06-17-13 09:05 AM
31 12
tools
    I'm going to say not to worry about getting it fixed as it is just for charging the Playbook and like your looking for the rapid charger can handle that. You will however be unable to sync it unless you do it wireless. If you want to get it repaired please check with RIM as I would not trust a third party to do it.
    08-15-12 05:28 PM
    The Micro USB AB port is because the Playbook has USB Host support as well. There are cables that go from the microUSB AB to USB A port so you can plug in a USB key, flash reader, camera, etc.
    09-09-12 06:49 PM
    The Micro USB AB port is because the Playbook has USB Host support as well. There are cables that go from the microUSB AB to USB A port so you can plug in a USB key, flash reader, camera, etc.
    Really? What OS version gives you usb host support on your Playbook?
    09-12-12 06:37 AM
    I said the Playbook HAS support, not that it's officially enabled.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-678095/
    09-13-12 12:34 AM
    I think it's utterly pathetic that I can't plug in a SD/USB adapter and use the PlayBook to view photos/videos on an SD card, or heaven forbid email/upload the media.
    paulschulte likes this.
    09-13-12 01:26 AM
    Thank you Chaddface for the post. I carved a piece of thin, rigid plastic to fit in my usb port and used it to gently press the plastic tounge inside towards the bottom (back) of my playbook. It was crammed up against the top, and I had not been able to charge it for a while. Now it is charging normally, but I still placed an order for a mag charger.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-17-13 09:05 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD