't use my Exchange mailbox on my PlayBook when it's bridged to a phone?
    09-10-12 09:39 AM
    I have my amazing Bold 9900 set up on my corporate BES account and I have my even more amazing PlayBook (wifi only) set up via acyive sync to the same exchange server at my corporate. I have the Bold 9900 bridged to my PlayBook with no issues so I can retrieve my Bold 9900 emails on my PlayBook but if if I want to use the native email on the PlayBook to retrieve my corporate emails I have to VPN in to my corporate server to retrieve them. I can't wait till I get my 4G LTE PlayBook so I'm constantly connected my coprorate emails on the PlayBook.
    09-11-12 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD