please add:

*Native OS integrated folder support, to make it easy to locate files when needed,.. attaching files/pictures to e-mail is worse than a nightmare today..

*Native OS integrated support to "send" pages to other apps,.. so when I am looking at a webpage, I can easy send the page address or content to e-mail, or directly post link to my Twitter account

*Native OS integrated cross-messaging support. When reading a Facebook, or LinkedIn message, it should be easy to forward that message to a "normal" e-mail address...

*Picture app need support for displaying Fileinfo, including META tags...

*FileManager is currently just a big joke. It needs too much to be fixed. We need a "real" FileManager with support for Folders, Copy/Move files, FileINFOdisplay etc... and of course support for different "Clouds"... The same way as we today have "Accounts" to set-up e-mail/facebook/twitter accounts, there should be a CloudSetup supporting at least DropBox, GoogleDrive, SkyDrive, Box and SugarSync.

*Messages app needs to be repaired, and better integration with the supported services..
    Gmail, Facebook and LinkedIn - all support to "Archive" mails,... not implemented in the current Messages app...
    Gmail relies on Labels, and in many situations it makes sense to connect a mail with several Labels.. This is not yet supported... Even the BIS e.mail on the phones support this...
    Gmail have easy way to "Archive" mail... MUST be supported on the PB
    Facebook: When I archive a mail from Facebook via web,. - the email still shows in Messages
    Facebook: Must be possible to use Archive function from inside PlayBooks Messages app
    LinkedIn: Same Archive issue.. MUST be a way to easy move email to Archive folder

and of course when it comes to e-mail, there MUST be a way to access "old" external mail - the same way as we can do from our handsets,... search in Gmails folders... and the search-result pops up in the phone to easy retrieve the email in question.
    The current Gmail implementation on PlayBook is almost a joke,

I also find it weird how the e-mail system currently works,...
    I can sit and watch an e-mail coming in to a Gmail account, and it pops up on my phone that the mail is there... on PB it still don't show up.. sometimes it is quick - but other times it can take several minutes... Even when doing a manual "refresh" - still not showing up... a few minutes later - the mail find its way to the PB..
    Where is all these delays coming from? Does RIM grab the mails first, and pushes it to PB, so the delays are from RIM servers?

and lots lots more...

I Hope, that all delays with PB updates, and lack of proper functionality, is all because of ongoing work with BB10, so that our PlayBooks soon will get BB10 with all functionality that should have been there more than a year ago.
    diegonei, h20work and jivegirl14 like this.
    05-12-12 01:42 PM
    Phones use BIS, PlayBook uses Active Sync. There is your delay.

Guy! Please take a look at the list, let's avoid repetition!
    05-12-12 02:01 PM
    OS: All language support. Currently we are still missing eastern aisan language support, I heard German is missing too.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 02:13 PM
    Bugs: native email and calendar loss network connection even when wifi is clearly working.
    05-12-12 02:14 PM
    Bugs: native email and calendar loss network connection even when wifi is clearly working.
    Really? Strange, mine seem to work fine... 0.o
    05-12-12 04:46 PM
    yea - same here... but not sure if it's the email and calendar only.. when i get problems - and go to Settings/Accounts - I either get a blank screen, or it show accounts as disconnected -and if I click on any - it tells me I am offline... but I can still browse the internet...

A reboot usually fixes the problem - until it happens next time...

also - every time I access the network on another WiFi connection , I must reboot the PB for the Accounts to be logged in again and for Messages to work.
    05-12-12 05:08 PM
    I want to have the possibility to use BBM on playbook without using the bridge.

Greetings from Norway

Sent from my incredible unbelieveable BlackBerry Torch 9860 using Schlabbatalk
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 05:32 PM
    I want to have the possibility to use BBM on playbook without using the bridge.

Greetings from Norway

Sent from my incredible unbelieveable BlackBerry Torch 9860 using Schlabbatalk
    Greetings back from Brasil!

That will come when RIM decides it's ready for prime time. Till then, anything that already exists that you want to do something better?
    05-12-12 05:52 PM
    Just one request. The ability to select a picture or file and "send to" recipient.
    diegonei and h20work like this.
    05-12-12 05:52 PM
    Just one request. The ability to select a picture or file and "send to" recipient.
    Already on the list!
    05-12-12 06:06 PM
    Native Tasks/Todo and MemoPad/Journal.
    Video chat to work over bridge connection, not only Wi-Fi.
    Better management of bridged Tasks and Memos like ability to Sort/Hide with full edit.
    Full synchronization with Outlook.
    diegonei and anon(3896606) like this.
    05-12-12 07:09 PM
    Quite the list building here. Hopefully most of it makes it in. Not sure I can think of anything more to add yet.
    diegonei and anon(3896606) like this.
    05-12-12 07:27 PM
    Docs To Go -- add the ability to edit text files (.txt)
    diegonei and Barljo like this.
    05-12-12 08:24 PM
    Something I would personally like: a homescreen-like page to display my lovely wallpaper? My wallpaper now is always covered by app windows or icons.

Also, just recalled, the video player should add 'fit to screen' button like what the BB7/6 OS have (or MovieSRT/MovieFLV app). Because 1024x600 is not exactly a 16:9 screen, hence playing 16:9 videos will have small black bars on the top and bottom of the video. Pinch and zoom works but fit to screen is better.
    Last edited by jiatern; 05-12-12 at 08:55 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 08:27 PM
    Native Tasks/Todo and MemoPad/Journal.
    Video chat to work over bridge connection, not only Wi-Fi.
    Better management of bridged Tasks and Memos like ability to Sort/Hide with full edit.
    Full synchronization with Outlook.
    You know, I don't think that the way BIS works now would allow Video Chat over Bridge. I'll add it, but I don't expect that to happen.
    05-12-12 08:46 PM
    Customized gestures

Upnp / DLNA compatible
    diegonei and anon(3870164) like this.
    05-12-12 09:00 PM
    Documents To Go - add ability to insert new footnote in a document
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 09:17 PM
    The ability to choose between the tabbed view that was in OS 1.X, or the folder view in OS 2.X.
    05-12-12 09:42 PM
    Send to features. Pop up menu packed with commands/options on homescreen and in apps. Just like the phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    diegonei and h20work like this.
    05-12-12 10:13 PM
    Full and proper implememtation on IMAP on the native email client.

Yahoo mail to be properly implemented on the native email client.

Oh, and er........Skype.
    diegonei and Creaulx like this.
    05-13-12 03:27 AM
    Full and proper implememtation on IMAP on the native email client.

Yahoo mail to be properly implemented on the native email client.

Oh, and er........Skype.
    Oh, err... Complain about Skype to Microsoft.
    05-13-12 07:15 AM
    Music, support for MP4's.. Unless it already does and I'm missing something!
    05-13-12 09:37 AM
    Music, support for MP4's.. Unless it already does and I'm missing something!
    DRM-free mp4 can be played, as far as I know at least.

But thanks for reminding me about MPEG support!!
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-13-12 at 09:50 AM.
    05-13-12 09:40 AM
    i would like to see Bluetooth file transfer between all devices and the playbook in the upcoming S/W update. at the moment as most of you already know ,bluetooth supports tethering and bridge.

for me if i know it will be coming in the next update ,i can bare with delays.. wont make me sad.

Thanks and its a pleasure to be part of this forum.

Divakar from Colombo
    diegonei likes this.
    05-13-12 12:13 PM
    DRM-free mp4 can be played, as far as I know at least.

But thanks for reminding me about MPEG support!!
    Yep, MP4s play fine on my pb.
    05-13-12 12:18 PM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD