At this point, I don't care if any new features are added. I just want what I already have to work. EVERY update I've installed has made my Playbook worse. Please, please, please RIM... Fix the bugs!!
    If the updates are making your PB worse then try a factory reset.
    http://crackberry.com/factory-reset-...ricked-devices
    diegonei likes this.
    05-14-12 08:25 AM
    It's on!

You'll have to be a Beta Zone member to see this. If you're not, sign up here!

If you already have access to Beta Zone, make sure to Like the posts. The more likes it gets, the higher are the chances the mods will pay attention to it.

To the PlayBook/BB10 team: Feature Request LIST
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-14-12 09:04 AM
    I'd like the ability to view/open PDF's from the browser w/o having to first save/download the PDF.

Also clicking on an email launches email application with that email address in the To: field,
    If bridged, clicking a phone number dialogue box appears asking to dial number on phone
    Clicking an address launches bing maps and provides ability to get directions to that location from current location (GPS)
    Last edited by LuayS; 05-14-12 at 09:09 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-14-12 09:06 AM
    I have one. When leaving the default email app open if I delete all messages in the inbox when I receive a new message it will show the header and body of the last email deleted until I move it to another folder than it is as should be. Shouldn't need to have to have an email in the inbox so this doesn't happen. I love a clean inbox.
    05-14-12 09:10 AM
    Bah, sorry above is a bug and not a feature.

Added my like on the beta zone.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-14-12 09:28 AM
    At this point, I don't care if any new features are added. I just want what I already have to work. EVERY update I've installed has made my Playbook worse. Please, please, please RIM... Fix the bugs!!
    Have you tried a wipe and reinstall? Each update has made my Playbook better much better!
    05-14-12 09:49 AM
    Didn't see these on your list...

Videos: ability to create a video playlist
    Streaming: DLNA support
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-14-12 at 10:03 AM.
    05-14-12 09:58 AM
    You guys do realize that the BB Tablet OS in its current form is going to be gone once BB10 is released. Some of these features are likely to be a part of BB10.
    Sure they will - otherwise they will loose the game...

BUT - why don't they give out *any* information about what is to come?
    WHY keep this as secrets?
    Ok - some secrets and surprises are good, but - during the last year there are quite a few things people have complaint about - features not working or missing features...
    Wouldn't it be better to release some info - tell us what we should expect - and then add some surprises on top of that... It would surely calm down most of the "Naggers"

I wish that RIM would be more open about what is happening - about what fixes are underway and what features are to be in next OS release...
    05-14-12 10:20 AM
    Sure they will - otherwise they will loose the game...

BUT - why don't they give out *any* information about what is to come?
    WHY keep this as secrets?
    Ok - some secrets and surprises are good, but - during the last year there are quite a few things people have complaint about - features not working or missing features...
    Wouldn't it be better to release some info - tell us what we should expect - and then add some surprises on top of that... It would surely calm down most of the "Naggers"

I wish that RIM would be more open about what is happening - about what fixes are underway and what features are to be in next OS release...
    I'll tell you why with an example: RIM demos new BB10 keyboard. Apple "dev" copies feature. Available sometime thisweek for jailbroken iOS devices.

And there's the reason they can't show everything.
    05-14-12 10:47 AM
    I'll tell you why with an example: RIM demos new BB10 keyboard. Apple "dev" copies feature. Available sometime thisweek for jailbroken iOS devices.

And there's the reason they can't show everything.
    As I said - keep some "secrets"..

But that does not explain why we cannot get ANY info about things like:

-When will we have support for full folder structure when picking files? So we can more easily send pictures/files as e-mail attachments, - or whenever we need to work on specific documents for specific projects.. Browsing through thousands of files every time you need to find something - does not make sense...

-When will we have support in the Picture app to see Meta tags/File info - even filename?

-When will we have functionality allowing us to send web link to e-mail/twitter etc..

-When will there be a native integration with Cloud services for storage and work? No - I dont mean a simple download/upload - we need all apps to be able to OPEN documents directly from the clouds - and work on them... without having to manually down/upload..
    and of course a minimum support of the top5 clouds must be supported...

These are just a few important fixes we need - and it would not benefit competitors to know when these fixes will be in place, but it would benefit me, as a consumer - and developer. Many of these issues cannot be fixed from developers either, since it requires a tight integration in the OS - and NO APIs are available to do it...

and showing off features they already do - like the keyboard - like the picture app, the UI etc...
    05-14-12 10:56 AM
    Tell you what... Buy around 30.000 shares of RIM. I bet you won't have problems getting deadlines then.
    05-14-12 12:52 PM
    I've read several different threads in this forum regarding the desire to be able to print on the PB. In fact, one post within a thread suggested RIM was working on a unique stylus / writing combination which would enable an elegant way to take notes, draw with precision, etc.

I haven't seen anything from RIM about this - but, I for one would absolutely love an integrated note taking stylus with the PB - one that would allow for accuracy, searchable by account name, date, topic, etc. and combined with poto, sound recording, etc.
    05-14-12 02:02 PM
    Have you tried a wipe and reinstall? Each update has made my Playbook better much better!
    I have considered a wipe and reinstall but am not sure which particular "version" to go back to... if I even have a choice. As for things getting worse, here is a for instance: At some point (some update or another) my bridge email went south. I now have the "flashing screen" that a lot of people have talked about. The last update has my browser "checkerboarding" much more than before... in fact, I never had a complaint about that.

Somewhere along the line a little bug crept in: if I don't touch the browser (or ebook reader, or probably any other screen), the first touch does nothing (maybe wakes up the screen?), and then the second touch registers (scrolls the browser window, book reader window, etc). This was NOT there before one of the upgrades.

There are lots and lots of little tiny things like this that weren't there when my Playbook/Bold combination were "new".

All I'm saying is that before we worry about new things, let's get RIM to fix what's wrong with the things we have. And by the way, I love my Playbook and my phone, wouldn't want anything else. I just want what I have to work properly.
    05-14-12 02:06 PM
    I have considered a wipe and reinstall but am not sure which particular "version" to go back to... if I even have a choice. As for things getting worse, here is a for instance: At some point (some update or another) my bridge email went south. I now have the "flashing screen" that a lot of people have talked about. The last update has my browser "checkerboarding" much more than before... in fact, I never had a complaint about that.

Somewhere along the line a little bug crept in: if I don't touch the browser (or ebook reader, or probably any other screen), the first touch does nothing (maybe wakes up the screen?), and then the second touch registers (scrolls the browser window, book reader window, etc). This was NOT there before one of the upgrades.

There are lots and lots of little tiny things like this that weren't there when my Playbook/Bold combination were "new".

All I'm saying is that before we worry about new things, let's get RIM to fix what's wrong with the things we have. And by the way, I love my Playbook and my phone, wouldn't want anything else. I just want what I have to work properly.
    You don't need to roll back. Just "debrick" the PlayBook and set it up again. Sometimes (and this is true for all computers) the OS does not sit right on the harddrive...
    05-14-12 09:44 PM
    Bridge:

Fix the reminder snooze/shut off so that it stops the phone sound even if the phone is locked. Currently, it only shuts off the phone if the phone is unlocked. Most inconvenient.
    05-15-12 10:02 AM
    Just to let the ones know a message from the thread in the beta zone.

John

BlackBerry Project Manager

RE: To the PlayBook/BB10 team: Feature Request LIST
    May 23, 2012 04:02pm
    Howdy folks,

Don't worry, I'm reading. This is a good summary of requested features. You've seen some of our plans for BlackBerry 10 so far this month...I know some of your top basic concerns will be addressed.

The product teams are using community suggestions, comments, and complaints like these to build BlackBerry 10 into something we'll be mutually proud to use to share.

Thanks!

John
    diegonei, kennyliu and f1mx like this.
    05-23-12 03:58 PM
    System + Apps; common "Send to" interface available for all apps like an API. Think "Share..." for Android, where it calls all apps that have stated themselves as ways to share content.

System + UI; Drag N' Drop any highlighted item (text, image, icon, file) into bottom bezel and bring up Unified callToActionTaskBar (patent pending). By dragging anything into a border, OS should have a GUI to drop the highlighted item; drop highlighted item on

Envelope = email highlighted item as attachment
    BBM icon = send highlighted item to BBM contact
    social network of choice = share highlighted item (support for video, image, text as update)
    3.5" disk = save/store highlighted item locally as file
    bluetooth icon = beam highlighted item as file
    Contact = highlighted item text is info of new contact / add info to existing contact, highlighted item image is profile pic
    Docs2Go = open highlighted item / embed into opened file
    Box/Dropbox/etc = upload highlighted item as file to associated account.
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-23-12 06:40 PM
    Sorry if it has been mentioned but it would be really nice to have "select all" in boxes such as the one I'm typing in.

I tried to copy a quote from a thread to past into another thread from different tabs and it was impossible. I guess I could have not tried to copy the quote from this box and instead copied the text from the post itself and pasted in but then I wouldn't have the OP in the quote to credit.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-02-12 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
    06-02-12 10:35 AM
    1) I would like to be able to hide the icon of apps that can't be deleted, hold down on icon until it flashes and have a "Hide" option, then an extra option in the settings for hidden icons so they could be un-hidden.

2) The ability to choose which app is the default app for a particular file type.

3) Predictive text to work with my new keyboard and to be able to use the spell checker without having to swipe up the on screen keyboard, this keyboard was designed specifically for the playbook after all.
    06-07-12 08:00 AM
    And if it is not too much, make the screen high definition... something that is becoming norm in the market...
    06-07-12 08:24 AM
    Music: Stream playlists thru Bridge
    Video: Allow for continuous play of multiple videos, make a submenu that enables to select what to play
    Media: Allow the Bridge remote control to easily control music and video apps (play/pause/next/forward) like in the Presenter mode. It's not very comfortable to control that thru the mouse option.
    06-07-12 12:47 PM
    Updated Media Player for me......
    06-07-12 01:03 PM
    Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead (well not really, else I wouldn't have ), but I thought of another thing I would like to see. I would love to have the ability to label the homepage/drawer screens and then be able to touch the label to go to the screen that I want.

So for example, you know how you can make a folder and it opens up and shows the label on top, I want something like that per screen. Without folders I would have 8 screens to organize my apps (screen for games, screen for business apps, etc). It would be nice to be able to move to the screen I want rather than scroll back and forth. Similar to OS1 only the written tabs would be customizable and only shown when the drawer is brought up.
    09-21-12 01:07 AM
    That's a tough one. People seem to prefer nameless white dots to indicate what page they're on.
    09-21-12 01:32 AM
    Well, it's happened again. I took the 1MB update to .668 (which had been working fairly well). Now my Playbook eats it's battery like crazy and i have lost the camera! Just a dark screen when i try to use it.

Thank you all for the previous comments but i have read sooooo many posts about upgrading and down grading and how you cant go back to previous versions if you're beyond a certain number.

To be honest, I love my Playbook and would hate to lose the use of it even if it means having to use it "broken".

Someone mentioned wishing that the playbook wasn't so "computer-like" in that it wouldn't need occasional re-installs. I so wish my Playbook WAS like my desktop in that respect. I'm a techie. I have reinstalled OS's so many times in so many desktops, old ones in new hardware, new ones in old hardware. I've always been able to make them work. This Playbook has me VERY frustrated. It's always two steps forward and one step back.

Again, I want nothing else, will buy nothing else. I may just try some of the things I've read in this thread and others. Little by little I'm ending up with nothing to lose.

Please forgive my rant. Losing the camera was a step back that has me shaking my head.
    09-28-12 11:46 AM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD