Hey guys.

I'm starting a thread in BZ with what I think they could do to improve the PB, its core apps, and whatnot.

I'd appreciate your input! Let's help them tailor the PlayBook to our needs.

Here is the original list, I'll add yours in edits, along with whatever else comes to mind.

• Podcasts: Make the PlayBook Podcasts app use BBID to sync the podcast subscriptions, just like the phone's Podcast app does;
    • Podcasts: Ability to share "Now listening to [podcast_name] - [episode_name]" to social media sites;
    • Browser: In page search;
    • Browser: Home gesture;
    • Browser: Bookmark management;
    • Bedside mode: Having the PB go crying to be fed at 3am is NOT FUNNY;
    • Document To Go: Bring PDF to Go to the PlayBook;
    • Document To Go: Ability to display images within "word" files;
    • Sharing: Holding on images/links should bring an option to share on social media, email, BBM (if Bridged);
    • Videos: Let us organize the videos. By folders, by name and stuff like that;
    • Music: Dumb and smart playlists, created directly in the device;
    • Music: Cosmetic change to the Artists panel. Let's have it look like the Albums panel.
    • Music: Equalization.
    • Files: Instead of showing us a number of extensions. Show us the folders and the files we have access to. We don't need to see the root, but we want to see ALL our files.
    • Files: Hide album cover art from the system file browser;
    • Services: Worldwide launch of all BlackBerry apps;

EDIT:

• Contacts: Sync contacts between the PB and BB without having to use third party cloud/services; - by RWWackoStu
    • Documents to Go: Ability to choose the destination of saved files, including the BlackBerry SD card; - by Trini-34
    • Documents to Go: Undo/Re-do history; - by Trini-34
    • Documents to Go: Ability to add formulas to Sheet To Go's formula's database; - by Trini-34
    • Media: Option to keep folder structure in music and video apps when browsing files; - by homer1475
    • Documents to Go: Ability to make files compatible with MS Officer 2010; - by jafobabe
    • USB Support: Activation to allow Thumb Drives to transfer files to and from PB; - by jafobabe
    • Files: Folder structure/View - Add Thumbnail view; - by jafobabe
    • Files: Ability to name the files we create; - by jafobabe
    • Media: Support for more codecs and formats; - by r0v3rT3N
    • Videos: Location memory and resume function; - by r0v3rT3N
    • Videos: Fast Forward (x2, x4, x8); - by r0v3rT3N
    • Videos: Slow Motion (x2, x4, x8)
    • Videos: Adjust gamma, brigntess, etc settings; - by r0v3rT3N
    • Music: Updated tag support; - by r0v3rT3N
    • Lockscreen - by r0v3rT3N
    • Lockscreen: Media controls available while playing music; - by r0v3rT3N
    • Files: Printing to WiFi/BlueTooth printers; - by BackDaws
    • Files: Printing to network printers; - by alnamvet68
    • System: Enable background services/notifications for party apps - by kennyliu
    • System: Universal search; - by kennyliu
    • Browser: Go to the top/bottom of page gestures/buttom; - by kennyliu
    • Browser: Bezel scrolling; - by BerryClever
    • Files: Password protected folders; - by BerryClever
    • Documents to Go: Create presentation from scratch; - by BerryClever
    • Documents to Go: Ability to save files as PDF; - by BerryClever
    • Contacts: Ability to group contacts; - by BerryClever
    • Media: Metadata tags (location, data, time); - by BerryClever
    • AppWorld: Ability to delete selected uninstalled history; - by BerryClever
    • AppWorld: See all apps by a certain developer; - by BerryClever
    • AppWorld: "See also" tab, showing similar apps; - by BerryClever
    • Lockscreen: Clock/alarm clock/weather mode; - by BerryClever
    • Lockscreen: Owner's information mode; - by BerryClever
    • System: Password protection option for Contacts/Messages/Calendar apps; - by BerryClever
    • System: different color notification lights option; - by BerryClever
    • Media: Microsoft Siverlight Support; - by pkcable
    • System: Call for the copy/paste dialogue window with a key combo; - by kennyliu
    • System: Ability to disable automatic startup of Android runtime; - by kennyliu
    • Documents To Go: Ability to display and create charts and graphing; - by kennyliu
    • Attachments: Ability to attach any file stored within user-accessable folders; - by inamar
    • Sharing: Ability to send/share urls from the browser to social networks/email; - by Lindstrom
    • System: Support all languages (same as with BB7/6/5 devices); - by aha
    • Documents to Go: Ability to open/edit/save TXT files; - by iusebb
    • Lockscreen: Wallpaper only mode; - by jiatern
    • Video Chat: Bridge connectivity; - by Eli.Bret
    • Bridge: Full support for Tasks and Memos; - by Eli.Bret
    • System: Full MS Outlook sync support; - by Eli.Bret
    • System: Customizable gestures; - by ast_ph
    • System: UPNP Support; - by ast_ph
    • Documents To Go: Ability to insert/edit footnotes; - by SoupySioux
    • Video: Support for MPEG; - by Tules
    • System: Bluetooth file transfer support; - by divakar
    • Documents to Go: Ability to insert rows/columns into spreadsheets - by kmcobra64
    • Messages: Sorting (Unread first, By Date, By Sender, By Groups, Flagged) - by kennyliu
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-13-12 at 04:47 PM.
    05-12-12 10:00 AM
    All I want is the ability to sync contacts between the PB and my BB without having to us some third party cloud. Native PB email is useless without this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry Forums Appm
    05-12-12 10:18 AM
    I simply want my folder structure to remain while looking at videos and/or music.

IE:
    all my five finger death punch albums to remain in there respective folders instead of just showing all the music. Makes looking for a specific song very cumbersome.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 10:28 AM
    On docs to go, we need track changes. Excel needs improvements, needs the ability to create a simple formulas. Browser, improvements needed- get rid of the checkerboard. Save- I want to able to choose where I save my docs, on my BB or BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Still love my BB and PB!
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 10:36 AM
    On docs to go, we need track changes. Excel needs improvements, needs the ability to create a simple formulas. Browser, improvements needed- get rid of the checkerboard. Save- I want to able to choose where I save my docs, on my BB or BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Still love my BB and PB!
    Checkerboard is really just space the browser didn't finish up loading. Not much can be done about that...

Adding the rest!
    05-12-12 10:45 AM
    These are my top four that eerrk the heck out of me...

1. Docs To Go: Upgrade to the current MS Office 2010. How can i use it now when it will loose all my settings made in the 2010... grrrrrr.. top reason my son will not switch to BB/PB for his business.
    2. USB Port: Activation to allow Thumb Drives to transfer files to and from PB
    3. Folder structure/View: Add Thumbnail view.
    4. Folder structure/Names: Ability to name the files we create AND be able to see them/change them!

I'll think of more later..
    Last edited by jafobabe; 05-12-12 at 10:59 AM.
    05-12-12 10:54 AM
    Native Printing from Playbook to wifi/network printer

Simple editing tools for pictures and videos.

Native Twitter ( look at HTC's Peep its brill)

Basically take the best stuff from other tablets and implement it into playbook.

The sharing feature on Android is by far the best and easiest available.

05-12-12 10:57 AM
    What I Think is Needed:

What the Video Player Needs:
    • Support for more codecs and formats.
    • If watching a movie it's annoying that you have to remember where you are. So a Resume/Restart button would be nice (Can also be refered to as a bookmark).
    • Fast forward function. (Not just skip ahead.)
    • Folders and Playlists to sort movies. (e.g. Customizable, maybe by series, etc.)
    • More support for 'digital copy' movies.
    • DLNA Support.
    • Adjust settings. (Brightness, gamma, etc...)
    • Access to Cloud services to view/download/upload your movies. (Why did they buy NewBay if you aren't going to use them?)

What the Music Player Needs:
    • Visualization
    • Support more codecs and formats.
    • More Implementation of 'tagging'. (E.g. Artist/Track/Year)
    • 'Gapless' Playback
    • Music playable via bridge.
    • More than one playlist and make them easily made. (E.g. Just like the folders on OS 2.0 homescreen just drag one song onto another and name the playlist?)
    • Bookmarks in audio file.
    • Play, pause, stop, skip, back button on lock screen.
    • DLNA Support
    • Album Art fix.
    • Alphabet for scrolling through music. (Just like the Contacts, or Video Chat application.)
    • Access to Cloud services to listen/download/upload your music. (Why did they buy NewBay if you aren't going to use them?)

Other:
    • Video Store available for more countries.
    • Video Store and Music Store integration with the Desktop Software.
    • BlackBerry Travel, Wallet, Protect and all of those! (BlackBerry need's to support their own device!)

Hope this helps!
    05-12-12 11:05 AM
    Native Printing from Playbook to wifi/network printer

Simple editing tools for pictures and videos.

This is is coming already. Didn't you see the BB10 videos?

Native Twitter ( look at HTC's Peep its brill)

It's not about new apps though. It's about making what we already have better.

Basically take the best stuff from other tablets and implement it into playbook.

Erm... Not making it into the list.

The sharing feature on Android is by far the best and easiest available.

Elaborate.

Be specific. Help me here.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-12-12 at 11:17 AM.
    05-12-12 11:13 AM
    Guys, this is about making the PlayBook better. Please refrain from asking for things we know are already coming (like DLNA) and apps (like native versions).

Keep them coming! This is awesome!!

Last edited by diegonei; 05-12-12 at 11:37 AM.
    05-12-12 11:25 AM
    Native wi-fi, Bluetooth print app...from the PlayBook straight to a Bluetooth/wi-fi/network capable printer.
    diegonei and anon(3460513) like this.
    05-12-12 11:34 AM
    Off the top of my head:

- Enable background services/notifications for 3d party apps at long last
    - Universal search

Browser:
    - On top of search on page and bookmark management, go to the top/bottom of page.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 11:53 AM
    Oh, by the way OP, there is an email you can send this to. They set it up specifically for customer feedback (I'll look it up for you).

However, the submission process is somewhat tedious, as you'll need to fill out and sign a form.

You may also want to reference this thread in the Beta Zone.
    05-12-12 11:57 AM
    Oh, by the way OP, there is an email you can send this to. They set it up specifically for customer feedback (I'll look it up for you).

However, the submission process is somewhat tedious, as you'll need to fill out and sign a form.

Hey guys.
    I'm starting a thread in BZ with what I think they could do to improve the PB, its core apps, and whatnot.
    Yep. I know. Let me add your feedback to the list.

The idea of a thread vs the form is getting people from BZ that are no here in CB to also share their input.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-12-12 at 12:23 PM.
    05-12-12 12:00 PM
    Here is what I have from a previous topic. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ements-705896/
    diegonei likes this.
    05-12-12 12:11 PM

What is the e-mail? If you don't mind finding it again. I don't know where to even look, as I already thought I looked everywhere and never seen a form.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 05-12-12 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Sorry, I put the the wrong quote in. I was trying for a quote within a quote :S
    05-12-12 12:13 PM
    What is the e-mail? If you don't mind finding it again. I don't know where to even look, as I already thought I looked everywhere and never seen a form.
    Feedback form

General questions email
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-12-12 12:22 PM
    Support for silverlight!
    diegonei, TNNurse and Barljo like this.
    05-12-12 12:24 PM
    Here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ements-691591/

See post #77 for the email address.
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-12-12 12:29 PM
    BTW, I'm not planning on taking credit for the ideas. I'll post the list as it is.

IF any of you don't want your CB names listed in Beta Zone, let me know and I'll take them out.
    05-12-12 12:33 PM
    Keyboard:
    - Call for the copy/paste dialogue window with a key combo (major pain for me)
    - Require developers to enable predictive keyboard in all apps

- Option to disable automatic startup of Android runtime

Sheets to Go:
    - Simple charting/graphing options.
    diegonei, jafobabe and jivegirl14 like this.
    05-12-12 12:33 PM
    BTW, I'm not planning on taking credit for the ideas. I'll post the list as it is.

IF any of you don't want your CB names listed in Beta Zone, let me know and I'll take them out.
    I personally don't mind if you do As long as we see some of the suggested improvements.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-12-12 12:34 PM
    I personally don't mind if you do As long as we see some of the suggested improvements.
    "United we stand". I kinda believe that works.

Let me get the rest of your ideas in.
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-12-12 12:36 PM
    1) Attachments. I want to be able to attach any file (picture, video, document) to emails by just holding onto the screen. Like how you can do on phones (my reference point here is the 9900). (This I think would just cement the awesomeness of this device: Tap a picture, document file, flick it to a corner and it opens up as an attachment in a new conversation on messages)

2) Better native file explorer program, even something like in the OS6/7 devices would do the trick for me.
    diegonei and h20work like this.
    05-12-12 12:44 PM
    It's [email protected]

After you send them your suggestions, they will reply asking you to fill out the non-confidentiality form.
    BerryClever likes this.
    05-12-12 01:13 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD