While I still despair finding a solution for USB key reading, for me one step to actually replace my laptop with the PB is the ability to project slides. With docsToGo and SmartOffice2 I feel I have all that is needed to read anything, but I need to plug the basic everyday VGA projector.
    All I found on the BB store was a super long adapter cable. I want a short one (where I work and visit every meeting room has a VGA drop extending up to the presenter ;-)
    So, I searched third-party supplies. I found two, of which only one actually mentions Playbooks: the Kmashi model, for instance on Amazon (the other one is a Samsung procurement)

Do you have an experience with this cable or a similar one here? delivered to Europe?
    Any other advice?

TIA!
    Herv
    Last edited by Herve5; 09-13-12 at 07:33 AM.
    09-13-12 07:30 AM
    There is a HP branded one that I have seen mentioned quite often. I am not sure if it comes in micro-HDMI or if you need to use an adapter.

Herve5 likes this.
    09-13-12 07:45 AM
    You can use any brand Micro-HDMI to VGA converter. Doesn't necessarily have to be for PlayBook. Just a good quality so you don't face any problems.

Or you can even get a HDMI to VGA converter and use it at the projector end.
    09-13-12 08:11 AM
    A friend and I ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-...bUvbUpU7616919

works great so far.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Herve5, DC506 and togardergrosse like this.
    09-13-12 09:13 AM
    I'm using the HP one with a micro to hdmi adapter but the one in above post would be half the price.
    Herve5 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:23 AM
    sorry, this post is going to make me sound like a real noob... but the cable posted above seems to have a female VGA plug, i think i need one with a male VGA plug to go into the projector? am i right?
    10-08-12 09:47 AM
    Yes you need a male connector to connect to the projector. The OP stated they already have a VGA cable dropped from the projector, so they would require a female connector to connect to the male cable.
    10-08-12 09:56 AM
    Yes you need a male connector to connect to the projector. The OP stated they already have a VGA cable dropped from the projector, so they would require a female connector to connect to the male cable.
    Yes you use the standard VGA cable that is already used with most projectors to attach to PC`s - you are replacing the PC part with the Playbook plus micro adapter plus HP adapter.
    10-08-12 10:02 AM
    I use some no-name microHDMI-VGA adaptor that cost me c.10 (<$20USD) from a little electronics shop in the UK - the VGA end is female (which is what is needed most of the time) but I also carry a male-male-VGA plug with it just in case... I've never tried it with videos, but it works fine with slides/powerpoint/word/excel/etc

Hope this helps

Alex
    10-08-12 10:23 AM
    In the end I bought the same and can confirm it works perfectly here, with a range of different projectors, work and home.
    Thank you Merlin!
    H.
    10-15-12 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD