09-29-12 09:44 AM
111 ... 345
tools
    Chinese input if noboday otherwise requested.
    Thanks.
    09-28-12 05:34 PM
    Well, it's happened again. I took the 1MB update to .668 (which had been working fairly well). Now my Playbook eats it's battery like crazy and i have lost the camera! Just a dark screen when i try to use it.

...Please forgive my rant. Losing the camera was a step back that has me shaking my head.
    Did you try multiple resets? I also took the 1 MB update to .668 and still have my camera. Have you tried having someone initiate a videochat from another Playbook? That might "wake up" your camera.
    09-28-12 11:45 PM
    1) Adobe Acrobat needs to be able to handle Bookmarks/Tabs within PDFs. Guessing/Trial and Error to find a specific page within a 600 Page PDF is a huge pain in the 455

2) Adding a "create calendar/appointment" option in the Email App. So that I can quickly create a calendar note right after I fire off an email confirming an appointment with a customer.

3) Allowing copy and pasting of email addresses directly into the address field when composing emails in the messaging app. Its a pain when im browsing a website or talking to someone in a forum, then being unable to copy email address directly from the web browser into the address field when I want to contact them via email.

Those are the features I wish/hope they will have in any future updates/releases.

Thanks.
    09-29-12 02:00 AM
    Videos: Continuous play (one video after another with reapeat of the whole playlist or folder)
    Videos: Shuffle mode (with continous play of course)
    09-29-12 02:56 AM
    Hi.

I have some ideas to add.

Video player: left-right issue. When the Blackberry trademark is upside-down while seeing a movie the audio output don't change of sides. If you can rotate the audio must do so; ONLY without earphones.

Video player: support for dual mp3 soundtracks.
    I find it very useful to improve my English.

Keyboard: Cursor Keys (tip gesture when keyboard displayed to get another line of keys, I think this gesture is duplucated beacuse you make this gesture over the keyboard close key).

I wish you find them useful.

From Bilbao (Basque Country).
    09-29-12 04:28 AM
    Did you try multiple resets? I also took the 1 MB update to .668 and still have my camera. Have you tried having someone initiate a videochat from another Playbook? That might "wake up" your camera.
    Well I finally worked up the courage to reinstall the operating system via desktop manager and all went (mostly) well. I would love to know why it installed .358 out of all the os's that are floating around but that's a discussion for another day.

As for the camera, it still is dark. I would be tempted to conclude that it's actually a hardware problem... camera went bad, but something tells me it's not. For one thing right after I reloaded, the first couple of times I tried to access the camera I got a message stating that the camera was being used by another application (?... I had just reinstalled!). It did this a couple of times and then the message stopped appearing and I'm back to just a dark screen.

Also, I can't even use the screen capture function. Fingers on Vol + and _ (and yes I disconnected the bridge). I would think that even without the camera's hardware, this function should work. Don't even get the "click" sound.

Now that I've reinstalled and am not so chicken to do it (), I will probably try it again. I've seen written that sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

Again, thank you for the response.
    09-29-12 07:03 AM
    Hmm, you guys may want to take your ideas directly to Beta Zone... This thread has been dead for a while now (yep, I'm the OP).
    09-29-12 09:20 AM
    Sorry. I have started another thread and have already gotten some answers to my questions. Will go to Beta Zone for sure. Thank you all again for putting up with my earlier rant.
    09-29-12 09:34 AM
    Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Navigation, Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.
    09-29-12 09:34 AM
    I use Telenav on my 9930. Works very well.
    09-29-12 09:36 AM
    Bridge :

Call Audio Routing : currently we can see in the Bridge who's calling... Why not route the Audio to the PB ?
    Wifi-based Bridge - why not use some sort of Ad-Hoc tech to bridge the BB and PB. (though my hunch is that BB10 may do this potentially )
    09-29-12 09:44 AM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD